collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: G1 Celestial / Fancy Swirl Ponies Campaign!+Give Away (Pg2) Bridge Direct 35th!  (Read 25163 times)

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Wow I wish I had a colo printer now o.o I hope they recognize the set anyway.

Dont do it...ruuunnn....they are money hungry beasts...and the smaller they are the more evil and more moeny they will consume.

I usually tell people just take it to a local print shop because its cheaper than investing in some crappy desktop printer.

All printers are evil.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
I usually tell people just take it to a local print shop because its cheaper than investing in some crappy desktop printer.

It's true.  Printers are a pain.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Lilja

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
I'll see if I can get a letter sent out as well. For me, one of the most fun prospects of a retro release like this, is getting stuff in G1-style that was never produced, and I would love to see stuff based on old concepts that went unused. I think I might suggest they get in touch with Ruth Bush, who we know have access to a lot of unused artwork and concepts, or other designers from Hasbro who worked on G1.

The Fancy Swirl ponies are probably the most hyped unproduced ponies though, so it makes sense to go for those if they are going to do this kind of thing. And from the artwork it looks like these ponies could have been very pretty and unique. I'd really want them to be as close as possible to what they would have looked like if released back the late '80s/early '90s though. I wish we had a picture of an actual Fancy Swirl pony for reference. That swirly pattern all over their bodies might be difficult to achieve from a production standpoint. That might well be the reason they weren't made in the first place.

Nonetheless, I think it's important to show that there is interest for this type of thing. Even if they aren't able to produce the Fancy Swirls, they can hopefully go for something else that was never released. (first tooth Baby Sundance is probably close to the top on my most wanted list)

Offline Clipper

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+122)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Clipper
    • View Profile
    • Clipper's Sail
I'm good friends with Ruth, so we already have a plan for stuff after this sets campaign. We are planing to approach with her prototype stuff and if they want it, it will be exclusively sold through our webstore. I sell a lot of her concept art and she is involved with our hqg1c project.

I am so on board with you about the first tooth baby Sundance!! And those little friend dolls would be awesome!
I'll see if I can get a letter sent out as well. For me, one of the most fun prospects of a retro release like this, is getting stuff in G1-style that was never produced, and I would love to see stuff based on old concepts that went unused. I think I might suggest they get in touch with Ruth Bush, who we know have access to a lot of unused artwork and concepts, or other designers from Hasbro who worked on G1.

The Fancy Swirl ponies are probably the most hyped unproduced ponies though, so it makes sense to go for those if they are going to do this kind of thing. And from the artwork it looks like these ponies could have been very pretty and unique. I'd really want them to be as close as possible to what they would have looked like if released back the late '80s/early '90s though. I wish we had a picture of an actual Fancy Swirl pony for reference. That swirly pattern all over their bodies might be difficult to achieve from a production standpoint. That might well be the reason they weren't made in the first place.

Nonetheless, I think it's important to show that there is interest for this type of thing. Even if they aren't able to produce the Fancy Swirls, they can hopefully go for something else that was never released. (first tooth Baby Sundance is probably close to the top on my most wanted list)

Offline Lilja

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
I'm good friends with Ruth, so we already have a plan for stuff after this sets campaign. We are planing to approach with her prototype stuff and if they want it, it will be exclusively sold through our webstore. I sell a lot of her concept art and she is involved with our hqg1c project.

I am so on board with you about the first tooth baby Sundance!! And those little friend dolls would be awesome!

Lovely to hear! This is really exciting!

FT Baby Sundance also feels like a pony that's had a lot of buzz around her, once thought to be an European exclusive, and appearing in the Satin Slipper Sweet Shoppe commercial and the Pony Friends' card artwork. Bridge Direct could get a lot of mileage out of the FT molds. The very popular and rare TAF babies use them, as well as Baby Crumpet, two dutch exclusives and many collectors would probably appreciate being able to easily get a Baby Quackers without any brown spots.

Offline Gator

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Talking about FT Baby Sundance, it'd be awesome if other BBE babies like Shady, Lofty, Sleepy and Frosting got a chance to be normal (no disrespect to those who like BBE). 

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
I would pay good money for a Baby Shady with regular eyes. I already have a custom, but I would love a licensed one. Of all the early baby ponies, actually, she's probably the one I would like to see most. I don't separate early babies in my mind because in the UK they were all the same in stories and they were all play and care set ponies when they were released, so I include Baby Glory etc in that. We didn't have them either, I'd have liked them - but Baby Shady...always wanted her to go with my Shady.

Also I'd really like to see a regular Ribbon, Lofty and PARADISE. I may have included Paradise in my second letter. I am unashamedly obsessed with Paradise. Ribbon also...I'm sure she came real close to being released but then wasn't. It would be lovely to have regular releases of those guys.

I'd love to see first tooth baby Sundance as well. Although to be blunt, she appeared in the US commercial for a US only playset, the US backcard for a US set of pony friends and in the US booklets. The person who put about the rumour about her being European is the one who had access to all that US material and knew she wasn't. It wasn't that anyone thought she was a European pony so much as someone told everyone she was, knowing that she wasn't. My only explanation is that she wanted it to be true so much she convinced herself...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline LadyPinwheel

• Pink Punk Unicorn
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • My reality is just different than yours
    • View Profile
    • LadyPinwheel's Pony Realm
I've already shipped my letter!!

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Mine's in my purse ready to go to campus with me tomorrow, as the PO there is easier to find and less confusing for me with my navigational issues ;) I'm amazed you can take a photo inside the PO, LadyPinwheel. I think given London's current state of security alert, I'd probably be arrested if I tried to do that :/ My experience of central London post offices is that none of them have even the remotest sense of humour. About anything.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline LadyPinwheel

• Pink Punk Unicorn
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • My reality is just different than yours
    • View Profile
    • LadyPinwheel's Pony Realm
Mine's in my purse ready to go to campus with me tomorrow, as the PO there is easier to find and less confusing for me with my navigational issues ;) I'm amazed you can take a photo inside the PO, LadyPinwheel. I think given London's current state of security alert, I'd probably be arrested if I tried to do that :/ My experience of central London post offices is that none of them have even the remotest sense of humour. About anything.

Well.. let's just say no one saw me XD

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
My experience of central London post offices is that none of them have even the remotest sense of humour. About anything.

Oh, you reminded me... I went to post something with a proof-of-postage certificate, many moons ago, in Notting Hill. The woman at the desk was grumpiness personified. After stamping the cert + paying for my stamp, she then handed the parcel BACK to me to post in the postbox OUTSIDE??!!   :blink:  I was a bit confused as I thought that they had just "guaranteed" the safety of my parcel within their network, and that they would pop it in a post bag behind their desk... yet I took it OUT of their network to post it outside! She was such a grouch that I couldn't be bothered to argue (I was trying not to laugh at the stupidity of it all!)  :lol:
Yikes, if I had taken a photo I don't know what she would have said!  :scared:

Offline Clipper

• Classifieds
  • Clipper
    • View Profile
    • Clipper's Sail
glad to see so many of you are sending letters. I think confirmed we have 15 letters already in the mail on the way to Basic Fun in Boca Raton. I hope we get more to send letters. This is very important if you are international too, it shows that ponies in general can be released everywhere!

Offline shimmer73083

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
All sent today! Had my wifey write one also so that's two from us!

Offline Clipper

• Classifieds
  • Clipper
    • View Profile
    • Clipper's Sail
All sent today! Had my wifey write one also so that's two from us!

Thanks!! So that makes 18 letters so far that I personally know of :)!! Keep them coming!

Offline Gator

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Mailed mine today!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal