collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: G1 Celestial / Fancy Swirl Ponies Campaign!+Give Away (Pg2) Bridge Direct 35th!  (Read 24913 times)

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
Re: Bring the G1 Celestial / Fancy Swirl Ponies to life Campaign!
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2018, 09:40:13 AM »

What a wonderful to get people involved! Way to go!!! 😄

Thanks!  I love doing giveaways and I want to offer a little extra excitement / anticipation, lol!

Giveaway rules:

- Write a (snail mail) letter to The Bridge Direct / Basic Fun requesting the Celestial ponies / Fancy Swirl ponies.  I highly recommend including a picture so they know what ponies you are talking about, lol.  Click here for a picture of the ponies from My Little Wiki.

- Take a picture of your letter and your addressed envelope before sending the letter.   Cover up your address and other personal information with a little piece of paper (or photo-edit it out).

- Send the photo(s) to [email protected]

- I will do drawings for the prizes on a rolling basis, i.e. not all on the same day.  Not sure when I will start doing the drawings yet, stay tuned. :)

- Winners will be chosen via random number generator.  :)  Many prizes, many winners!

Once again, the address to send the letter to is:

The Bridge Direct / Basic Fun
301 Yamato Rd.
Suite 2112
Boca Raton, FL 33431
USA

Here are the prizes so far, more to come:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

- Tex with hat
- MIB SDCC Loyal Subjects glittery Snuzzle
- G4 Diamond Rose
- G3 2007 SDCC red superhero pony x several ;)
- MOC sparkle Baby North Star
- MOC sparkle Baby Firefly
- custom sparkle pony Genie (not pictured), generously donated by Clipper!  Remember, Genie makes wishes come true!
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 11:32:35 AM by LadyMoondancer »
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline LadyPinwheel

• Pink Punk Unicorn
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • My reality is just different than yours
    • View Profile
    • LadyPinwheel's Pony Realm
Well, Yes it is, but I don't see what I could add than what is currently written above.

The more letters Basic Fun! receive the more strength the petition has ^^ Imagine the impact of getting hundreds of letters from all parts of the world asking for the same thing.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
We non-US people HAVE to step in and support stuff like this. Reality check for the unmotivated, and without any negative intent, but the US is the original home of MLP and all the companies involved in this are based there. The US will get things that we won't get unless we tell them that we are here too and that we want them. I can't stress this enough. If you don't believe me, the Loyal Subjects are a good example. The US gets stuff we don't get , and if we aren't making our voices heard, we won't get.

People in the UK are not often motivated to do anything except complain after the fact. We're all pretty guilty of leaving the hard work up to other people, it's often in our nature - but there is a HUGE following of MLP in the UK. Let's not forget that Hasbro uses the UK as a dumping ground for excess stock from other countries and has done so since the 1990s.  The UK coordinates a lot of Hasbro's European operations for G4, too. And MLP survived here longer than it survived in the US in two generations. I am speaking as a British person, so if you think this is an insulting generalisation, remember I'm applying it to myself as well ;)

In terms of continental Europe, some of you guys had G1 longer than any other country. The rest of you kept G2 going when everywhere else had given up. Some of you also had ponies made in your countries.

In terms of Australia and New Zealand - they will keep cutting you out unless you make them hear you on this.

So basically, international people MUST write. Whether it be a letter by mail, or facebook, or whatever method, it is MORE important for people outside of the US to communicate ideas. Because US companies will always think of the US market first. And it's for us to make them realise we're here too.

In terms of this, I'm game to support this so long as it's ok that I will write about the mystery pony as welll in my letter. I like the celestials but I am more motivated for the Midnight Castle pony because she doesn't belong to any particular country, in a sense. She's a true mystery for all of us. Whereas the celestial ponies came out of US design stuff and we don't know if they would be global or not, I feel like Mystery Pony is pretty much an iconic pony for everyone to attach themselves to. So if she can be involved in this campaign too, I'm in ;)

I will write, but I need to do my lesson plan first ;)

@LM - problem with your conditions. In the UK it's more normal for them to print a label at the PO at the time of sending. That means it's not easy to get a photo of a stamped addressed envelope. We're not all posting domestically, and getting an international stamp means going to the PO for it...because you can't get them easily in other places outside the PO.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 10:33:05 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline LadyPinwheel

• Pink Punk Unicorn
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile

Thanks!  I love doing giveaways and I want to offer a little extra excitement / anticipation, lol!

Giveaway rules:

- Write a (snail mail) letter to The Bridge Direct / Basic Fun requesting the Celestial ponies / Fancy Swirl ponies.  I highly recommend including a picture so they know what ponies you are talking about, lol.  Click here for a picture of the ponies from My Little Wiki.

- Take a picture of your letter and your stamped, addressed envelope before sending the letter.   Cover up your address and other personal information with a little piece of paper (or photo-edit it out).

- Send the photo(s) to [email protected]

- I will do drawings for the prizes on a rolling basis, i.e. not all on the same day.  Not sure when I will start doing the drawings yet, stay tuned. :)

- Winners will be chosen via random number generator.  :)  Many prizes, many winners!

Once again, the address to send the letter to is:

The Bridge Direct / Basic Fun
301 Yamato Rd.
Suite 2112
Boca Raton, FL 33431
USA

Here are the prizes so far, more to come:

- Tex with hat
- MIB SDCC Loyal Subjects glittery Snuzzle
- G4 Diamond Rose
- G3 2007 SDCC red superhero pony x several ;)
- MOC sparkle Baby North Star
- MOC sparkle Baby Firefly

This is so great of you! My letter will be shipped on Monday! Let's hope many people get involved so we can have these wonderful ponies in the stores!
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 10:33:49 AM by LadyPinwheel »

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
Letter done, will post on monday :) I think its a great idea!!

Offline LadyPinwheel

• Pink Punk Unicorn
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
We non-US people HAVE to step in and support stuff like this. Reality check for the unmotivated, and without any negative intent, but the US is the original home of MLP and all the companies involved in this are based there. The US will get things that we won't get unless we tell them that we are here too and that we want them. I can't stress this enough.

People in the UK are not often motivated to do anything except complain after the fact. We're all pretty guilty of leaving the hard work up to other people, it's often in our nature - but there is a HUGE following of MLP in the UK. Let's not forget that Hasbro uses the UK as a dumping ground for excess stock from other countries and has done so since the 1990s.  The UK coordinates a lot of Hasbro's European operations for G4, too. And MLP survived here longer than it survived in the US in two generations. I am speaking as a British person, so if you think this is an insulting generalisation, remember I'm applying it to myself as well ;)

In terms of continental Europe, some of you guys had G1 longer than any other country. The rest of you kept G2 going when everywhere else had given up. Some of you also had ponies made in your countries.

In terms of Australia and New Zealand - they will keep cutting you out unless you make them hear you on this.

So basically, international people MUST write. Whether it be a letter by mail, or facebook, or whatever method, it is MORE important for people outside of the US to communicate ideas. Because US companies will always think of the US market first. And it's for us to make them realise we're here too.

In terms of this, I'm game to support this so long as it's ok that I will write about the mystery pony as welll in my letter. I like the celestials but I am more motivated for the Midnight Castle pony because she doesn't belong to any particular country, in a sense. She's a true mystery for all of us. Whereas the celestial ponies came out of US design stuff and we don't know if they would be global or not, I feel like Mystery Pony is pretty much an iconic pony for everyone to attach themselves to. So if she can be involved in this campaign too, I'm in ;)

I agree with you SO much! We need to make noise and make them aware that we want those ponies too. If they only get letters from the US, and they decide to release them they will only sell them in the US.

And what you say about people in the UK letting others do the hard work.. It's not only UK. It happens here is Spain too. :/

I hope people take this seriously ^^

Offline Mlp Sunsparkle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • Sparkles are great, but Sunsparkles are better!
    • View Profile
I will definitely be writing! I hope these beauties can finally be made  ^.^
Mlp Sunsparkle x

Sig made by: Sapphire Rain
Instagram: mlp_sunsparkle

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
The thought alone... <3 <3 <3 OMG, imagine you could buy NEW old G1 ponies :D Not just retro but new too :D

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
Crosses Fingers, hopefully the photo of my letter/envelope will work. If not just imagine some stationary with the celestial ponies printed in the background and my letter printed on top.

Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
@LM - problem with your conditions. In the UK it's more normal for them to print a label at the PO at the time of sending. That means it's not easy to get a photo of a stamped addressed envelope. We're not all posting domestically, and getting an international stamp means going to the PO for it...because you can't get them easily in other places outside the PO.

I understand that it will be more costly / difficult for people outside the US, and I truly appreciate the extra effort of any non-Americans who send letters.  <3   I did consider giving international letter writers an extra drawing entry, but that would be opening up a can of worms . . . Like, one person in the US might be a block away from the post office while another is 25 miles from a post office, should I also be giving the person 25 miles away extra entries?  So at the end of the day . . . it is what it is, one entry per letter.  :)

My hope is that people would be writing letters anyway, so the giveaway is just an additional little bonus.  :) 

Also anyone who reblogs the Tumblr post (which can be found here) gets one additional entry. :)
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Shatyr

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Karen, please tell me that stationary is available online? Because I will be writing every letter ever on that thing. I will include hand written letters when I pay bills. I will turn off my online bill pay to send in checks with hand written letters for that stationary.

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
Karen, please tell me that stationary is available online? Because I will be writing every letter ever on that thing. I will include hand written letters when I pay bills. I will turn off my online bill pay to send in checks with hand written letters for that stationary.

Actually no, not online. I made the letter and envelope; printing/signs/etc is what I do for work, tis my job/business. So I took a moment to kinda get my point across to the company and design a background for the letter and envelope.
Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

Offline Clipper

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+122)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Clipper
    • View Profile
    • Clipper's Sail
Agree! I would only keep it for this topic right now, as we are going to get to other release letters after.

The Fancy Swirls were set to be a U.K. Release as well. I have the original packaging proofs.

We non-US people HAVE to step in and support stuff like this. Reality check for the unmotivated, and without any negative intent, but the US is the original home of MLP and all the companies involved in this are based there. The US will get things that we won't get unless we tell them that we are here too and that we want them. I can't stress this enough. If you don't believe me, the Loyal Subjects are a good example. The US gets stuff we don't get , and if we aren't making our voices heard, we won't get.

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
Ooooh Karen, I love that stationary. :D

Offline Clipper

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+122)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Clipper
    • View Profile
    • Clipper's Sail
Crosses Fingers, hopefully the photo of my letter/envelope will work. If not just imagine some stationary with the celestial ponies printed in the background and my letter printed on top.

Wow Karen!! That is amazing! Now I want my letter to look like yours :-)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal