collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: G1 Celestial / Fancy Swirl Ponies Campaign!+Give Away (Pg2) Bridge Direct 35th!  (Read 25118 times)

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
Crosses Fingers, hopefully the photo of my letter/envelope will work. If not just imagine some stationary with the celestial ponies printed in the background and my letter printed on top.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Wow Karen!! That is amazing! Now I want my letter to look like yours :-)

This is what happens when you work at a printing company and are getting ready to run envelopes but get distracted by looking on the arena and facebook.
Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
@LM - problem with your conditions. In the UK it's more normal for them to print a label at the PO at the time of sending. That means it's not easy to get a photo of a stamped addressed envelope. We're not all posting domestically, and getting an international stamp means going to the PO for it...because you can't get them easily in other places outside the PO.

I understand that it will be more costly / difficult for people outside the US, and I truly appreciate the extra effort of any non-Americans who send letters.  <3   I did consider giving international letter writers an extra drawing entry, but that would be opening up a can of worms . . . Like, one person in the US might be a block away from the post office while another is 25 miles from a post office, should I also be giving the person 25 miles away extra entries?  So at the end of the day . . . it is what it is, one entry per letter.  :)

My hope is that people would be writing letters anyway, so the giveaway is just an additional little bonus.  :) 

Also anyone who reblogs the Tumblr post (which can be found here) gets one additional entry. :)

That wasn't my point. My point was that it is basically impossible to do what you're asking for a UK letter without 2 trips to the post office or risking putting an international letter in a general post box. It's hard to get an international stamp in the UK because the post office prefers to print a label at point of posting, thus making it not practical to take a photo before posting. IE, it gets taken to the PO, stamp labelled and taken away by the po teller...and you don't get to take the stamping machine home with you. So either we have to go to the PO twice, risk the internal box mail delay...or we have to send the letter via a reliable method direct at the PO, but aren't eligible for your draw.

I'll also be blunt. I am not sending any letter unless it also includes other stuff in it. I like the celestials, but I care more about other releases than them, and if I'm going to give myself a navigation crisis trying to find my London PO to mail this thing, I'm going to make sure it counts.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 11:30:30 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
@LM - problem with your conditions. In the UK it's more normal for them to print a label at the PO at the time of sending. That means it's not easy to get a photo of a stamped addressed envelope. We're not all posting domestically, and getting an international stamp means going to the PO for it...because you can't get them easily in other places outside the PO.

I understand that it will be more costly / difficult for people outside the US, and I truly appreciate the extra effort of any non-Americans who send letters.  <3   I did consider giving international letter writers an extra drawing entry, but that would be opening up a can of worms . . . Like, one person in the US might be a block away from the post office while another is 25 miles from a post office, should I also be giving the person 25 miles away extra entries?  So at the end of the day . . . it is what it is, one entry per letter.  :)

My hope is that people would be writing letters anyway, so the giveaway is just an additional little bonus.  :) 

Also anyone who reblogs the Tumblr post (which can be found here) gets one additional entry. :)

That wasn't my point. My point was that it is basically impossible to do what you're asking for a UK letter without 2 trips to the post office or risking putting an international letter in a general post box. It's hard to get an international stamp in the UK because the post office prefers to print a label at point of posting, thus making it not practical to take a photo before posting. IE, it gets taken to the PO, stamp labelled and taken away by the po teller...and you don't get to take the stamping machine home with you. So either we have to go to the PO twice, risk the internal box mail delay...or we have to send the letter via a reliable method direct at the PO, but aren't eligible for your draw.

Oh, I see!  That's a good point.  Hmm . . . I will change the rules to being an addressed envelope.  :)
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Well, don't get me wrong, it's really generous of you to run the prize draw. And I have no problem sending an international letter at higher cost. But sending an international letter has different rules at PO from a domestic one.

As for the content of the letter, I thought about this and I realise that it matters more to me to write about Medley and co than the celestials. I am game to write about the celestials, but if they don't happen, then they don't. If Medley and co come out but only in the US again, that will upset me more. So I want to write about the things that are important to me for this campaign. When you are not in the US, you can't leave anything to chance. You have to make every possible opportunity to get your voice heard or you don't get anything. And you guys already had the ponies that I've waited 30+ years to see on the store shelves. So I'm happy to support the campaign. But don't ask me to sidetrack what's really important to me in the process...

I'm not saying everyone has to agree with me or fight for the same things I want. I'm just saying that that is what is important to me, and that is what I intend to write about. And while doing so, I'll write about the celestials, but I want Medley and Glory much much more.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile

I'll also be blunt. I am not sending any letter unless it also includes other stuff in it. I like the celestials, but I care more about other releases than them, and if I'm going to give myself a navigation crisis trying to find my London PO to mail this thing, I'm going to make sure it counts.

There is a particular ponyfriends who can print your letter and mail it (hint hint), said friend buys stamps by the roll. They have american flags on them that say USA forever...(grin).

Offline Clipper

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+122)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Clipper
    • View Profile
    • Clipper's Sail
we also are encouraging everyone to email the letters to [email protected] , and they will be all printed to be sent as well. Location matters on each letter. I have 3 facebook videos regarding this. I am going to try to upload them to this Arena post.

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
@Uni ;) thank you for the offer ;) I figure the campaign wants to have people sending from different locations, though, so I will probably send it myself.

Thinking about it, I feel it's more time critical to address early poies, and especially Glory and co because they were so iconic to me when I was a child. Mystery Pony also fits in with them. And if I;m the only person in the UK bothered about getting Glory and co here, I need to write about them from the UK, and probably, right now. If there are more ponies in the offiing in autumn, good chance that set might be among the considered candidates. We don't like region locked pony releases, we've all decided that -so I want to persuade them not to make region locked releases for those ponies if they are to come out. And the case HAS to be made, as there is no Hasbro evidence of UK sales for these characters. And if they don't give us the flat foots, they won't give us these unless we tell them.

I will write two letters. I'll write one for the celestials and one for this. But I'd like to emphasise that if people in the UK do want those early ponies, we need to write about those too, and NOW. Because the celestials are NOT part of the autumn plan. But Glory and company MIGHT be, and this MIGHT be the moment where release decisions are made. And if we want mystery pony with the DVD of the special, she needs to be in context with the ponies she belongs with...so we could easily miss our chance by focusing only on a later design set.

So if we're not allowed to write letters with multiple things at once in them, we need to write two letters.

I need to do my lesson plan this weekend now, so my letters for both will probably be done Monday.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 12:35:33 PM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
I think the more information they get, the more they know what the collectors want.

I'd say write them about the celestial's in one letter and send them others about other pony things we'd like to see made.

How do they know if they only go by what maybe Hasbro has told them, etc? It's easy to think the first original set is a good idea, but they can't know what other stuff would sell unless we ask for it.

So I don't see an issue with people telling them they'd like certain ponies other than the celestials. The more connection they have, letters, emails, the more they'll know people are interested in original MLP.

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
I think the more information they get, the more they know what the collectors want.

I'd say write them about the celestial's in one letter and send them others about other pony things we'd like to see made.

How do they know if they only go by what maybe Hasbro has told them, etc? It's easy to think the first original set is a good idea, but they can't know what other stuff would sell unless we ask for it.

So I don't see an issue with people telling them they'd like certain ponies other than the celestials. The more connection they have, letters, emails, the more they'll know people are interested in original MLP.

Yep, me too. That's why I will send 2 letters for this, one for the celestial project and one for the things that I know I really want to see.

The reason I;m getting so obsessive about this right now is that it occurred to me that we already have the poses in production for Medley/Firefly Glory/Moondancer and a pony like the mystery one could easily be made in the CP or the shy pose. There's also potential for Applejack and Bow Tie without them needing any new poses. So realistically if they just made one new pose, the sitting pose (and let's not forget that fakie appeared in that pose...) we'd potentially have 1983 basic ponies covered.

But it would be easy for them to just ship Bubbles/Seashell/AJ/Bow Tie here and add Cotton Candy and Blossom who we didn't get yet and give the unicorns and pegasus ponies to the US. Because these ponies have poses that are already basically there, they're obvious choices.

It's fine to say we;ll get to other campaigns later, but there's no point if it's after all the decisions have been made.

So lets write for all the things we want. Separate letters, maybe, but write. There might be concerted campaigns again later, but for things like this, we have to write now. Write for the celestials, but don't JUST write for them. Write for the things you want to see :)
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Clipper

• Classifieds
  • Clipper
    • View Profile
    • Clipper's Sail
This is the correct body color Pearlshine.. Hair color is too dark. It should be the aqua that's on the magenta one in the first post visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Karen I love that stationary! It is so adorable. :lovey:

Clipper? Did you make that custom? She is amazing! :dribble:
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Clipper

• Classifieds
  • Clipper
    • View Profile
    • Clipper's Sail
Karen I love that stationary! It is so adorable. :lovey:

Clipper? Did you make that custom? She is amazing! :dribble:

Nope, Tiella -SoulCookiesco made her and the others on the first page :)

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
Wow I wish I had a colo printer now o.o I hope they recognize the set anyway.

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
My letter is written.

I've written two letters, one for the other stuff and one for the celestials and will send them in separate letters so they can't intervene with each other.

I haven't got a stamp on the envelope because of the way the UK processes stuff. They don't generally like you taking photos inside post offices in London, they might think you're casing the joint xD. I'll take it to the post tomorrow or Tuesday (if I am on campus, that actually makes posting it easier because the PO is easier to find near university xD)

« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 06:46:56 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Wow I wish I had a colo printer now o.o I hope they recognize the set anyway.

Dont do it...ruuunnn....they are money hungry beasts...and the smaller they are the more evil and more moeny they will consume.

I usually tell people just take it to a local print shop because its cheaper than investing in some crappy desktop printer.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal