collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: G4 Neck removal  (Read 609 times)

Offline princess

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
G4 Neck removal
« on: April 02, 2018, 02:03:11 PM »
I need someone to remove a g4 neck plug for me.  I will buy the pony and have it mailed to you,

Please if anyone would be interested in doing this let me know.  I have tried to remove the neck myself and ended up cutting myself so I think that's a hopeless cause.  But I really need to make a custom of a pink unicorn

If it matters its the raised hoof Starlight Glimmer

edit: forgot to mention I am willing to pay for this service just let me know how much
« Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 02:34:31 PM by princess »

Online Griffin

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
Re: G4 Neck removal
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2018, 01:15:43 PM »
Bumping this for you :)

Have you tried softening the glue with hot water and simply pulling the plug out with pliers? I haven't prepped too many G4 so I don't remember exactly how tight the plugs are, it may not work. A flatheaded screwdriver is my preferred tool for head removals (all gens), but you might need a really small one for G4. Good luck!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

Offline aintnobuffalo

• Lord Commander of the Minty Army
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • ♪Let the voice of love take you higher♪
    • View Profile
Re: G4 Neck removal
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2018, 03:33:10 PM »
Those G4 necks are tricky! Very hot water and using a screwdriver is the preferred method.  If this doesn't work, use a xacto knife to slowly cut into the grove between the plug and neck, going around in a circle a few millimeters deep at a time. If you do cut it, don't panic! The thin plastic glues easily back together; I prefer using superglue for that.

I could help you out, but once you get the confidence and practice, you'll find it easy to do in the future. Let me know if you try again but decide it's not for you.

I have a tutorial posted in the stickied thread that includes some pictures of an xacto knife cutting into a G4 neck. Maybe that couldhelp?

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1P9rCPSUpN94RAHTDDRV6RHkwJ7QCCzdnriznNiHScno/edit?usp=drivesdk
« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 03:40:42 PM by aintnobuffalo »
Sig by Corona
Wish List

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal