collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Price Check - Seaquestria Castle  (Read 519 times)

Offline mopthebunny

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Oooh, who lives in a pineapple under the sea?
    • View Profile
Price Check - Seaquestria Castle
« on: January 26, 2018, 09:19:50 AM »
Hello!

I bought the Seaquestria Castle (you know, the big one for the movie) just so I could have the figures. Now I'm looking to sell the castle and all its accessories, but I don't know how much to ask for it :/  I'm going to list it on eBay, so what do you think the buyers on there would go for? If I can sell it at all...?

Thanks in advance!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Signature by LordBlumiere

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
Re: Price Check - Seaquestria Castle
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2018, 11:37:46 AM »
My suggestion would be to wait until it's no longer on clearance. As it's currently available at Walmart right now, buyers are going to opt for getting it brand new with all the ponies for a cheap price.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline mopthebunny

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2018, 01:26:38 PM »
My suggestion would be to wait until it's no longer on clearance. As it's currently available at Walmart right now, buyers are going to opt for getting it brand new with all the ponies for a cheap price.

Eh, I guess so... just have no idea where I'm going to keep it in the meantime! XD

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2018, 05:11:58 PM »
I agree that it's going to be hard to get rid of the castle if you don't want it.  Right now it's being marked as low as $19 at some Walmarts.  I suspect it's the size.  Even when it was marked at half price, parents were probably bypassing it because they don't have anywhere to put it either.  Then you have to take into account shipping.  Shipping would probably cost so much most people would rather just buy it directly from the store even without the clearance prices.

Offline 01mlplover

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2018, 05:25:22 PM »
I would vote to try local swap pages but I’m not sure on the price...

Offline goddessofpeep

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2018, 06:12:08 PM »
Your best bet would be to find someone local if you can(craigslist maybe?), or to hold on to it until you can sell it in person at a ponymeet or the pony fair.  The shipping on that sucker is going to make it *very* hard to unload.  You could also try to unload it at a consignment shop if you have any in the area, put it out at a garage sale, or look for one of those "mom sales" that pop up every now and then.  Basically it's kind of temporary consignment sale for people with kids.  They bring in the stuff that their kids have outgrown, price it how they like, and then people shop the sale.  They're rare, but they're usually only one day to one week long, and they have a large concentration of parents looking for a bargain, so an incomplete playset would be likely to sell.

If you just want it out of the house and you're not set on getting the most for it, I'd sell the accessories here or on ebay, and donate the shell to Goodwill or something.  There are some people who would like the smaller items from the castle, but don't want the whole castle.  Shipping on that castle is going to make it a VERY hard sell online. Not having the pony/ponies included is going to make it even harder.  People buy playsets for the ponies all the time, but something that size that's missing the big collector draw is too hard to store and too expensive to ship for any collector to want it.

No matter how you try to sell it, you're going to have to price it to sell if you want it out of the house.  It's just too big to ship, there's too many MIB ones available right now(and for cheap), and you took out the best part to keep for yourself:/   I'd say if you can get $20 for it, you're doing *incredibly* well.   Even at that price point, I wouldn't expect people to be beating down your door to get it.  $10 might tempt somebody.

I had the same problem with several Butterfly Island playsets.  I am a Costco member, and when Anchor's Away came out, I bought playsets for several people who wanted the pony.  They didn't want the playset though(shipping and space issues).  They paid  my cost for the playset, I sent them the pony, and NOBODY wanted the playset.  I ended up with a stack of the stupid things.  They ended up being donated to Goodwill when I moved.  I just couldn't unload them:/  Shipping man.  Nobody wants to pay that much.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2018, 06:18:17 PM by goddessofpeep »

Offline mopthebunny

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2018, 01:18:09 AM »
Okay, I think I'm getting the idea now XD Thanks everyone!  I think I'll try to sell it cheap on eBay, and if that fails, I do as goddessofpeep suggested and give the castle to charity :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal