collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Edgar the Elephant hair match and Dollyhair question  (Read 563 times)

Offline PrinceCatling

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Drink 'n' Wet Pony
    • View Profile
    • CatlingDoll Instagram
Edgar the Elephant hair match and Dollyhair question
« on: January 21, 2018, 08:53:00 PM »
I bought an Edgar the Elephant from my local flea market a while ago, but he was missing a tail so I bought some new hair from Dollyhair using the color recommendation from this site, but when it actually came, it turns out the color was a bit off (though the site did have it marked as an unconfirmed color match)

I did send an email and photo to the person running the site to let them know, but I was wondering if anyone here might have a better idea of a color match than me? I have a photo of Edgar held up against a hank that I bought (in Lemonade)

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

As you can see, Edgar is definitely darker and more goldish/blondish than Lemonade which is pale yellow

Also, would anyone happen to know if Dollyhair does returns or exchanges? I don't really see anything about that on the site and I bought two hanks in Lemonade because I've read a bit of Dollyhair hanks being on the small side, plus Edgar has a bit of a bald spot that I want to fix. If not, I suppose I'll save Lemonade for another pony or a custom or something and Edgar will have to wait since I just started college again and books cost a lot this semester  :cloud: I'm really new at restoring and Edgar's plastic is pretty thick and hard and I wasn't as careful as I could've been apparently, so, unfortunately, his neck got a little messed up when I took off his head to get rid of the remaining tail pieces left inside him and because of that, he definitely has to a permanent part of my collection now. It's not a huge deal if his hair and tail don't match 100%, but having a color difference this big would bug me forever

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Edgar the Elephant hair match and Dollyhair question
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2018, 02:54:52 AM »
The closest matches I could see to my own collection are Applejack / Baby Applejack / Baby Crumpet, but Edgar's hair (at least on mine) is just a touch more brown and paler than any of them.  It could be due to age / exposure, I don't have other Edgars to compare mine to.  That'd be Golden Delicious according to Dollyhair - close but not an exact match.  It's definitely not Mango Tango (Crumpet's hair colour) which is much darker.  Golden Sun is a potential contender, but I wouldn't buy it based on a screenshot.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 03:00:06 AM by Baby Sugarberry »
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Edgar the Elephant hair match and Dollyhair question
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2018, 12:18:42 PM »
I believe it's Golden Delicious. 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal