collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Silly oversharing (?) post...  (Read 1266 times)

Offline Icey

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Retro Plastic on Etsy
Silly oversharing (?) post...
« on: January 25, 2018, 08:44:23 AM »
This morning I had a terrible dentist appointment. Went in for a cleaning and they found more caries (been having dental issues since I had kids), one of which is under a crown and insurance is NOT going to cover it. Suffice to say I was not in the best mood when I got home.

As I unlocked the door and ushered the kids in the house the mailman pulls up and hands me a package. I am an Amazon addict, so I do not think much about it. Came inside and opened it to find two mint condition She-Ra figures I just won on Ebay.

Instant happiness! Forget the crappy teeth, I now have a Netossa for the first time in my life and she has never been played with. Gotta get my crown torn out? Who cares, I have a beautiful Flutterina with working wings. Both 100% complete.

Money cannot buy happiness, right? It can buy toys and toys can definitely bring you joy! Wonky teeth be danged :) Happy Thursday, everyone <3 I hope yours started out better than mine did ;)

Online Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
Re: Silly oversharing (?) post...
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2018, 03:05:11 PM »
I had a dentist appointment this week too! Glad your day got better.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2018, 06:03:47 PM »
Must be dental week for everyone. I had a dentist appointment this afternoon as well: No cavities, just chronic grinding and I need to floss more. With the grinding, my dentist said I'd benefit from a mouth guard molded to fit my mouth. He said that unfortunately though, my insurance won't cover it and it runs a few hundred dollars. He does take Care Credit though, so that's a thought.

Icey, I'm not sure if you're in the U.S., but if you are I'd check to see if maybe your dentist takes Care Credit.

Offline Icey

• Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Retro Plastic on Etsy
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2018, 06:33:46 AM »
Thanks for the tip, North Star. Unfortunately I had a feeling this year would be a big dental year (AGAIN, just have $4000 worth of work done three years ago), so I put $1000 on my medical spending debit. Sadly that will pretty much exhaust it depending on what needs to be done. Since this crown barely made it three years and since my teeth seem to be so freaking terrible I am thinking of doing a ceramic implant instead. I had all of my amalgam fillings removed using the safe protocol a few years back. I do not want any more metal in my body, especially since I already have a plate and screws in my leg.

Offline Icey

• Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Retro Plastic on Etsy
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2018, 06:34:25 AM »
Oh and I grind too and need a guard. I grind so bad I woke up with pain in my mouth, a loud cracking noise and blood the other night :(

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2018, 05:52:23 PM »
Oh and I grind too and need a guard. I grind so bad I woke up with pain in my mouth, a loud cracking noise and blood the other night :(

Ouch! That's definitely not good.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2018, 02:23:55 AM »
..I genuinely empathise with the dental problems thing. I have a lot of those, thanks to soft enamel caused by a combination of bad genetics and too much fruit juice as a kid. My new dentist is just dying to rip out my two remaining wisdom teeth, too, as he categorically says they're in my way and going to cause me problems. I know he's right, but I'm in London most of the time and he's back home, so that isn't going to happen any time soon...

It also boggles my mind how expensive dental treatment can be. We're sort of lucky at present at least in the UK if we have NHS dental care. We still pay, but it's a lot less than the amount you're quoting :/ I can't remember what it costs for a crown, but a round of treatment including related fillings and root canals probably costs around $65 max at the moment. I still resent that cost so I have no idea how you deal with $1000s.

I also agree that toys can help. I've had a lot of stuff dumped on me since last autumn with one thing or another, but somehow new toys can put things in perspective. (And congrats on Netossa and Flutterina - they're two of my favourite SheRa figures and two of the three or so I kept when I sold my collection. My Netossa is a bit battered but loved and I couldn't part with her. It's nice to have something special to brighten up a bad day.)

I also had the opposite - went into town, found some good pony stuff, then came home to a 170 page deposition relating to my ongoing issues with disability support. So sometimes post can utterly ruin your day, not just save it. :/
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2018, 02:53:43 AM »
Oh thats so cool :D lol who cares for teeth when you have your dreams dolls now <3  Im happy for you :) *hugs* Good luck for the crown thing too, too bad that your tooth got infected under it. :/ *hugs*

And I agree, must have been a dental week for many people :/ Had appointments too, no cavities but more pain causes from my trigeminus neuralgia. I hate going to the dentist, I just hate it.

Must be dental week for everyone. I had a dentist appointment this afternoon as well: No cavities, just chronic grinding and I need to floss more. With the grinding, my dentist said I'd benefit from a mouth guard molded to fit my mouth. He said that unfortunately though, my insurance won't cover it and it runs a few hundred dollars.

Oh my gosh :( Im a grinder (plus doping severe pressing) too, its such a bad habit. Im so sorry for you that your insurance wont cover it. :(
We´re lucky that we have a dental insurance, it wont cover everything (still have to pay up to 1000,- for a crown) but it covered my mouth guard. I feel really sorry for you that yours does not but : you will REALLY benefit from it and you should totally do it ! That stupid plastic thing is the only thing that keeps me sane these days.
Id say go for it even if it costs you lots of money. It will protect your teeth !!

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2018, 07:15:47 AM »
I have a mouth guard.  Got root canal treatment plus crown and another straightforward filling above in the next 3 months.  I have been lucky before so all this is a bit of a shock!  Congrats on your dolls.  I will find nice ponies to play with and that will improve my day too :)
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2018, 11:59:04 AM »
I've got a dental appointment tomorrow.

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2018, 07:33:52 PM »
I need to make an appointment. I can feel a crack in my tooth.   :|

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Offline Icey

• Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Retro Plastic on Etsy
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2018, 11:30:54 AM »
Ouch! I hope you get it checked out soon. Yeah I go in two weeks and I am not looking forward to it. I have not been feeling well for weeks. Doc says it is a pulled muscle in my back, but it is presenting as chest pain. I feel like I cannot breathe at times. Even went to urgent care hoping they would do an x-ray. No dice, he claimed muscle pull too. Meanwhile it feels like my chest is caving in, but not all day. Just at certain times of the day :(

Offline Icey

• Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Retro Plastic on Etsy
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2018, 09:15:47 AM »
Ladies, Oh lawd can I please just tell you about this weekend? So a few months ago (August) I had a dentist, other than my own holistic dentist, fix a cavity. He destroyed the tooth by drilling too deep and ruining the root. My dentist tried to help save it, but it has been basically dying. It has been giving me heck since August, but we were hoping it would not have to be pulled.

Well Friday it went into melt down. I have given birth to children naturally and I am sure this could almost rival that pain. Maybe it was bad because it is in my face. All I know is I thought the tooth was trying to kill me. By Sunday evening at dinner time it was so excruciating and nothing was touching it. Not Motrin, not over the counter numbing agents, not clove oil...NOTHING. I sat up all night Sunday and kept water in my mouth at all times because it was the only thing that would sort of dull the pain.

Yesterday I went in for an emergency appointment and doc says he cannot save it. He pulled it. I was almost in tears when he put the swab with the initial numbing agent in my mouth. It did nothing and it was actually exacerbating the pain. Now I am pain free and missing a tooth. I will figure out what to do with the gap later, but dang dude tooth pain is nothing to make fun of. It was UNREAL!

My crown replacement has been put on hold until this heals. Thankfully it was a tooth toward the back so you really cannot see it (pre-molar on the upper left side).

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2018, 04:11:16 PM »
*raises hand*

Broke tooth Friday.
Filled it today.
Had to take out old filling and basically tooth is now more filling than tooth I think.

Sigh.

At least it's on the NHS. Still £56 but better than thousands.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Icey

• Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Retro Plastic on Etsy
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2018, 01:06:49 PM »
Yes and at least you got to save it, huzzah! I started having tooth issues a few years ago. It is kind of health related. Man, I miss when I had no issues :(

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal