collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: G1 Celestial / Fancy Swirl Ponies Campaign!+Give Away (Pg2) Bridge Direct 35th!  (Read 25174 times)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Did anyone get responses yet?
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
I was thinking more the idea of having color swirl plastic.  If you tried to combine two different colors to make the swirly effect would it come out the way it was envisioned?  Would the colors blend too much or too little?  Would it cause the vinyl to not adhere to itself properly or shrink/expand at different rates?

Yeah it would. The Color Swirl Ponies exist.

The swirls on Color Swirl Ponies is paint, just like the eyes and symbols. The plastic itself is just a solid color.

Like I asked before how do we know the swirls were in intended to be in the plastic? It seems like a lot of work just to do something that could be achieved with a special paint application.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Clipper

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+122)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Clipper
    • View Profile
    • Clipper's Sail
Did anyone get responses yet?

I think there was a response at the NYC Toy Fair. They said they are impressed with how organized the campaign is, and have already begun to look into it. They are trying to work with Hasbro, and it is pending approval- to make our dreams come true!

I hope we see some written letters or something in the future to us. But this is a very good response. I am happy with it, as long as these aren't their planned SDCC exclusives.

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
That sounds nice :)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
If they became SDCC exclusives it would be a slap in the face and a betrayal to the pony fans from overseas who also wrote for this project. We didn't write in support of the celestials so that the US got them through limited means. We wrote for them to be available everywhere, and I hope that;s the mindset they take from our petition.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
totally true, I too hope they wont do that!

Offline WingsOfMasquerade

• Trade Count: (+230)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
They need to put something else for the SDCC exclusive.
Like pick a Big Brother or something to test the waters on brothers. Would anybody be upset if they put Mimic at SDCC?

But, the celestials super don't belong there.
They belong on store shelves where anyone who wants one can get one, regardless of country. If they're selling the rainbows in EU & USA the celestials should be exactly the same way. I think though, that because they've already said 'they heard our letters', that they're probably actually reading them and looking where they are coming from, so that they actually know it's people everywhere not just attendees of some expensive con.

If this works?
How great will it be: A SERIOUS VICTORY for the ARENA!
The people here who wrote, the people here who proposed (Clipper) the people doing the prize draws (Moondancer & anyone else too) all those combined efforts, if that actually makes real, new, official characters come out for every G1 fan to collect I'd say that's the coolest thing to happen in such a long time. Maybe in the way of G1 merch "in ever". And it'd be a literal "Arena Victory", not a youtube victory, or a reddit victory or anything else. That's pretty super special for a community.

Because if you're sitting there in the future with a celestial in hand, would you have ever thought when you signed up to the Arena back in the day:
"Well I'm joining a fun group who will, after x years literally bring back my favorite collectible of all time with a new set/characters" ?
It's quite a thing!

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
Mmm, don't really agree with it being an "Arena victory".  A lot of people who wrote letters are on Facebook or Tumblr, not necessarily the Arena.  (Of course there is a lot of overlap between the different platforms. ;) )

We could call it a "community victory", though.  ;) 

Edit:  Speaking of the prize drawing though, I am in the process of gathering the ponies for that (from their various nooks and crannies).  After that I'm going to do some "HEY, make sure you EMAILED ME your LETTER PICS" reminders, and after THAT I am actually going to start drawing, lol. 

Sorry it's taking a bit.  I am not the best organized, and am further befuddled from just getting back from vacation.

I am tentatively predicting that I'll hold the drawing on March 9th.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 03:55:25 PM by LadyMoondancer »
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
I wouldn't be upset about Mimic, but I'm sure other people would.

Daughter dearest def would be.  ^.^ She's one of her ultimate grails.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 04:05:12 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
For some reason I assumed that the sdcc exclusive would be a new character using the old molds.  Oh geez!  I hope it won't be mystery pony!

But it really is too early to get worked up about it.  We have no idea what they plan.  Though on the other hand, I can't imagine that they would choose to do a character that isn't considered popular (at least according to *their* intel).  So it's a good bet that some people are going to be upset no matter what they do.  Though I guess they could choose to do a well known character who is also considered common.  Like Sundance, for instance.

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
My sister said she wanted to see the mane 6 in G1 poses. I think that would work for SDCC.

Or the G1 ponies in G4 poses (Sparkler etc).

Even just one of them. Though we all know it would probably be Surprise Pie :P

I wouldn't be bothered by Mimic for SDCC tbh. I am interested in the Retros so far as getting ponies I remember from my childhood. Mimic wasn't one of those and no matter how much I love her, I don't think that she has much traction in the UK outside of the collector community, not even with the TV special as the series really didn't air here effectively and was mostly on VHS.

But the Celestials, given all our letters and all the locations from which letters came - it would be a betrayal of all of us if they made those SDCC. They can make them limited run mail order through Amazon or something if they like, rather than ship to store...but it has to be available to everyone, or the whole point of the campaign is lost.

And TBP need to actually bother communicating with non-US people. Because I am not the only one overseas whose messages they read but ignore. Still waiting on a response to a message from Jan 27th.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 02:27:30 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline LadyPinwheel

• Pink Punk Unicorn
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • My reality is just different than yours
    • View Profile
    • LadyPinwheel's Pony Realm
But the Celestials, given all our letters and all the locations from which letters came - it would be a betrayal of all of us if they made those SDCC. They can make them limited run mail order through Amazon or something if they like, rather than ship to store...but it has to be available to everyone, or the whole point of the campaign is lost.

And TBP need to actually bother communicating with non-US people. Because I am not the only one overseas whose messages they read but ignore. Still waiting on a response to a message from Jan 27th.

Agree. I hope that, if they make them, they sell them worldwide.

About them answering, I'm getting in touch with them and they do answer. They might take a couple of days, but they do get back to me. Last, I contacted them about the Strawberry Shortcake dolls on saturday, and on monday the replied.

Maybe you sent the message when they had a bigger volume of communications and it got lost or misplaced? Maybe you could contact them again asking if they read your message. They always reply, even if it's just a general answer. But I have the feeling that they are trying hard to keep up with all the messages.

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
I did message them again after the toy fair pics. Still nothing.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Foxtale

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
For some reason I assumed that the sdcc exclusive would be a new character using the old molds.  Oh geez!  I hope it won't be mystery pony!

That is what I was lead to believe they are currently working on. (A new character in a G1 mold.) But... that being said they weren't sure if they could make production for 2018 SDCC so we may have to wait a year. ;P
~Foxtale~

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
A whole new G1 wopuld be amazing :D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal