collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: MLP Movie: Cuts, Secrets, Missing Characters & More! Be a Detective?  (Read 1500 times)

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
Re: MLP Movie: Cuts, Secrets, Missing Characters & More! Be a Detective?
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2018, 12:22:33 PM »
Probably a big reason so much was left out was just the time factor.  It was already sitting at 1 hour 44 minutes, which is really long for a kids movie.  However . . . I do wish they'd animated a bunch more anyway, and released it as extras on the DVD.  One can dream . . . :P
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline kestral_kitsune

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • "We're all Mad here."
    • View Profile
    • my deviantart
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2018, 05:28:54 PM »
I don't count making a noise as a line. Fluttershy was a very passive character in this, and could have been cut from the movie and the exact same result would have come out. Rarely did her lines have any effect on the story (aside from the storm creature), and this is part of the reason that people consider her to have nowhere near plenty. It's partially that, and partially that in comparison to nearly every other main pony in the movie, she gets hardly any lines.
I think part of the fluttershy issue is I was having a hard time distinguishing Flutter's voice from Rainbow's since its that same voice actress. I don't know why but it seemed like there were times where she was mixing up who she was supposed to be voicing? part of Rainbow's song I could have sworn fluttershy was singing it if I wasn't looking at who was on screen.
Slight correction: Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie share the same VA, Rainbow shares hers with Applejack.

aahh XD i mixed up my VA's XD oops  thank you for the correction
art page
Kestral ref!!   want list
designs for sale and commission information
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

thanks to SDS for my sig

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2018, 05:57:09 PM »
Yeah, in various episodes we've seen that Fluttershy sometimes freezes up when she's scared and can't fly.  I believe the first time we see this is the episode where the gang have to confront a red dragon whose breath is polluting Ponyville.  That didn't bother me.  However, I do feel like it was a missed opportunity not to have her cooing over the 'scary' caged creatures in Klugetown, maybe having a scene where Capper gains her trust by letting them go.  That would have been cute.

It would have been even better had Fluttershy tried to free them from the cages and that was what brought attention to them at the town.  Then those animals could have shown up at the end to help fight the Storm King.

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2018, 01:28:44 AM »
Yeah, in various episodes we've seen that Fluttershy sometimes freezes up when she's scared and can't fly.  I believe the first time we see this is the episode where the gang have to confront a red dragon whose breath is polluting Ponyville.  That didn't bother me.  However, I do feel like it was a missed opportunity not to have her cooing over the 'scary' caged creatures in Klugetown, maybe having a scene where Capper gains her trust by letting them go.  That would have been cute.

I really like Capper but I wish there had been more of a buildup with him having to regain the ponies trust after trying to sell them to Verko.  The auidence realizes he's changed when he tells Tempest the wrong direction but until he show ups and says something about "inspiring others to join their cause" the ponies don't know that he's on their side.

I would have also liked to see a flashback of Tempest stealing the pearl to show more of Queen Novo's distrust of ponies and her justified anger when Twilight tries to steal the pearl (Fun Fact: in the Junior novelization of the movie it makes the point that in Twilight's mind she was just "borrowing" the pearl)

I like the idea of the sea pony prison mentioned in the Art of the Movie book. I think I might have seen a production cell from that part of book as I remmeber something about the ponies being locked in something but that scene didn't appear in the final film and whatever they were locked in was different from the cages we see the ponies in in the film.

I didn't see the Mane 6 as just waiting to be captured when they were on the pirate ship. Everyone except Twilight trusts that the bird pirates will protect them but Twilight has good reason to doubt that they will espeically after what just happened with Capper.

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2018, 09:03:26 AM »
I wonder if the 'sea pony prison' correlated with that stand alone pod thingy that came with the Seaquestria Castle playset.  If so, I believe it's the first MLP toy to include a dungeon.  :P
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal