collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Care Bears- Where to start?  (Read 491 times)

Offline poniesthatsparkle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • TAF Enthusiast
    • View Profile
Care Bears- Where to start?
« on: January 15, 2018, 10:21:22 AM »
I've recently become interested in collecting Care Bears. I've got a few laying around, but I've never really been serious about collecting them until now.

I'd like price checks for:
2002 Cheer Bear small plush w/ tags
2002 Grumpy Bear small plush w/ tags
80s Grandma Bear action figure

How much are the 80s plush/action figures typically worth? I've come across several selling for $10-20 at flea markets but I haven't picked any up out of fear of paying too much.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Shy Violet

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: Care Bears- Where to start?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2018, 07:38:39 PM »
Welcome to Care Bear collecting! I collect the 80's bears and the 25th Anniversary Bears. Most of my collection was from garage sales and flea markets in the late 90's and I bought my Anniversary Bears new in store back when they were being released. I do however some across lots of Care Bears in thrift stores. I've been able to upgrade a few for less than $5. For the more rare bears I was missing I've had to buy on ebay or facebook groups. From my ebay browsing they don't seem very expensive except for certain ones. I think spending $10-$20 on a good condition bear at the flea market is perfectly reasonable. Sorry I can't help with the price checks but I think it is an easier collection to get at an affordable price.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2018, 02:27:09 PM »
If it wasnt ponies...it would be Care Bears for me on the collection front. I still get really tempted to start and the price point is great. For me I would (and no doubt will one day :P) start with the original cuddly line up (especially Grumpy...cause he is the best!)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline svleonard

• Trade Count: (+194)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2018, 07:11:21 PM »
I've recently become interested in collecting Care Bears. I've got a few laying around, but I've never really been serious about collecting them until now.

I'd like price checks for:
2002 Cheer Bear small plush w/ tags
2002 Grumpy Bear small plush w/ tags
80s Grandma Bear action figure

How much are the 80s plush/action figures typically worth? I've come across several selling for $10-20 at flea markets but I haven't picked any up out of fear of paying too much.

2002 Cheer with tags: $8 (unless the tags are bent up)
2002 Grumpy with tags: $8-10
80s Grandma action figure: not sure, probably about $5 or more if in near mint/mint condition. I sold a MOC one with a creased card and yellow bubble a couple of years ago for $10. Sometimes the small, plastic poseable figures can actually sell for more than the larger vintage plushes if they are in good condition and/or come with the original accessories.

I am not super up to date on Care Bear prices, but this is what I would expect.

[merge ~ double post ~ hathorcat]

As for the vintage plushes, they are not actually worth that much. If they are in mint/near mint condition with no tummy picks, odors, and still have tush tags, then maybe about $10-15, depending on the bear. Grumpy Bear and Good Luck Bear are more popular, I think. There are a handful of European exclusives that can go for much more.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 02:38:00 PM by hathorcat »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal