collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Commemorating 50 years of pony  (Read 1044 times)

Offline Mana Minori

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Commemorating 50 years of pony
« on: January 25, 2018, 07:46:19 PM »
Right now, the My little pony franchise is 35 (technically 36) years old, so the 50th is quite a ways off. But such a milestone for any brand is MASSIVE, and should be commemorated apropriately. So let's talk about the possibilities anyway. Judging by the insane success of both g1 and g4 Friendship is Magic, MLP's franchise is going to continue to stay around long, long after FiM dies off, and Hasbro bank on the past generations success for the future made generations. My little pony ain't going nowhere, that's for sure.

Pokemon's franchise has been going all out with all these games, generation callbacks, marketing, etc. For just their 20th anniversary. Personally, I would love to see more of this done by Hasbro for their 50th anniversary.  Perhaps their own gaming console and pony games (Equestria VR?) for it (along with virtual games for their other titles of their play/boardgames)

I have hope that Hasbro is sensible enough to go big or go home, take a page from Pokemon/Yugioh, make both an "My little pony origins" series or movie that mixes ponies from every generation, for fans of every generation. An "originals" toyline that allows us to have first gen ponies in molded plastic, high quality. A "Time Capsule Treasure" line of toys that works like the mega box- but instead of packs of trading cards and a potentially random figure, you'd get a random pony from each generation of MLP. Hopefully by the time mlp turns 50, Hasbro will have bought the rights to "Them's fighting herds", and give all mlp fans a game with a few of every pony from past generations in a fighting multiplayer game. Blindbags of each generation, Funko's, etc.

Also, the 50th would be a great time to colab with other companies and do more crossovers. Mlp meets Hello Kitty/Sanrio, MLP meets Care Bears, mlp meets Cardcaptor Sakura...the possibilities are endless.

I wonder how massive 2032 will be, once the MLP franchise's 50th anniversary rolls around. What do you guys think Hasbro will do for their My Little Pony franchise's 50th birthday?
« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 08:58:49 PM by nightmare muffin »
formerly nightmare muffin

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
Re: Commemorating 50 years of pony
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2018, 07:57:56 PM »
I hope they do a MLP computer RPG someday.  Like a classic adventure RPG, but with ponies. :P
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Khoufu

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Waterfire is best pony. \\//,
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2018, 08:25:17 PM »
I will want to see a giant crossover of huge popular fandoms that are all 50 years old. For pup culture, that's a huge milestone.

Also, an awes movie and GOOD video game would be awesome.
:enraged:   PM for a link to my Retro MLP group on Telegram!   
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2018, 08:51:42 PM »
A movie and video game would be wonderful. Perhaps they could make an extra special variant of my pretty pony, similar to how Pokémon had those shiny legendary give aways. And by that point, the fim trading cards will be old news too. Perhaps a release to commemorate it featuring art from past generations and the current one at that time. What year is this going to be...hold on. Crunching numbers... 2033, providing my math is correct.  Mark your calendars now guys!
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2018, 12:55:05 AM »
I'm not hugely fussed about the animation for any of the generations so I would rather see something tangible in the toyline department. I've thought about this as well, because 25 years is logical, 35 years a bit strange...50 years? Good question indeed.

I would hope they'd do something that would commemorate all generations of MLP. We don't know if by the 50th MLP will still be in stores. But it isn't really commemorating 50 years of a brand if all they do is G1 or versions of any more recent generation. All fans of all generations need something from it.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2018, 07:07:32 AM »
Give me all the video games that don't require money! Especially an RPG! :biggrin:

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2018, 07:45:29 AM »
I wonder if there will be "generations" of MLP by the time their 50th anniversary comes around.  We are used to having fairly long stretches where the MLP body molds (and associated media) stay the same, but Hasbro may switch to something closer to Transformers, where the line changes dramatically every three years instead.  I feel like the Gx naming of generations will get too confusing if we get to the point where we're at "G9" or "G13".

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2018, 01:24:35 PM »
I think it'd be nice to have something unapologetically gaudy for the 50th anniversary, like the shimmery 35th anniversary Care Bear plush, perhaps a special set of shiny/pearly/glittery ponies with special accessories and ornate symbols.
An MLP RPG would be great! I think the franchise would lend itself well to puzzle games as well, like a Bust-a-Move kind of thing where you could choose a pony to sit at the bubble cannon and play puzzles with aesthetics drawn from every generation. That doesn't necessarily need to be an anniversary thing though... I would just really love Bust-a-Move with ponies. :D

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2018, 05:07:42 PM »
How about statuettes of ponies in a style from each gen but made entirely of crystal?  :D

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2018, 05:09:47 PM »
I want a horrific chimera with different legs / heads from each generation.

And a brushable tail! :P

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2018, 07:58:34 PM »

How about statuettes of ponies in a style from each gen but made entirely of crystal?  :D
I agree with the statuettes and chimera pony!
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline Mana Minori

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2018, 08:14:39 PM »

I think you could much sooner make a custom than Hasbro ever doing it.
formerly nightmare muffin

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal