Pony Talk > Off Topic

Toys R Us closures incoming

(1/38) > >>

Bekuno:
As part of their reorganization plan following chapter 11 bankruptcy, Toys R Us has announced they will be closing 182 stores across the US. Going out of business sales will start in February and end in April.

While it's a shame, it's not surprising. Toys R Us stores and outlets have been declining for some time and their product prices tend to be quite inflated. Maybe if you're near one of the closing stores you can get some good deals!

List of closures here:
https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2018/01/24/see-if-your-toys-r-us-store-closure-list/1060761001/

EDIT:

Toys R Us is dead.

Wall Street Journal has confirmed they will be closing almost all, if not all, of its stores in the US and UK.

tailrustedtealeaf:
I held my breath as I scrolled down...looks like none of the TRUs in my area are closing. I can't decide if I should be happy they'll still be within driving distance, or sad that I'm not gonna score those sweet, sweet clearance deals. :drunk:
It was probably wise of them to wait until after the fourth quarter wrapped up. Perhaps Christmas sales ended up more than covering operating costs for the past few months.

nessa16:
Yay! Our only one in my state (I think) isn't closing!

Skeen:
Mine isn't closing.  I bet I could get my favorite aunty to go clearance shop her store for me though...

lovesbabysquirmy:
At least I hope that people are able to get some great deals!  :D 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version