collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: G1 Celestial / Fancy Swirl Ponies Campaign!+Give Away (Pg2) Bridge Direct 35th!  (Read 24918 times)

Offline Clipper

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+122)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Clipper
    • View Profile
    • Clipper's Sail
Hi everyone,

I would like to include arena members in this. I have started a group of Facebook about this (but do not need to be a member on it).. We have started a petition to get Basic Fun / Bridge Direct to make the mysterious celestial ponies!

Please read the entire post.

Hope you all participate!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Who are the Fancy Swirls?

Fancy Swirl ponies, are a set of G1 My Little Ponies, that never made it past prototype stage.  The ponies were supposed to set in a ‘celestial’ type theme, representing space alien ponies. Each pony was supposed to come with a marbled, two toned body, with antennas, tinsel in their hair and outer space themed romp designs.

Introducing (yes these are their official Hasbro names!):

(body is supposed to be lavender. Please check page 3 for variation)

What makes the Fancy Swirls so special?

Fancy Swirl ponies were never produced to the general public.  Illustrations leaked of these beauties, when Hasbro shared old packaging designs at a My Little Pony Convention in 2008. When collectors first saw these illustrations it caused a great deal of excitement, curiosity and questions for this mysterious set.

Why Fancy Swirls?

Over the last decade, licensed merchandise has popped up in local shops and throughout  online retailers around the world. This proves that not only the G1 My Little Pony collector is interested in these, but the general public as well.  Their beautiful coloring and details are not only attractive, but unique to any other pony toy ever made.

How can we get these Fancy Swirl ponies made?

By voicing your opinion. With no guarantee, but there is a possibility that the current company Basic Fun (Bridge Direct), who holds the G1 MLP license could bump these swirled beauties into production.  All you will have to do is send a simple letter requesting the Celestial / Fancy Swirl ponies.  It is recommended that you include the original artwork and some photos of licensed merchandise that has been sold. Please make sure that the focus is for the Celestial / Fancy Swirl set and not to side track to other ponies. We will get to those later.

We encourage you to send your letter through direct mail, and will cost you just a postage stamp.

Below, you will find a sample letter written by Em Nash (Wings Of Masquerade). Please do not copy this word for word, but you may use for a reference.  All letters must be written in English. Be sure to include at the bottom of your letter your name and home and email address. Once your letter is finalized, please print and mail it as soon as possible. Don’t forget to submit a copy of your letter to us by email ([email protected]), so we can re-print it at a later date and submit all 500+ letters together. Please do not email or Facebook message Basic Fun regarding these ponies, as you will get a generic response.

Basic Fun / Bridge Direct mailing address:

301 Yamato Rd.
Suite 2112
Boca Raton, FL 33431

Celestial Pony / Fancy Swirl campaign email:

[email protected]

Let’s spread the word and try to get the Fancy Swirl ponies made, to fill the missing link into our G1 pony collections. Thank you for participating.

-Clipper

Sample Letter:
“To Whom This May Concern at Bridge Direct / Basic Fun,
I'm a My Little Pony Collector, and I'm just writing to say I totally love your Retro Collector Ponies! I've already got the whole set from Target & I was so amazed and happy to find these on store shelves.
Because you're releasing older Hasbro ponies, could you please consider the Celestial Ponies set?
This set of 4 characters has been super popular on merchandise at Hot Topic, in the UK, & more, and I would really love a chance to buy these as real ponies from you guys. I have attached Hasbro's old art of these here, as well as the art that other companies are using on merchandise. All the fans seem to love these characters like I do, so I wanted to write to let you know about them.
If you want the official art from the 1980s for these along with the molds/poses Hasbro had in mind, I know we've got a fan in our community who has all that stuff back from the official convention.
*Insert contact email or whatever needed here*
 I am also looking forward to buying your future releases. Thank you so much for producing these, we're all so happy to see more of our favorite toy on store shelves.

Please consider this request as we'd really love the opportunity to purchase these toys!
Thank you,
X xx “

https://m.facebook.com/groups/1143125015828604
« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 11:04:46 PM by Clipper »

Offline RoseNoire

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • pony count : 243
    • View Profile
Re: Bring the G1 Celestial / Fancy Swirl Ponies to life Campaign!
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2018, 03:49:40 PM »
Oh boi ! They are amazing ! I want them so bad now.  :hearts:
I can't send a letter, but hopefully there will be enough people to make them real ! :hope:
Rusty/frizzy pony restoration tutorial
Drink'n'wet pony restoration tutorial
G3 Twist and Style petal parlor thorough cleaning
My collection | My drawings
-> Made by Witchvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
-> Made by Starrynights

Offline Clipper

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+122)
  • Clipper
    • View Profile
    • Clipper's Sail
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2018, 04:05:54 PM »
Oh boi ! They are amazing ! I want them so bad now.  :hearts:
I can't send a letter, but hopefully there will be enough people to make them real ! :hope:

if being international is the issue, you can always email the letter to me in the email above.

Offline RoseNoire

• Scribbles Pony
  • pony count : 243
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2018, 04:10:24 PM »
Well, Yes it is, but I don't see what I could add than what is currently written above.
Rusty/frizzy pony restoration tutorial
Drink'n'wet pony restoration tutorial
G3 Twist and Style petal parlor thorough cleaning
My collection | My drawings
-> Made by Witchvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
-> Made by Starrynights

Offline BethMcBeth

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • www.BethMcBeth.com
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2018, 04:20:14 PM »
I am looking forward to this! :D

Offline Sweet Daes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Glitter is my best friend.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2018, 04:44:40 PM »
I didn't realize this... I own shoes <3 with these ponies on them, but I was not aware that they were never released.

Offline BethMcBeth

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • www.BethMcBeth.com
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2018, 05:15:36 PM »
I didn't realize this... I own shoes <3 with these ponies on them, but I was not aware that they were never released.

That is awesome!! You need these ponies to match your shoes!! ❤️❤️

Offline WingsOfMasquerade

• Trade Count: (+230)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2018, 05:59:13 PM »
This is great!
The company is small so we ACTUALLY have a chance! Ever since I saw that merch and stuff with them on there I have been so mad that Hasbro didn't make them. But while Hasbro may burn fan letters to stoke their furnace in the winter I bet these guys don't. They're actually in FL too, not a giant in NY or Calif or China or something hmm.

I am 100% writing a letter over the weekend and will send it out on Monday.
I neeeeeed these ponies!

To Rose Noire:
You can add the most special piece of all: Your own name.
What companies care about isn't so much the sentiment just "Who is this and what do they want". So "YourName wants Fancy Swirl" is absolutely the best thing you can do. They will then look at the post mark (Where are you? Are you the same person as the other? No? Ok) and discover that you are a legitimate person who wants their product. The aim here (that is do-able) is to build up enough names that they actually do the thing. One person to them is literally a drop in a bucket, but the only way to fill up a bucket is to go drop by drop.

This goes for everybody: Your name is your drop, let's fill up the bucket and then pour out some fancyswirls for ourselves!

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2018, 09:13:04 PM »
I have a backpack with them on it.  Unfortunately . . . one of my cats decided he liked it too.  To pee on.  Kitty, why? :P

This campaign is a great idea!  And please, EVERYONE write!!!  This isn't just about getting information to The Bridge Direct / Basic Fun, it's about showing them that LOTS of people want these ponies released . . . not just one person.  The more people who write in, the more likely they are to make them!

Emailing them is good too, but snail mail is even better (because with snail mail they will be able to confirm that we are indeed all different people writing from all different places . . . Otherwise they might think we're just a few people who are making loads of fake email accounts, lol.)

BTW, I am going to be running a giveaway later (once I get organized), and anyone who writes in will get a chance at PRIZES.  :frolic:  So please take a picture of your stamped letter before you send it so you'll be eligible.  (But hide your personal information, like your address--you can just put a small sticky note or piece of paper over your address / name to hide them.  Or you can photo-edit it out later.) 

Offhand, I am setting aside a MOC sparkle Baby North Star for the giveaway.   :happy:
« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 09:17:15 PM by LadyMoondancer »
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline BethMcBeth

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • www.BethMcBeth.com
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2018, 09:59:25 PM »
I have a backpack with them on it.  Unfortunately . . . one of my cats decided he liked it too.  To pee on.  Kitty, why? :P

This campaign is a great idea!  And please, EVERYONE write!!!  This isn't just about getting information to The Bridge Direct / Basic Fun, it's about showing them that LOTS of people want these ponies released . . . not just one person.  The more people who write in, the more likely they are to make them!

Emailing them is good too, but snail mail is even better (because with snail mail they will be able to confirm that we are indeed all different people writing from all different places . . . Otherwise they might think we're just a few people who are making loads of fake email accounts, lol.)

BTW, I am going to be running a giveaway later (once I get organized), and anyone who writes in will get a chance at PRIZES.  :frolic:  So please take a picture of your stamped letter before you send it so you'll be eligible.  (But hide your personal information, like your address--you can just put a small sticky note or piece of paper over your address / name to hide them.  Or you can photo-edit it out later.) 

Offhand, I am setting aside a MOC sparkle Baby North Star for the giveaway.   :happy:

What a wonderful to get people involved! Way to go!!! 😄

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2018, 01:18:45 AM »
I never knew that these designs existed!

Heck, if they can make antennae Breezies, they can surely make these!

I'll see if I can get an international stamp sometime this week, as I hardly ever write letters anymore!  :lol:

To coin a street phrase, we are totally "stanning" these pony re-releases  :cool:

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2018, 01:22:02 AM »
This is a great idea! It doesn't cost much to send a letter abroad from the UK, so I'll hop in on this. Maybe international demand will mean international releases if we're successful! :D
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 07:20:44 AM by Taproot »

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2018, 07:16:06 AM »
Very cool. I'm in!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2018, 07:46:54 AM »

Eww.XQ
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Mana Minori

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2018, 08:16:22 AM »
Galaxy ponies? Count me in! I hope these guys get released, for sure! I've always been enamored with celestial themes and astronomy. (fingers crossed they make a celestial pony named Orion, Hatsya, Saiph, or Polaris)
And if these prototype ponies do get released, it would give me hope that I can possibly start a movement for the re-release of international exclusive ponies, like the Takaras.
formerly nightmare muffin

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal