collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Rehairing Question  (Read 592 times)

Offline poniesthatsparkle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • TAF Enthusiast
    • View Profile
Rehairing Question
« on: January 26, 2018, 10:20:34 AM »
My Up Up And Away has always had the worst hair ever. It's faded, dry, and unbelievable frizzy even after many attempts to straighten it. I've decided the best choice would be to rehair her since nothing I've done has even put a dent in the dry frizziness.

I ordered a hank of Pussycat hair from DollyHair.com, and I have the supplies I need to give her her new hair, but I've heard that DollyHair hanks are on the smaller side and I'm worried I won't have enough hair. I'm doing both her mane and tail and would hate to run out of hair before I can finish her.

So are DollyHair hanks really on the small side, or will I have enough? This is my first full rehair.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline LadyPinwheel

• Pink Punk Unicorn
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • My reality is just different than yours
    • View Profile
    • LadyPinwheel's Pony Realm
Re: Rehairing Question
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2018, 10:42:35 AM »
Yes, I'm sure you'll have more than enough. UUAA doesn't have very long hair, so if you keep it close to the original, I think you won't have much problem. ^^

Offline KottonKandy

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2018, 11:30:43 AM »
You should be fine with one. I did this little lady with just one hank and left it pretty long.
Spoiler

Offline poniesthatsparkle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • TAF Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2018, 11:46:32 AM »
Thanks so much, you two!

Should I cut the hair to the length I want before or after rehairing her? I'm planning on having the hair be the original length, about three inches for the mane and six inches for the tail.

Offline KottonKandy

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2018, 12:02:04 PM »
Personally, I generally cut off hair about an inch longer than what I need, then do the final cut after I'm done re-rooting, that way I'm sure it'll all be a uniform length. I feel like I'm just not skilled enough to be able to pre-cut the exact length I need before rooting it lol. That may just be me though

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2018, 12:58:09 PM »
I cut each plug in half, and then in half again.  That leaves plenty of room for me to trim it to the correct length after I'm done.  It should wrap under her face and come up on her cheek on the other side, and for her tail it should be long enough to go between her legs to just about her neck seam.  You can play around with the lengths, as they can vary by a  centimeter or so. 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal