Pony Talk > Off Topic

Silly oversharing (?) post...

(1/5) > >>

Icey:
This morning I had a terrible dentist appointment. Went in for a cleaning and they found more caries (been having dental issues since I had kids), one of which is under a crown and insurance is NOT going to cover it. Suffice to say I was not in the best mood when I got home.

As I unlocked the door and ushered the kids in the house the mailman pulls up and hands me a package. I am an Amazon addict, so I do not think much about it. Came inside and opened it to find two mint condition She-Ra figures I just won on Ebay.

Instant happiness! Forget the crappy teeth, I now have a Netossa for the first time in my life and she has never been played with. Gotta get my crown torn out? Who cares, I have a beautiful Flutterina with working wings. Both 100% complete.

Money cannot buy happiness, right? It can buy toys and toys can definitely bring you joy! Wonky teeth be danged :) Happy Thursday, everyone <3 I hope yours started out better than mine did ;)

Loa:
I had a dentist appointment this week too! Glad your day got better.

northstar3184:
Must be dental week for everyone. I had a dentist appointment this afternoon as well: No cavities, just chronic grinding and I need to floss more. With the grinding, my dentist said I'd benefit from a mouth guard molded to fit my mouth. He said that unfortunately though, my insurance won't cover it and it runs a few hundred dollars. He does take Care Credit though, so that's a thought.

Icey, I'm not sure if you're in the U.S., but if you are I'd check to see if maybe your dentist takes Care Credit.

Icey:
Thanks for the tip, North Star. Unfortunately I had a feeling this year would be a big dental year (AGAIN, just have $4000 worth of work done three years ago), so I put $1000 on my medical spending debit. Sadly that will pretty much exhaust it depending on what needs to be done. Since this crown barely made it three years and since my teeth seem to be so freaking terrible I am thinking of doing a ceramic implant instead. I had all of my amalgam fillings removed using the safe protocol a few years back. I do not want any more metal in my body, especially since I already have a plate and screws in my leg.

Icey:
Oh and I grind too and need a guard. I grind so bad I woke up with pain in my mouth, a loud cracking noise and blood the other night :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version