collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: My Pretty Pony Customization tips?  (Read 888 times)

Offline PeachPinkPony

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Beddy Bye Eye Pony
    • View Profile
My Pretty Pony Customization tips?
« on: January 18, 2018, 05:41:25 PM »
Hopefully this isn't a redundant newbie question, but I bought a My Pretty Pony from the thrift store and it's in very good condition apart from it's bushy matted mane and tail. I was thinking it would be really cool to make her into a Bluebell, but was wondering if it is possible to re-root one of these hard plastic ponies and how one would go about doing that?

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
Re: My Pretty Pony Customization tips?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2018, 06:37:51 PM »
You'd have to take her apart without cracking the plastic, first. Unless you're willing to fix cracks, it's gonna be quite the challenge and timetaker.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2018, 06:55:41 AM »
The MLP preservation project has a good cleaning tutorial which also explains how to take her apart and all that :) http://www.mlppreservationproject.com/misc.html#MPP

She isn't rooted though, she has a line of hair. You would have to sew a weft for the mane. I also want to mention that My Pretty Ponies are rare, especially in good, working condition, and that you can fix the hair with a little elbow grease. This MPP is far from bait. They can also sell for a lot, and they are sought after. Just want to make sure you know :)

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Offline PeachPinkPony

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Beddy Bye Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2018, 10:15:49 PM »
Hmmm. Well if she really is rare, it would be a shame to customize her. Though I do like the look of pastel ponies more. But her mane and tail don't seem salvageable. It looks overly combed through and brittle. Conditioning didn't do anything for it.

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2018, 12:14:47 AM »
This type of hair damage is (sadly) typical of a My Pretty Pony.  They are 30+ years old and easily break, it's not easy to find one in working condition and I agree what you describe would hardly be considered a 'bait' toy.  Taking one apart is risky at best.  The hard plastic tends to be brittle and can stress fracture.
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2018, 07:30:58 AM »
Yeah, the hair is usually bad on MPPs. It's weird and straw textured. Try using the flat iron technique: http://www.mlppreservationproject.com/hair.html#Frizz Be really careful not to melt the hair. If the hair is okay and she is clean, she would NOT be bait whatsoever.

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal