collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: On Nirvana Backcards  (Read 2899 times)

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
Re: On Nirvana Backcards
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2018, 09:09:46 AM »
INCEPTION is the right word :lmao:

Now it if funny you mention the Bubbles and co card, I remember when I first started collection back in 2003 wondering what on earth was going on with the Pegasus and Rainbows being shown on the same card! "That is not what I remember" I thought. As a child, I absolutely recall the "Earth" set being a thing on their own and their own card showing Apple, Bow, Blossom, Cotton, Bubbles and Seashell. I also recall the leaflets as well showing them only. I remember, as child, discussing with my next door neighbour "How come there are two sets with Applejack and Bowtie" why was she shy pose and collectors pose :lol: I ended up giving her my shy pose Apple as her Bowtie was lonely (I had a CP Apple to match my CP Bow).

My UK carded Starshine does have a date on it, 1984 :) and the name is on the front of the card in the bottom left corner, right where the bubble would rip off! I have seen UK carded Moonstone and her card is identical except for the name on the front in the same place. Pretty Generic.

I cannot comment o nthe Seaponies, I only had one and i have always struggled to "pin them down" in any sort of form  :blush: I have the same issue with other ponies too, i guess my brain can only hold so much information.

That carded Bow looks awfully familiar  :shocked: I need to have another search, something is bothering me and I think it's Scandinavian.

I have always had the feeling the UK was just slightly ahead of the rest of Europe release wise and slightly behind the US.

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2018, 09:20:56 AM »
My brain is only good for remembering completely useless information to normal and daily life, thus pony names and data stays in there while phone numbers do not...;)

The card for Bubbles would've been like this (this is Blossom's):
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

So that's probably what you remember :D

One of the reasons I knew our rainbow card was vertical was because my mother remembers it vividly. I showed her a US card I remember and she said, no, it's the wrong way around. Windy being my first pony, she chose her because she thought them pretty, and she said that it was vertical. And then those came up on ebay and I knew what she meant. There are similarities with the art of both cards compared to the US card, but it's still redrawn. And the UK year 2 insert set has hair bows and braids added in which is a nice touch lacking in the original art.

I think you're probably right with timescale although it's complicated by the insertion of sets we didn't have for whatever reason. I wonder maybe MLP took off more slowly here or there were problems in the customs fees or I don't even know what it was, but knowing those ponies appeared on UK marked cards but in other countries makes me think they were cancelled at the last minute and sent overseas, rather than never intended for here. And that may also explain why some European countries made their own versions, because distribution of these ponies would otherwise have been cut off there as well.

It's a theory.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2018, 10:13:12 AM »
That is the card I indeed remember ^.^ From that particular set I had Apple, Bubbles and Blossom (got her when I had Measles). Cotton was my first pony, she is CF and I cannot remember which card she came on and nor do I have any helpful pictures (my parents usually took a picture of me with birthday/Christmas hauls) and I know I got Cotton for my birthday from the girl next door (the one who I mention previously)

I knew that Bowtie card looked familiar!

This thread started by discussing stickers and the thread develops from there.

http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,371938.0.html

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2018, 10:15:40 AM »
Yeah ;) It's my Bow Tie pictured in that thread ;) though Ponyland and I were both discussing it which is why I know there are others :/

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal