collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: G1 Celestial / Fancy Swirl Ponies Campaign!+Give Away (Pg2) Bridge Direct 35th!  (Read 24923 times)

Offline LadyPinwheel

• Pink Punk Unicorn
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • My reality is just different than yours
    • View Profile
    • LadyPinwheel's Pony Realm
I was thinking more the idea of having color swirl plastic.  If you tried to combine two different colors to make the swirly effect would it come out the way it was envisioned?  Would the colors blend too much or too little?  Would it cause the vinyl to not adhere to itself properly or shrink/expand at different rates?

I don't think that would have been an issue. There are plenty of things made of swirl plastic, and even pearlized! Buttons, bouncy balls...  I have tons of dice that are swirly and pearlized and looks amazing. The only thing is that each one would have been different, but I would have thought of that as a plus! ^^

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
It's not like swirly marble patterns aren't possible.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BecD_Vwnqky/
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Technically all of the Glowing Magic/G&S ponies are different because of the placement of their glowing stars and the hearts (not to mention the density of the plastic and sometimes the colour of the hearts). I quite like the idea of unique ponies to be honest :)

The only aspect of the Celestials (yes I will keep calling them that because it sounds nicer xD) that I don't like so much is the 'antennae'. I don't totally understand the purpose (but then I still don't understand the pocket ponies 20+ years on and even though I stared at them in the store like they were aliens I still bought one, so I guess it doesn't really matter?)
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline LadyPinwheel

• Pink Punk Unicorn
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • My reality is just different than yours
    • View Profile
    • LadyPinwheel's Pony Realm
Technically all of the Glowing Magic/G&S ponies are different because of the placement of their glowing stars and the hearts (not to mention the density of the plastic and sometimes the colour of the hearts). I quite like the idea of unique ponies to be honest :)

The only aspect of the Celestials (yes I will keep calling them that because it sounds nicer xD) that I don't like so much is the 'antennae'. I don't totally understand the purpose (but then I still don't understand the pocket ponies 20+ years on and even though I stared at them in the store like they were aliens I still bought one, so I guess it doesn't really matter?)

They are meant to be Extraterrestrial ponies, so I guess the antennae give them that "out of this world" look. I think it looks cute ^^

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
I just want to see them mass produced in some way. I know a lot of people think the swirls were meant to be in the plastic but could they have just been solid pearly translucent ponies with the swirls meant to be applied in a special application method. That could even be why they never got made is because they couldn't figure out how to apply the inner legs and belly. Even if Basic Fun decides to do them I'd still like to see a HQG1C based on the concept at the very least.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Clipper

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+122)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Clipper
    • View Profile
    • Clipper's Sail
If anyone receives a response please let us know :)

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
If anyone receives a response please let us know :)

I think it more likely US people will get responses. I can't see them sending letters all over the world...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline NightGliderSA

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
I did give them my e-mail address on my letter; I felt that giving them another communication avenue might encourage someone to reply.

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
I will say if this ever was a kick starter project I would back it in a heartbeat.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
I actually feel like the lack of "thanks for your input" form letters is a good thing . . . ?  Like, to me that suggests they might be meeting / discussing these ponies / waiting for more info on them from Hasbro before replying.  Companies can move quite slowly;  everyone has their day to day responsibilities so scheduling a meeting can be a bit of a pain in the butt and take some time.  (At least that is the case where I work, lol.)

So to me their radio silence suggests they might be exploring the possibility.  And it's a lot better than a politely worded 'no'.  ;)

In other news I'll be holding the giveaway when I get back from vacation (currently I'm in Hawaii), which will be late February or early March depending how organized I am.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Hawai'i sounds nice. It's so cold here, although today was at least sunny. Hope you're having a good time :D

I don't really expect them to communicate anything any more. They annoyed me when they answered my initial enquiry email after a month to give me a copy paste message stating that Rainbow Ponies might be coming out in the US at the end of the year. Obviously I didn't ask anything about the US - but it seems like their PR department is only set up to deal with communication about US release. It's only on facebook that you can actually get human replies, and we haven't been using that for this :/
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
I was reminded of how great The Bridge Direct's facebook people are when I went on TRU's Facebook and asked if they would stock the retro ponies and got a generic "Here's a link to all our great MLP products!" response.  (And I had specified they were retro ponies from The Bridge Direct, not Hasbro ponies, too.)
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Clipper

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+122)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Clipper
    • View Profile
    • Clipper's Sail
from reading the reply from Foxtale on the 35th anniversary post,  it looks like our letters have been received :D

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
I was thinking more the idea of having color swirl plastic.  If you tried to combine two different colors to make the swirly effect would it come out the way it was envisioned?  Would the colors blend too much or too little?  Would it cause the vinyl to not adhere to itself properly or shrink/expand at different rates?

Yeah it would. The Color Swirl Ponies exist.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr

Yeah it would. The Color Swirl Ponies exist.

The swirls on Color Swirl Ponies is paint, just like the eyes and symbols. The plastic itself is just a solid color.

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal