collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Baking Loop-De-La question  (Read 507 times)

Offline Chibiskittles

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Meow!
    • View Profile
Baking Loop-De-La question
« on: January 26, 2018, 01:58:16 PM »
 :blush:  I am a noooooooooob at this so please excuse the question,

Ive managed to remove most of the main parts of Loop-De-La to customize her.  From what I understand, it is just not safe to bake the electronic parts and thats why we give her the lobotomy and whatnot.

my question is, once i get the main guts out, can i still bake her with the pink parts in, or should i remove those too? 

Picture provided to show what i mean:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

(i just gotta get the pesky washer and the rest of her tail out of her bum now)
I play World of Warcraft -WAY- too much.
after fifteen -THOUSAND- posts, I now haunt the Arena woodwork  :lol:
http://chibiskittles.tumblr.com/
~I make pretty things with yarn~

Offline Xenotropos

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
  • the blindbag addiction is real
    • View Profile
Re: Baking Loop-De-La question
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2018, 05:07:46 PM »
According to what I was able to dig up, most plastics are fine to bake at temps of 100 degrees Celsius/212 degrees Fahrenheit).  This site has more info on various plastic types and their upper limits: http://education.seattlepi.com/hot-water-melt-plastic-3626.html

Polymer clay will set at temps between 212-265°F if you give it a longer time in the oven.  In fact most companies seem to encourage lower temps for longer times as some colours will turn funny even at the recommended temp on the package (another mystery of this hobby, apparently).

I would take out all electronic bits though before baking as I have no idea what it would do the solder on the boards.

I'd say set the oven at just 212 F or a teeeeeeeny bit lower and give it a longer bake.  You can also bake in installments - baking it part way, let it cool, then bake again if you like.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal