collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: G1 Celestial / Fancy Swirl Ponies Campaign!+Give Away (Pg2) Bridge Direct 35th!  (Read 25170 times)

Offline Clipper

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+122)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Clipper
    • View Profile
    • Clipper's Sail
I have to admit some confusion; I checked out both their website (which seems to mostly be under construction) and their FB page, and I see nothing about MLP...?

http://mlpretro.basicfun.com/

Try this one :)
Oh, cool! Thank you, Taffeta! :D

Edit: Why are they calling Moonstone "Cotton Candy"? :blink:

We blame Pinkie Pie.

lol !  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline LadyPinwheel

• Pink Punk Unicorn
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • My reality is just different than yours
    • View Profile
    • LadyPinwheel's Pony Realm
Hello all!

I've asked Basic Fun about the Celestial/Fancy Swirl ponies. They are already getting letters and we are know moving online too, but don't stop the letters getting to them!!
So please, be sure to like or respond to my comment to basic fun about celestial ponies! Let them know you're interested in them by finding the post in this link:

https://www.facebook.com/basicfuntoys/posts/1789154104448521?comment_id=1802741319756466&comment_tracking=%7B%22tn%22%3A%22R0%22%7D

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Have done so. :)

I also am starting to feel like I am stalking them, but if we don't speak, we don't get, right? O.O
« Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 01:13:50 PM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline LadyPinwheel

• Pink Punk Unicorn
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile

I also am starting to feel like I am stalking them, but if we don't speak, we don't get, right? O.O

Seen it! Thank you so much!

I feel SOOOO much like a stalker!! The crazy pony lady XD BUT! Yes, we need to make noise in order to be heard. It might work, it might not, but if we don't try we will never know.

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile

Seen it! Thank you so much!

I feel SOOOO much like a stalker!! The crazy pony lady XD BUT! Yes, we need to make noise in order to be heard. It might work, it might not, but if we don't try we will never know.

Happy to know that we, in solidarity, were crazy together for the sake of ponypeople worldwide.

O.o.

I feel a bit sorry for this company now. I wonder if they knew what to expect with all of this.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
My letter went out today!! Here's hoping they consider making the Celestial ponies - it would be awesome to see them finally made! :O
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
Liked it too :)
« Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 10:39:39 PM by Einhornbaby »

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
AHA, this was the thread I was looking for.  ;) ;) ;)

This is your weekly (?) reminder to email me a photo of your letter at [email protected] to get an entry in the giveaway.  :P 

(Exceptions being Taffeta, KarenTheUnicorn, and LadyPinwheel whose entries I marked down before going "OMG this is getting too complicated, email only from now on", lol.)

Especially important because I just got an ADORABLE pony pin of Princess Tiffany /  Princess Pearl and I'd like to sneak in a giveaway for it before I go away on vacation (in February).  :)  Like, I might draw a name for it this weekend.

(Pic is from Studio BMFC storefront.)
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline LadyPinwheel

• Pink Punk Unicorn
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Oh my!! I love those pins! I need to get a Fizzy one!

Also, people!! Don't forget to give a like to this post: https://www.facebook.com/basicfuntoys/posts/1789154104448521?comment_id=1802741319756466&comment_tracking=%7B%22tn%22%3A%22R9%22%7D

And leave a comment for Basic Fun if you wish about the Fancy Swirl ponies! Let's see if we can get the 100 likes on that post!

Offline WingsOfMasquerade

• Trade Count: (+230)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
I liked the post and left a comment too.
This posting on the FB thing is probably a good idea. Companies love PR like that, so they probably have someone watching it. It's so good to have multiple ways to reach them and keep on top of them about making these Celestials. I'm not great at FB though, is there a way to see if this is their most popular FB interaction they've ever had? It would be interesting to see, as it looks quite busy on there now.

Offline LadyPinwheel

• Pink Punk Unicorn
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
I liked the post and left a comment too.
This posting on the FB thing is probably a good idea. Companies love PR like that, so they probably have someone watching it. It's so good to have multiple ways to reach them and keep on top of them about making these Celestials. I'm not great at FB though, is there a way to see if this is their most popular FB interaction they've ever had? It would be interesting to see, as it looks quite busy on there now.

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! <3
Yes, I think having the two ways of calling their attention is interesting. They can look up in the page stats the amount of visits they have and which if the post that most visits gets. So I hope is ours! ^^

Also, remember to share with all your friends, lets see if we can get more visits on the post!!

« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 01:28:34 AM by LadyPinwheel »

Offline Mami Tomoe

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • i love sprinkles
    • View Profile
Re: Bring G1 Celestial / Fancy Swirl Ponies to life Campaign! Bridge Direct 35th!
« Reply #101 on: February 01, 2018, 05:19:58 AM »
Agree! I would only keep it for this topic right now, as we are going to get to other release letters after.

The Fancy Swirls were set to be a U.K. Release as well. I have the original packaging proofs.

We non-US people HAVE to step in and support stuff like this. Reality check for the unmotivated, and without any negative intent, but the US is the original home of MLP and all the companies involved in this are based there. The US will get things that we won't get unless we tell them that we are here too and that we want them. I can't stress this enough. If you don't believe me, the Loyal Subjects are a good example. The US gets stuff we don't get , and if we aren't making our voices heard, we won't get.

People in the UK are not often motivated to do anything except complain after the fact. We're all pretty guilty of leaving the hard work up to other people, it's often in our nature - but there is a HUGE following of MLP in the UK. Let's not forget that Hasbro uses the UK as a dumping ground for excess stock from other countries and has done so since the 1990s.  The UK coordinates a lot of Hasbro's European operations for G4, too. And MLP survived here longer than it survived in the US in two generations. I am speaking as a British person, so if you think this is an insulting generalisation, remember I'm applying it to myself as well ;)

In terms of continental Europe, some of you guys had G1 longer than any other country. The rest of you kept G2 going when everywhere else had given up. Some of you also had ponies made in your countries.

In terms of Australia and New Zealand - they will keep cutting you out unless you make them hear you on this.

So basically, international people MUST write. Whether it be a letter by mail, or facebook, or whatever method, it is MORE important for people outside of the US to communicate ideas. Because US companies will always think of the US market first. And it's for us to make them realise we're here too.

In terms of this, I'm game to support this so long as it's ok that I will write about the mystery pony as welll in my letter. I like the celestials but I am more motivated for the Midnight Castle pony because she doesn't belong to any particular country, in a sense. She's a true mystery for all of us. Whereas the celestial ponies came out of US design stuff and we don't know if they would be global or not, I feel like Mystery Pony is pretty much an iconic pony for everyone to attach themselves to. So if she can be involved in this campaign too, I'm in ;)

I will write, but I need to do my lesson plan first ;)

@LM - problem with your conditions. In the UK it's more normal for them to print a label at the PO at the time of sending. That means it's not easy to get a photo of a stamped addressed envelope. We're not all posting domestically, and getting an international stamp means going to the PO for it...because you can't get them easily in other places outside the PO.
can you post the proofs
i love sprinkles
i also clean ponies so if you want a clean pony contact me

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
It's fine :) I already sent LM my pictures XD
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline tebrighteyes

• Power Puff Pony
    • View Profile
Sent my letter :)

Offline Clipper

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+122)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Clipper
    • View Profile
    • Clipper's Sail
Sent my letter :)

Yay thanks bright eyes!! I hope someone gets a response soon!!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal