collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pony Fair 2018, Orlando, FL - Official Updates & Announcements  (Read 10453 times)

Offline Foxtale

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
Re: Pony Fair 2018, Orlando, FL - Official Updates & Announcements
« Reply #90 on: May 16, 2018, 08:41:40 PM »

Usually we send an email through Eventbrite to everyone who purchased vendor space sometime a week or so before the Fair. At this point it looks like set up will start at 6:30pm on Friday.

Thank you! Fair is so close! So exciting :D
~Foxtale~

Offline Stellaluna

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • the ancient ones called it Celebrate!2003 RPG...
    • My Pony Art
« Reply #91 on: May 18, 2018, 11:09:16 AM »
I just bought my ticket! My friend I'm going with rarely prereg's for anything and prefers paying at the door. She wants the fair pony though. Do you think the fair pony will still be available to at-the-door ticket buyers? If not, I will tell her that she needs to order online now.

So excited !!
~Stellaluna, Tippy, Tracey, Gezibing, whatever you wanna call me!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Selling G1, G2, G3 G4 & More!

Offline Ephany

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Scribbles Pony
« Reply #92 on: May 18, 2018, 02:31:58 PM »
Are vendors allowed shelves behind the tables? I'm trying to figure out what's the best way to display besides the table within the allotted space. :)

Offline MoonStars

• Trade Count: (+105)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
« Reply #93 on: May 19, 2018, 03:52:06 AM »
Are vendors allowed shelves behind the tables? I'm trying to figure out what's the best way to display besides the table within the allotted space. :)

Even if they do—and perhaps KKV will chime in to confirm or say nay—there isn’t enough room for shelves behind the tables, unless you’re backed up to a wall (rather than a mid-room aisle space where vendors are back to back with each other). Even then (against a wall) it would make things super tight. Many vendors make vertical space with shelves that sit on top of the table, though. :)

Offline kitkatvintage

• Trade Count: (+352)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • KitKatVintage - My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #94 on: May 22, 2018, 07:04:22 PM »
I just bought my ticket! My friend I'm going with rarely prereg's for anything and prefers paying at the door. She wants the fair pony though. Do you think the fair pony will still be available to at-the-door ticket buyers? If not, I will tell her that she needs to order online now.

So excited !!

Tickets purchased at the door will include the exclusive pony, but be advised tickets purchased at the door during the event will be priced higher than pre-registration tickets. To get the best deal, we advise purchasing tickets online through Eventbrite. ;)

We will also have extra Fair ponies available for purchase at the Fair Merch Table if anyone wants to buy extras.

Post Merge: May 22, 2018, 07:10:23 PM

Lots of vendors will increase their space by using cardboard risers or shelves that can be stacked on top of their tables. Maybe some previous vendors can offer advise on what has worked best for them in the past. :)

Unfortunately we have found that the floor plans provided by certain past venues have not always shown an accurate scale with table spacing. We can't guarantee that there will be space available behind or beside tables for additional shelves or racks because of this. I hope this is helpful for your planning.

Post Merge: May 22, 2018, 11:36:32 PM

If you purchased a vendor booth & have not filled out the Google Doc, please do so as soon as possible. https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSebT9rncFMSkUUleBJBucNVQOcT7xFggXjoeCwQ7KMuUnzrvw/viewform

If you have purchased a vendor booth through Eventbrite then sold it to another person, or if you purchased a vendor booth from someone other than the Fair’s Eventbrite link, please contact us so we can be sure your info is completely updated in our system.

We are working on finalizing our vendor floor plan this week, so it’s very important to get your information to us as soon as possible. :heart: Thank you for your help with this!
« Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 11:36:32 PM by kitkatvintage »

Offline Stellaluna

• Brush N Grow Pony
    • My Pony Art
« Reply #95 on: May 23, 2018, 03:04:58 AM »

So excited !!

Tickets purchased at the door will include the exclusive pony, but be advised tickets purchased at the door during the event will be priced higher than pre-registration tickets. To get the best deal, we advise purchasing tickets online through Eventbrite. ;)

We will also have extra Fair ponies available for purchase at the Fair Merch Table if anyone wants to buy extras.
Thanks! She bought her ticket online too so now we're both set to go! We can't wait!

Offline Ephany

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Scribbles Pony
« Reply #96 on: May 24, 2018, 01:47:44 PM »

Even if they do—and perhaps KKV will chime in to confirm or say nay—there isn’t enough room for shelves behind the tables, unless you’re backed up to a wall (rather than a mid-room aisle space where vendors are back to back with each other). Even then (against a wall) it would make things super tight. Many vendors make vertical space with shelves that sit on top of the table, though. :)

Thank for the idea. I went to Bed, Bath & Beyond to browse and they had stackable wire cubes that included extra shelves. I'll be able to use them in my closet after the fair, so double win. :)

Offline Foxtale

• Reverse Gusty Pony
« Reply #97 on: May 24, 2018, 09:40:44 PM »
Did anyone ship to the hotel back when the Fair was here a few years ago? How was the experience and do you have any pointers? (I don't want to bring too many carry ons)
~Foxtale~

Offline MLPWhitney

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+147)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
« Reply #98 on: May 24, 2018, 09:52:34 PM »
Did anyone ship to the hotel back when the Fair was here a few years ago? How was the experience and do you have any pointers? (I don't want to bring too many carry ons)

Yes! I have shipped boxes to the fair hotels (though not this particular one!) for the past 5ish years. Typically, you're going to want to contact them first, a day or two before you ship, to let them know to expect the package. They may instruct you to address the package a certain way, and some charged me a small fee. I would highly recommend using UPS, as over the years (for huge packages of pony inventory at least), they are more precise on which day your box will arrive than USPS. I would watch the tracking number like a hawk, and when the box arrives (I always aimed for Tues/Weds of the fair week), I immediately call the hotel to confirm they received and to ask where it will be when I arrive. And they are usually more than accommodating to deliver the box in the morning directly to the sale room.

Hope this helped, Foxtale! :hug:
My :heart: belongs to wacky G1 merchandise!

Offline Foxtale

• Reverse Gusty Pony
« Reply #99 on: May 25, 2018, 06:15:53 PM »

Yes! I have shipped boxes to the fair hotels (though not this particular one!) for the past 5ish years. Typically, you're going to want to contact them first, a day or two before you ship, to let them know to expect the package. They may instruct you to address the package a certain way, and some charged me a small fee. I would highly recommend using UPS, as over the years (for huge packages of pony inventory at least), they are more precise on which day your box will arrive than USPS. I would watch the tracking number like a hawk, and when the box arrives (I always aimed for Tues/Weds of the fair week), I immediately call the hotel to confirm they received and to ask where it will be when I arrive. And they are usually more than accommodating to deliver the box in the morning directly to the sale room.

Hope this helped, Foxtale! :hug:

Thank you!<3

This is an excellent suggestion. I am so nervous about shipping lol. I already have been hoarding bubble wrap from work lol. UPS is the way I was going to go for sure, much more precise tracking than USPS. Thank you!!
~Foxtale~

Offline Stellaluna

• Brush N Grow Pony
    • My Pony Art
« Reply #100 on: May 27, 2018, 03:27:44 PM »
Does anyone know if all the fair enamel pins will be available to buy at the fair?

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Sunny Daze'ing 24/7
    • Tungler
« Reply #101 on: May 29, 2018, 06:24:51 PM »
How much are autographs?

G1 Checklist | Sales
Sig by Sapphire Rain

Offline kitkatvintage

• Trade Count: (+352)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • KitKatVintage - My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #102 on: June 01, 2018, 12:22:48 PM »
Does anyone know if all the fair enamel pins will be available to buy at the fair?
They should all be available to buy at the Fair. If you want to be sure to get a pin, you can always pre-order them for event pick up from the Fair Shop site: https://store1004005.ecwid.com/
None of the pins are sold out yet, but I'm not sure exactly how many of each one is left.

Post Merge: June 01, 2018, 09:03:24 PM

How much are autographs?

I think in the past we have done autograph vouchers for $5, unless the guests had a higher contracted price (this was the case with certain voice actresses). We usually also offer an autograph & photo combo voucher for $10.

100% of those funds go to the special guests. :heart:
« Last Edit: June 01, 2018, 09:03:24 PM by kitkatvintage »

Offline moonsget

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • Moonsget's Meadow
« Reply #103 on: June 05, 2018, 09:30:30 PM »
Query about the "original custom" contest: define "original". It says it can be anything, but does that include fan-art, like a custom of a Marvel character? Or does it mean anything so long as it's entirely from your own head?
~Moonsget/Wolfie
... is a Tart and a deviant ...

Offline drusilla

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Got to love ponies
    • http://www.undead455.com
« Reply #104 on: June 05, 2018, 09:46:32 PM »
just fyi guys there is no wifi in the vendor room...

non usa people let me know how you are going to pay because right now i have no clue except for leaving the vendor hall to pay with paypal and then coming back

im trying to contact my cell provider to see what option is have
« Last Edit: June 05, 2018, 09:48:03 PM by drusilla »