collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Asked for combined shipping but eBay is prodding me to pay (solved!)  (Read 1634 times)

Offline Dreamer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Hello! I'm looking for some advice on what to do. Two days ago I decided to purchase two items off a seller, and requested combined shipping for them. In order to do that, I used that nifty "Request total from seller" button and send them an invoice asking them to combine postage costs. I suppose it would take the seller one or two days to combine the shipping for the items, right?

Well, I have not received any messages from the seller back, but I received two mails from eBay (one for each item) prompting me to complete my sales. Since I did all of this on Friday, I assume the seller does not respond to e-mails on weekends or that they're busy, and I would not mind waiting for tomorrow to respond if those little messages eBay sent me didn't warn me that I should "Pay within 2 days to avoid an Unpaid Item Case against you"! And two days already passed and the postage costs are still not combined!

So I would like to hear some advice. Maybe I'm overreacting a bit (e-commerce is still pretty new for me after all), but should I just calm down and wait until the seller answers me back, send them another invoice just in case, or just pay already to avoid any further trouble?
« Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 07:14:35 AM by Dreamer »

Offline Lollipop

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • *Lollipop's for everypony*
    • View Profile
    • Wickstead's - Something Quintessentially Unique & Just That Little Bit Different
Re: Asked for combined shipping but eBay is prodding me to pay
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2018, 08:36:16 AM »
Have you messaged the seller or just clicked the 'request total from seller' button?
If you haven't messaged them, send them a message as well, as some sellers don't notice that a total has been requested.  :)
Lollipop
Wickstead's Wickstead's BLOG
:heart: :heart: :lovey: :heart: :heart:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Want/Wish List SALES Thread TRADES Thread :biggrin:

Offline Dreamer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2018, 08:41:23 AM »
Have you messaged the seller or just clicked the 'request total from seller' button?
If you haven't messaged them, send them a message as well, as some sellers don't notice that a total has been requested.  :)

Clicked the button, added a message, sent. I'll send them another message (through the Contact one) just in case. We'll see if that helps, thank you!

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2018, 09:42:15 AM »
You can request combined shipping, but the seller is under no obligation to provide this to you. 

Ebay wants two parcels so it can get shipping fees twice, so it doesn't make the process easy for sellers at all. 

If your non-payment deadline is looming, it might be in your best interest to pay the full costs now and try to negotiate with the seller with your account in good standing.  Because all Ebay can say to you right now, is paying for the two auctions you've won, plus those shipping costs. 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline jrr74

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • when life hands you lemons, make lemonade
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2018, 10:32:34 AM »
This has happened to me with the delayed response from the seller.  She apologized when she did finally respond saying she had a family emergency come up.  Anyway, in the auction, did the seller mentioned combined shipping?  If so, I would message them everyday through the contact seller option.  As for eBay, I think that is some sort of automatic message they send out.  Good luck
ISO Greek babies  ^.^

Offline nhal039

• Trade Count: (+171)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2018, 12:45:02 PM »
I would wait for a response,I always allow combined post on eBay but eBay goes out of there way to not allow this! People often pay before I can change invoices and so I end up out of pocket refunding the extra postage paid as eBay still takes the fees out of the whole proportion of postage paid. If I had time to change invoices this wouldn't be a problem.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2018, 02:54:13 AM »
Ebay has also been known to block requests for combined shipping from sellers who do offer it when trying to request a total. And in my case, tried to charge me for double the items I ordered because it told me the request total thing didn't go through, and it actually did, so it went through twice. Fortunately rescued by sellers in each occasion...but yeah. Ebay is not friendly these days. Definitely contacting the seller is the way to go because ultimately if a case got opened, you've proof of trying to make contact...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Dreamer

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2018, 03:10:17 AM »
Hi, just dropping by to say that the issue is solved, the seller got my second message and arranged the shipping costs. Again, thank you everybody  :)

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2018, 06:53:54 AM »
Glad the seller returned your messages and figured out that invoice for you! :)
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: Asked for combined shipping but eBay is prodding me to pay (solved!)
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2018, 11:07:32 AM »
Hi, just dropping by to say that the issue is solved, the seller got my second message and arranged the shipping costs. Again, thank you everybody  :)

Yay :D Glad to hear it's sorted and you've defeated the evil ebay autobots :)
(cue transformers theme...)
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal