collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Dolly Hair Match Help Needed  (Read 432 times)

Offline KottonKandy

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
Dolly Hair Match Help Needed
« on: January 26, 2018, 12:09:21 PM »
Wasn't sure if this would be better in the corral or customs, so feel free to move if need be.
I'm finally going to restore a couple of girls I've had on the backburner for a while and my first step is re-hairing them. One of them is G1 Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pretty Belle. I'm getting confused on finding a match for her though. When I look at my personal Pretty Belle, her hair seems a just a bit lighter than AppleJack's hair which would be Dolly Hair's Golden Delicious. But I'm not sure if her hair IS a different  color a little lighter than AppleJack's, or if her hair is just faded because she's in pretty sad shape.
So I tried Googling it and I came across a blog where they say that Pretty Belle's hair color is a match for Dolly Hair's Mango Tango. But when I look at it on the Dolly Hair site, it looks wayyy too dark/orangey to be a match. DH says Mango Tango is a match for Crumpet, but I don't own a Crumpet to compare her to.
I'm just confused now about what to order and was wondering if anyone could possibly assist me?

Offline WingsOfMasquerade

• Trade Count: (+230)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Dolly Hair Match Help Needed
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2018, 01:32:05 PM »
Is it Dollyhair "Butterfly"?
This one is named for Dancing Butterflies hair (I think) I discovered it as it also goes to the green Glow n Show who has yellow stripes, but they are not AJ Yellow=Golden Delicious yellow. I think this Butterfly Yellow is a tad lighter than the Golden Delicious. It may be what you need, if others agree.

Mango Tango is darker.
I don't have Crumpet either, which is a problem with this one. It def. has more orange in it. I would say this is not it for Pretty Belle. (At least, not mine for certain)

If you can hold yours up to the green Glowshow, or Dancing Butterflies & see if it's close/similar/looks like it could have been before it faded, it could be a key.
Sorry to not have 100% confirmation here but if others can say too, it's a start.

Offline KottonKandy

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2018, 09:13:01 PM »
Thanks for the reply. I do own Dancing Butterflies, but her hair seems a lot more vivid, if that makes any sense. Pretty Belle's seems pale. I'm hoping if I can ever get her dumb head off, I can see if the parts of her hair that have never touched the light are any different than what I'm already looking at. But she's a fairly stiff pony, so it's been a struggle trying to pull and cut the glue.  >_<
But in the meantime, I'd love to hear more suggestions!

Offline KottonKandy

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2018, 10:41:53 AM »
I finally got her head off and ya, her hair is super faded. The bit of tail that's been inside of her is even darker than AppleJack's hair, so maybe it IS Mango Tango.
I feel like this is a good excuse for me to buy a Crumpet so I can match it up!  XD

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal