collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Toys R Us closures incoming  (Read 23267 times)

Offline Shatyr

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Toys R Us closures incoming
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2018, 05:44:11 PM »
I'm surprised at the one in Colorado closing. It's a new store built only about 5 years ago moved from down the road to be an anchor for that shopping center.

They're keeping the one by Park Meadows and the Babies R Us out by Southlands. I wonder if the Mississippi one didn't manage to pull in enough for the shopping center compared to the proximity-mall locations?

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2018, 06:00:37 PM »
I'm so relieved the two in my state aren't closing. But I'm shocked the one in my hometown back in California is staying open.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline SpaceButtPonies

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • 6v9
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2018, 06:33:53 PM »
I'm glad the one in my town is staying open because my boyfriend works there. When I heard about it ths morning I had a huge sigh of relief.
But still that's almost 200 stores closing, I feel bad for all the people who are loosing their jobs. I know that feeling cause that's happening to me right now where I work at Macy's. :/

Siggy made by tailrustedtealeaf

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2018, 06:42:26 PM »
I held my breath as I scrolled down...looks like none of the TRUs in my area are closing. I can't decide if I should be happy they'll still be within driving distance, or sad that I'm not gonna score those sweet, sweet clearance deals. :drunk:
It was probably wise of them to wait until after the fourth quarter wrapped up. Perhaps Christmas sales ended up more than covering operating costs for the past few months.

When I was looking at the ones in NY, I noticed there was a PA one mixed in: the one in Williamsport, PA is closing. So I don't know if you caught it or what part of PA you're in, but that was an error I noticed in the list.
Oo, I'm actually not in that area but interesting. Thank you for the heads up, anyway!

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2018, 06:51:35 PM »
I checked the list. Fortunately ours is safe.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2018, 06:52:21 PM »
I'm surprised that my Toys R US/Babies R Us isn't on the list. The store is older and they have toys from years ago still on the shelf. They only got rid of the early G4 toys (wedding CMCs and pink Celestia toys) a couple of weeks after the MLP movie toys came out. 

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Mana Minori

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2018, 07:26:49 PM »
I am pretty bummed by this, but saw it coming. Unfortunately,  two of the stores I go  tomon occasion, are closing.  I know of two more that are safe, so that's good, I suppose. Definitely going to go and get my pony on during their closing sale
formerly nightmare muffin

Offline poniesthatsparkle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • TAF Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2018, 07:45:10 PM »
The one in my area isn't closing, thank goodness! I'm still sad that so many locations are closing. I can't imagine losing the one near me.

Offline PrincessTiffy

• Trade Count: (+233)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2018, 08:37:33 PM »
The one of two stores that are closeing in my area one is in a really popular area so that doesn't make sense to me. The other one is the store both me and my husband grew up with :(
So sad. I figured it would be one of them though, the area has been going down hill in the last couple of years. The other one I thought that might get hit, in a worse area is staying though. At least the one closest to us is staying. I think my son would cry if that one was closing as well. Me and the hubby are going to have a big last hurrah at our childhood store :)

Offline Delphian

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Depends Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2018, 09:52:01 PM »
Aw, they're closing the one I like to go to. The only other one that'll be even remotely close enough to visit is in a terrible area. By terrible, I mean it's right off a major highway with traffic so bad I usually go out of my way to avoid it. Well at least that'll help keep impulse spending down? :lol:

Offline Icey

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Retro Plastic on Etsy
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2018, 08:46:08 AM »
Oh no, the one I always shop at is closing!!! :( I find that strange because it is usually swamped whenever I go in there. We have several in our area though.

Offline Khoufu

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Waterfire is best pony. \\//,
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2018, 06:46:35 PM »
It's a blessing and a curse that my local TRU just moved into a bigger building, so they are probably fine for now.
:enraged:   PM for a link to my Retro MLP group on Telegram!   

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2018, 11:56:57 PM »
I'm surprised at the one in Colorado closing. It's a new store built only about 5 years ago moved from down the road to be an anchor for that shopping center.

They're keeping the one by Park Meadows and the Babies R Us out by Southlands. I wonder if the Mississippi one didn't manage to pull in enough for the shopping center compared to the proximity-mall locations?
I only went to the park meadows one a couple times but it wasn't very busy at all compared to havana. I almost wonder it they are favoring keeping older locations, but you are probably right about mall proximity.

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2018, 06:52:38 AM »
I almost wonder it they are favoring keeping older locations, but you are probably right about mall proximity.
It's probably that older locations are closer to malls, just a coincidence.
But of course, there is the possibility of "older locations tend to be more profitable because people are used to a store being there and they've relied on going to this store for many years" versus "new locations tend to be hard to spread awareness of without doing mail campaigns or other advertising which can be costly", but it's just more likely to be just mall proximity.  :awake:

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Khoufu

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Waterfire is best pony. \\//,
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2018, 07:55:26 AM »
That's funny cuz the one near me moved a few months ago from down the street from a mall, to a block away, which just puts it on the other side of the freeway, so it's still really close to the mall.
:enraged:   PM for a link to my Retro MLP group on Telegram!   

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal