collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: It's almost Toy Fair time!  (Read 10921 times)

Offline BerylBreeze

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
Re: It's almost Toy Fair time!
« Reply #75 on: February 19, 2018, 01:46:46 AM »
To me, their mlp display looks like it's more focused on their current variety of products instead of showing off shiny new stuff.

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 19, 2018, 02:18:05 AM »
The best gift ever set is the most disappointing. I had hoped they'd be new pony designs or something fun to go with the present theme. But it's literally just a new way to package some of the dullest blind bag ponies :/

Yeah,  when I first saw pics of just the packaging I thought Hasbro may have decided to blind box brushables.  That might not have been too bad if at least half or more were new characters.  And $5 for a blind box certainly isn't unheard of these days.  But then I saw that they were priced at $2.99 and knew they were the regular blind bags.

Past pearly/glittery releases usually used the Mane 6 molds. There seem to be a lot of new characters getting this treatment this time around.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 19, 2018, 08:15:33 AM »
I groaned when I saw that the blind boxes for the Best Gift Ever set turned out to just be more translucent/glittery blind bags. We've had soo many series with that gimmick that I can't keep which ones I have straight.

Same here u__u; I figured they'd be replacing the blind bags but I was hoping for a new mold or SOMETHING more than just the same old same old. I wonder which molds they used for Flim and Flam, the old wave 8 (or was it 9?) molds or the newer FiM Collection ones.. ohhh I just found a pic and it looks like they're the FiM Collection molds, interesting. Starswirl appears to be the FiM char instead of the blue/purple pony also called Starswirl (I hate all these reused names...).. and I thought the official spelling of Big Mac's name was "Big McIntosh", but the box spells it "MacIntosh" here? Mind you, it also spells Cheese's name "Cheese Sandwhich" so maybe they just didn't proofread the box XP

They're really pushing those CMCrew figures, huh. Dunno how I feel about them, really, I can go either way on them.

Welp, it's a shame there's not more new characters but two new chars, one being a boy, is better than nothing, I guess. And I do love that Starlight/Trixie figure ^_^ So, I'm happy enough with what was shown.

Offline Wardah

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 20, 2018, 12:36:55 PM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bfbg6E5h-_S/

In the 3rd picture you can see Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy have some kind of design on them. I think they are similar to the Rarity seen further back in this thread with a glittery diamond design on her side and the 4 ponies with glitter designs that are currently on Entertainment Earth. I wish someone had taken better pics of their sparkly sides.

Av by Moonflower.

Online Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 20, 2018, 12:46:15 PM »
Have any new Guardians of Harmony/Fan Series sets been announced at Toy Fair?

Ponyfan

Nope.  Just had the Twilight/tempest one and the Starlight/Trixie one that was already announced.

I thought the Guardians of Harmony/Fan series were great. :) I was hoping we might get a couple more releases of them.

I do agree with others that the G4 line seems to be winding down based on how much we've seen at Toy Fair.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline mopthebunny

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Oooh, who lives in a pineapple under the sea?
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 20, 2018, 01:45:49 PM »

Ponyfan

Nope.  Just had the Twilight/tempest one and the Starlight/Trixie one that was already announced.

I thought the Guardians of Harmony/Fan series were great. :) I was hoping we might get a couple more releases of them.

I do agree with others that the G4 line seems to be winding down based on how much we've seen at Toy Fair.

Ponyfan

Do you think they might be holding some new toys back for now?

Signature by LordBlumiere

Online Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 20, 2018, 02:01:45 PM »
Those Plushies are actually really cute!

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

Offline Jocelyn

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 20, 2018, 06:01:22 PM »
Ah, I was hoping for a general release GoH Rarity and Fluttershy. I suppose having a truly fabulous articulated herd will not be possible. At this point, all that interests me now is coming from Yhe Bridge Direct. Glory will definitely be mine :)

Offline MoonShadow

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
    • Youtube!
« Reply #83 on: February 20, 2018, 06:32:55 PM »
Here's a video of Hasbro's pony booth:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uz0w3ZZH6o

Looks like that really was everything...  I think G4 is definitely winding down unless Hasbro is holding stuff back or the store exclusives are interesting. Who knows if TRU will have anything after bankruptcy and all the store closings...  On the bright side, I am really excited about the retro re-releases! They couldn't look better! 

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #84 on: February 20, 2018, 06:53:00 PM »
Here's a video of Hasbro's pony booth:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uz0w3ZZH6o

Looks like that really was everything...  I think G4 is definitely winding down unless Hasbro is holding stuff back or the store exclusives are interesting. Who knows if TRU will have anything after bankruptcy and all the store closings...  On the bright side, I am really excited about the retro re-releases! They couldn't look better!
Pff..."Regular Land Pony" is such a funny way to refer to the ponies.
I wonder how the bobblehead plush don't fall over, they look like they'd be pretty top heavy. Maybe they used beans in the body?
I'd have to get the molded figures for sure, even if I'm mane Sick they'll look so nice when G4 has wound down and I can make displays by character.
"They're facing their biggest challenge yet...which is high school." Were they in middle school? lol
You know what I would love? Affordable G1 clothes. Moschino is much too expensive.

Sig by Starscout <3

Online Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 20, 2018, 07:07:56 PM »

Ponyfan

Ponyfan

It's possible that they didn't show everything at Toy Fair but didn't we see a lot more toys at last year's Toy Fair?

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #86 on: February 20, 2018, 07:49:14 PM »
My Froggy Stuff just put a video out for the MLP side of the Fair. Pretty much though she covers what mostly has been seen in the thread already (except the G1 recreations.. but that could be due to them being in another booth)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0a54JrwZ2Cs

Also somewhere after the 4 minute mark you can find a Fluttershy with what looks like glittery symbols close to her neck, there was a Rarity too somewhere in the video with a similar look (both are brushables)
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 20, 2018, 08:16:57 PM »

Ponyfan

Ponyfan

It's possible that they didn't show everything at Toy Fair but didn't we see a lot more toys at last year's Toy Fair?

Ponyfan

Ehhh, I suppose it's possible they held some things back but the thing is that the Toy Fair is all about getting retailers to carry their products.  How are they supposed to do that if Hasbro isn't showing off what they have available?   I guess it's possible that they didn't show some store exclusives if they have already made the deal with a particular store.

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #88 on: February 20, 2018, 08:30:58 PM »
It's sorta pessimistic of me, but maybe Hasbro is dialing back MLP because they got the Power Rangers license and / or pressure from their other licensed brands that's drawing Pony resources away?

Offline Wardah

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 20, 2018, 09:24:04 PM »

Ponyfan

Ponyfan

Ponyfan

Ehhh, I suppose it's possible they held some things back but the thing is that the Toy Fair is all about getting retailers to carry their products.  How are they supposed to do that if Hasbro isn't showing off what they have available?   I guess it's possible that they didn't show some store exclusives if they have already made the deal with a particular store.

What we all see is the press area that has what the companies are most eager to get press coverage for. Most companies have a secret room that's only accessible to buyers. It's mostly where they show spoilery stuff like Hippogriff Skystar that they don't want the press to see.

Av by Moonflower.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal