collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: A G1 video game?  (Read 1975 times)

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
A G1 video game?
« on: January 28, 2018, 08:45:08 AM »
I've always wondered about a G1 video game. I'm a huge gamer and I love ponies. But, to put it simply, I'm cheap and don't really like spending money on games, so things like Pony Island aren't a great option. Firstly, has anyone made a G1 game? I've searched and searched and I can't find any!

Secondly, would there be interest in a G1 game? It would be really cool if we could make one! It could be a mobile app or online, and it could be any type of game really. I would really love to make one but I don't know how to code so I would need someone else to help me. (My signature even says so!) Anyone interested? My ideas are under the spoiler.
Spoiler
My main idea is like the G4 gameloft game, but G1. Tirac has covered the world in darkness and all the little ponies have been lost! Rebuild Ponyland and help the little ponies. It will advance through the years of G1 and might even include Nirvanas and prototypes. Playsets will be buildings along with other buildings inspired off of sets and specific ponies. There will be and adventure element as well where you have to save ponies, fight villains, etc. In a sentence: Build Ponyland then be the mayor of it :)

This next one is a Pokemon style game. Go through all the regions and collect all the Ponymon! Shinies could be nirvanas!

A collection of mini games based on sets and specific ponies.

An RPG where you play in Ponyland and help the ponies.

What do you guys think? Any ideas? Anyone interested?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Offline RoseNoire

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • pony count : 243
    • View Profile
Re: A G1 video game?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2018, 08:50:11 AM »
It would really be amazing to see G1 videogames come alive. I'm not good enough at coding, I'm so sorry. I really hope some people will come and help you/us. =D
Rusty/frizzy pony restoration tutorial
Drink'n'wet pony restoration tutorial
G3 Twist and Style petal parlor thorough cleaning
My collection | My drawings
-> Made by Witchvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
-> Made by Starrynights

Offline Mana Minori

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2018, 08:58:36 AM »
I'm not good at coding, either. But maybe if you ever need lines for character dialogue or potential future plot lines where the game could go, if it's a progressive one....
formerly nightmare muffin

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2018, 09:03:51 AM »
I'm not really a gamer, and I admit to being driven mad by the butterfly in the G2 game...

If you manage to make it a project, though, I wish you luck :D
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Safflower

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2018, 09:04:49 AM »
Thanks guys! It would be cool to see ponies "come alive"! That way we can interact with all the rare and beautiful ponies! I'm lookin at you, Rapunzel... And thanks for the offer nightmare muffin! And I do plan to make the game progressive if I ever help make it. New ponies/places/storylines would probably keep being added :) And thank you Taffeta!

Offline Shatyr

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2018, 09:09:48 AM »
I would buy this. I would play this. I would be absolutely useless in helping to develop this. :D

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2018, 09:41:09 AM »
I’m useless in development, but I could handle making the 3d assets for the game. It would be a learning experience. I’ve never done it before, but I could figure it out. I got the software already. Good luck on making this a thing.
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2018, 10:19:00 AM »
Nope. Videogames based on pre-existing properties, cartoons, movies, toys, brand name products are almost always lousy. We tried the G3 game and Care Bears game on a gba emulator. The power of suckitude was predictable.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Safflower

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2018, 10:37:13 AM »
Thanks Shatyr and thanks for the offer Mewtwofan1  :)
Nope. Videogames based on pre-existing properties, cartoons, movies, toys, brand name products are almost always lousy. We tried the G3 game and Care Bears game on a gba emulator. The power of suckitude was predictable.
Well, it wouldn't be made by Hasbro for little girls who don't care, it would be made by the community :) I would probably ask the community what they want :) I would hope to make it free so it wouldn't hurt to try playing it :)

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2018, 10:39:09 AM »
I thought about making some Minecraft G1 themed adventure maps, but quickly ran into the roadblock of being too lazy and also a lousy builder.  :P

But anyway, it might be an easy way for someone to get their feet wet.  The nice thing is that no programming knowledge would be required.  You could just go in creative mode and build MLP-looking stuff.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Kazzellin

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2018, 11:32:40 AM »
That’s because the people who are tapped to make movie-tie-in games typically aren’t given decent information to make the game, much less enough time to make anything decent; the people who give them the license are counting on brand-recognition to sell copies. *shrug* I know the gang on Extra Creditz (YouTube channel) covered it when asked why tie-in games are so lousy. I’ll see if I can find the episode once I’m home.

Alas, I don’t know how to code either, but tying in with the tips you can get via the Extra Creditz channel, Khan Academy (online) also does computer classes, and they’re free if you have a few moments to take a look? Otherwise there’s Unity, but I don’t believe they’re free (unless sponsoring an Extra Creditz ep., in which case there might be a code for a bit). :huh:
My creativity keeps running into a lack of time and resources.  :cry:
I'm also available via twitter at @Kazzellin :)

So many projects!! What do I want to work on? :awake:

Offline Safflower

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2018, 01:16:35 PM »
Thanks for the tips LadyMoondancer and Kazzelin! I might try the Minecraft building as an experiment. If it were to be on Minecraft though, it wouldn't be free. People would still have to buy the game if they didn't already have it. And I will look into things Kazzelin :)

Offline RoseNoire

• Scribbles Pony
  • pony count : 243
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2018, 01:19:58 PM »
As a huge Minecraft nerd, it's price is really worth the hours, years even, of extremely various gameplay. It's like buying a free game if there was a ratio fun-gameplay/price.
Rusty/frizzy pony restoration tutorial
Drink'n'wet pony restoration tutorial
G3 Twist and Style petal parlor thorough cleaning
My collection | My drawings
-> Made by Witchvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
-> Made by Starrynights

Offline Safflower

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2018, 05:02:00 PM »
Yeah, Minecraft is pretty great :) I would like to have the game not on Minecraft because some people just don't have it. Anyway, here is a more detailed explanation of my main town building idea:
Spoiler
My Pretty Pony would welcome you into the world like Prof. Oak. You would then be launched into a tutorial. You would already have the Collectors Pose ponies in your Ponyland town. They would give you the tutorial and explain how they need help because Tirac used the Rainbow of Darkness to trap the ponies and land in darkness. Each one would have a building/house that you would need to build to learn the basics. Building comes from resources you could get from mini games based on locations from the various canons. After you build things and get the town running, you could clear your first patch of darkness and find some Year Two ponies. You then move through the years of G1 with My Pretty Pony's help when you need it. Eventually you will have a bustling Ponyland with lots of different locations, mini games to play to get lots of stuff, lots of different ponies and types of buildings, and other stuff too. Building would include playsets like the Pretty Parlor where you could dress us your ponies and the show stable where you could level up your ponies and other buildings too like gardens and farms. Of course, these are just details that can be changed! Just a more detailed explanation :)

Offline Khoufu

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Waterfire is best pony. \\//,
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2018, 04:35:27 PM »
I need this game.
:enraged:   PM for a link to my Retro MLP group on Telegram!   

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal