collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Satin 'n Lace

have a version
17 (39.5%)
want a version
16 (37.2%)
army
0 (0%)
I'll pass
9 (20.9%)
new to me
1 (2.3%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Voting closed: January 22, 2018, 09:13:18 AM

Author Topic: POTd 1/17/18 Satin 'n Lace  (Read 1308 times)

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
POTd 1/17/18 Satin 'n Lace
« on: January 17, 2018, 09:13:18 AM »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

mylittlewiki.org

Do you have her? What do you think of her? Share some more pics!

I just have her lavender version. Would love to have her SS and magenta versions someday!

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
Re: POTd 1/17/18 Satin 'n Lace
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2018, 09:21:12 AM »
I like that she's a wedding pony who isn't white.  It makes her seem more like a 'legit' pony.

I like her better than the So-Soft version, but I like the NSS magenta version the best.  I had an amazing condition magenta one at one point but I sold her (to Taffeta, I think).  Beautiful pink hair.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2018, 09:48:09 AM »
I've got her Lavender version! I found her at the consignment toy shop near my house for $1! She was one of my earlier G1s, and she made me fall in love with the Posey Pose.
It's too cold to take a new picture but I brought her to a wedding and took pictures there.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2018, 10:27:23 AM »
tailrustedtealeaf, those photos are gorgeous! (And she appears to have the right idea in the first one, making for the cake!) :D
She's new me, I like the lavender version best but then I do generally have a weakness for purple ponies.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2018, 10:31:26 AM »
Pass. She's boring. All 3 of her.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2018, 11:22:04 AM »
Might have a slight love affair going on with this pony....  :blush:

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2018, 12:16:23 PM »
I have her so soft version and regular version. I love both I like to get the magenta one but I doubt I ever will. What gets me is this: I found her versions both in the wild in the same place. Around July my wedding month. :drunk: :whoa:

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2018, 12:21:23 PM »
I like that she's a wedding pony who isn't white.  It makes her seem more like a 'legit' pony.

I like her better than the So-Soft version, but I like the NSS magenta version the best.  I had an amazing condition magenta one at one point but I sold her (to Taffeta, I think).  Beautiful pink hair.

I definitely have a very attractive magenta one with really gorgeous pink hair, so it is more than likely that it was me. I did get her a long time ago and I know I got some ponies from you back then. :)  I think maybe one of my Dutch ponies as well? I don't remember. Long time. But if so, this is the pony maybe?

She is my favourite version of S&L too. I take good care of her (she gets the guy ;)

I think maybe it was also you who outed Cotton Candy on the insert for that pony?

I also have the others - basic lavender and fuzz.

I need to upgrade my basic one but I got her from a pony friend no longer in the community and so I'm rather attached to her :/

I wish we'd had the magenta one released here through some means. She looks like, if there was to be a 'UK version', that would be the one Hasbro would choose, given that she has no fur and she makes a statement (rather like Shady...) about not having fur...

@Marlin, your procession is amusing. It's like Tux ordered a mail order bride and something went wrong in the system...(also, two SS ones that are different - discolouration or different colour body base? Very cool).

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Marlin

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2018, 12:39:49 PM »
@Marlin, your procession is amusing. It's like Tux ordered a mail order bride and something went wrong in the system...(also, two SS ones that are different - discolouration or different colour body base? Very cool).

You know, I'd love to know! When I got the second SS, I was yah(!) and all about upgrading... and then I noticed the colour difference. I even made a post about it to get people's opinions and the response was varied. Some couldn't see the difference at all if I recall??! But the colour is completely different and completely uniform in both SS's - one is a reddish-pink, and the other girl the same colour as Magenta SnS, so either the 'redder' girl is completely discoloured, or she's a different base colour. Either way, the difference between the two is so stark that I decided to keep both!  :P  As it happens, the more I see SS SnS on ebay etc, the more I see the variation. It starts becoming quite obvious once you've seen them in the flesh :)

I found her versions both in the wild in the same place. Around July my wedding month. :drunk: :whoa:

That's very cool - and meant to be, eh?! :D

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2018, 12:42:44 PM »

You know, I'd love to know! When I got the second SS, I was yah(!) and all about upgrading... and then I noticed the colour difference. I even made a post about it to get people's opinions and the response was varied. Some couldn't see the difference at all if I recall??! But the colour is completely different and completely uniform in both SS's - one is a reddish-pink, and the other girl the same colour as Magenta SnS, so either the 'redder' girl is completely discoloured, or she's a different base colour. Either way, the difference between the two is so stark that I decided to keep both!  :P  As it happens, the more I see SS SnS on ebay etc, the more I see the variation. It starts becoming quite obvious once you've seen them in the flesh :)

I found her versions both in the wild in the same place. Around July my wedding month. :drunk: :whoa:

That's very cool - and meant to be, eh?! :D

@ Skycakes - and did she end up on your cake? ;)

@Marlin - interesting! Wish I'd seen that thread. There's always so much debate about colour differences but I think it's probably what you said. I've seen it with the Sparkle ponies, they're completely different in terms of not only colour but symbol print, and even glitter density O.o. so why not Satin and Lace? Hard to tell when she's furry, but no reason for her not to be different...

Very awesome either way :D They're all really pretty <3
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Gator

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2018, 01:01:09 PM »
Marlin, I too have a SnL army!  We must have similar likes/tastes!  I have two SS's, 3-4 magentas, and several lavender versions.  I don't have a photo though.  I should compare my two so softs and look for any differences.

Offline Marlin

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2018, 01:05:03 PM »

@Marlin - interesting! Wish I'd seen that thread. There's always so much debate about colour differences but I think it's probably what you said. I've seen it with the Sparkle ponies, they're completely different in terms of not only colour but symbol print, and even glitter density O.o. so why not Satin and Lace? Hard to tell when she's furry, but no reason for her not to be different...

Thank you :)

And I found it - the thread I mentioned - and it seems most were leaning towards batch variation which is what I ultimately concluded as well. I guess we'll never know for certain, but as you say there is so much variation on certain lines, SnS might not have been exempt! :)  One of the reasons I wanted to track that thread down is it had pics of flocking rubbed areas that show the colour a bit better.

http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,385244.msg1628432.html#msg1628432

Marlin, I too have a SnL army!  We must have similar likes/tastes!  I have two SS's, 3-4 magentas, and several lavender versions.  I don't have a photo though.  I should compare my two so softs and look for any differences.

3-4 Magentas!!??    :dropjaw:  Lucky!! (she's my fav out of the three  :biggrin: :biggrin: ;) )

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2018, 01:20:22 PM »

Thank you :)

And I found it - the thread I mentioned - and it seems most were leaning towards batch variation which is what I ultimately concluded as well. I guess we'll never know for certain, but as you say there is so much variation on certain lines, SnS might not have been exempt! :)  One of the reasons I wanted to track that thread down is it had pics of flocking rubbed areas that show the colour a bit better.

http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,385244.msg1628432.html#msg1628432

And apparently I posted in it. My only defence is that I was in Japan at the time of that thread, and I think specifically travelling between Kansai, Chuugoku and north Kyuushuu so probably was not paying as much attention as I normally would. I love things like this...I have a bunch of ponies I kept for this exact reason (like my childhood Sailaway (US name, Hula Hula), and the US one I have which I call Hulaway, for obvious reasons...)

Still very interesting, glad you kept both :)

@Gator...four? Really? Wow O.O. That's commitment.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Marlin

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2018, 01:25:50 PM »

And apparently I posted in it.

Lol!!  ^.^ ^.^

Still very interesting, glad you kept both :)

Me too :)  My Tux n Tails is one lucky lad!  ;)

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2018, 01:28:07 PM »
I think I have one in my sales box?  I don't remember...
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal