collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Cleaning fabric Daffidazey Cutie Mark?  (Read 420 times)

Offline SolarFlower

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Bratz Pony
  • Catch a kite and you catch a wish!
    • View Profile
Cleaning fabric Daffidazey Cutie Mark?
« on: January 16, 2018, 02:51:23 PM »
I just got a GREAT haul at the Savers in my area, including a very dirty Daffidazey. :D Most of the dirt is nothing that a magic eraser won't fix, but I'm a little wary of trying to clean/brighten her cutie mark.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

It actually looks okay in the photo, but it's a bit grungy and dingy in person. So here's my questions:

1. Is there any sort of soap or detergent I can clean it with without accidentally removing the glitter?
2. Is there a way to temporarily remove the whole flower for easier cleaning?
3. Is it worth trying to dye a bit to brighten the colors?

And look at her hair:

That's gonna take a lot of conditioner... :blink:

Offline Mlp Sunsparkle

• Colorswirl Pony
  • Sparkles are great, but Sunsparkles are better!
    • View Profile
Re: Cleaning fabric Daffidazey Cutie Mark?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2018, 03:23:16 PM »
Hi!
congratulations on your finds!
1. I’m not sure what soap would do to it, hopefully someone else has tried and can help you out  ^.^
2. As far as I know all 3D symbols are firmly anchored in place inside, and it probably won’t go back in, so I wouldn’t recommend it.
3. I wouldn’t try to dye the fabric. As it’s net (ish), the dye will likely run through it and get on the pony.

As for the hair, you can do it!! Just get it soaked and use tons of conditioner!  I’m looking forward to seeing the end result!
Hugs,
Mlp Sunsparkle x

Sig made by: Sapphire Rain
Instagram: mlp_sunsparkle

Offline RoseNoire

• Scribbles Pony
  • pony count : 243
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2018, 04:03:31 PM »
Hi !
I didn't pay much attention to her glitter symbol and she turned out fine, she still has her glitter so I think it's well glued. I'd suggest to simply and gently rub the petals with soap, rinse, maybe repeat and you're good to go.
As for her mane, it's not harder than any other pony. Simply use a comb to "lift" the knots to the end of the mane, run your way from the roots to the end and they should go away in no time.
I then gave her a run of hair straightener, with a low setting, while her mane was still wet and full of conditioner, kept combing, hair drying and she turned out just fine. =)

Spoiler

Rusty/frizzy pony restoration tutorial
Drink'n'wet pony restoration tutorial
G3 Twist and Style petal parlor thorough cleaning
My collection | My drawings
-> Made by Witchvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
-> Made by Starrynights

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2018, 01:28:01 PM »
I don't think the hair looks so very bad. She even has some original curly in there still, which you may want to be careful with if you groom when wet (maybe comb around your finger if you want to keep it, unless you are going to fully restyle her). But I have definitely good good results on much worse hair than that, and I never use anything but shampoo, and then a very careful painstaking brush and comb (no heat, no appliances, nothing like that). So it's far from hopeless, I think she'll look great when you're done.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline 13blackcats

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2018, 08:54:24 PM »
I have a Daffidazey as well, but I haven't really cleaned that one up. My plan with mine is to simply get some soapy water, dip, slosh then rinse. Mine's symbol though isn't as grungy as your's, though, so that would undoubtedly take care of it for me. I wonder how oxy clean in water would work for you? I have no idea what effect that would have on the glitter.

Her hair, I agree, is not that bad! I have a Rainbow Flash who's hair looked horrific. 20 minutes of super careful combing with conditioner still in, after letting that sit for 20 minutes before combing, and I was very pleased. So, you can totally do this! :D
:happy: :awake: :enthralled: :accomplished: :good:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal