collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Does anyone care about G2 ?  (Read 9376 times)

Offline Lucky_Ladybug

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters and 5Ds forever!
    • View Profile
    • Lucky Ladybug's Library
Re: Does anyone care about G2 ?
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2018, 03:18:22 AM »
I love them! :) I was over the moon when they came out. I didn't care that they looked different from G1; they were My Little Pony and that was good enough for me. I never had gotten over the ache of G1 ending, so G2 filled the hole nicely. Wish it had lasted longer....

Offline Dreamer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2018, 07:15:32 AM »
I like them...

Offline Mareacooda

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2018, 10:57:41 AM »
I bought nearly every G2 that was available here, sadly we didn't get nearly the variety that Europe did.  I'm not sure why they didn't go over well - wrong place, wrong time?  A lack of shelf-appeal?  Price points?  Some of the playsets in particular were overpriced for what you got.   I'm looking at you 'Friendship Gardens', aka barely disguised reissue of LPS Zoo. 
I feel the reason flop in USA is due mold designs and they didn't appeal to kids... Alot USA kids grow up so fast want technology toys to want a teen... I recall books that I read in middle school toward high school that now gear younger audition...

Offline plushroo

• Trade Count: (+252)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • princess Cotton Candy
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2018, 04:21:54 PM »
I do! They're the last generation I'm trying to complete now. I've gotten about 100 in the last few months for my collection and still need 30 or so before I'm done. They are so hard to come by since they didn't sell all of them here in the states and so trying to track down any for a good price without the shipping cost being a killer is proving difficult for me. Not to mention the many variation of some in different body poses that make getting them all the more challenging.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2018, 09:28:48 PM »
Some of the playsets in particular were overpriced for what you got.   I'm looking at you 'Friendship Gardens', aka barely disguised reissue of LPS Zoo. 

That playset was the WORST.  Hardly came with any accessories, DIDN'T COME WITH A PONY, and, yeah, lazily disguised LPS item.

I feel like they didn't play up the magic aspect enough at first?  Which may be a strange thing to say about talking, multi-colored horses, but I dunno.  They seemed much more separate from 'traditional fantasy', up until they started doing things like the G2 princess ponies.  But sadly they were already dead in the US by that point.

I also think having a bunch of unicorns and pegasus ponies would have helped.  Never understood why G2 and G3 were so sparing with them.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Moonbreeze

• Trade Count: (+202)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 nut
    • View Profile
    • My personal site
« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2018, 03:53:22 AM »
Some of the playsets in particular were overpriced for what you got.   I'm looking at you 'Friendship Gardens', aka barely disguised reissue of LPS Zoo. 

That playset was the WORST.  Hardly came with any accessories, DIDN'T COME WITH A PONY, and, yeah, lazily disguised LPS item.

I feel like they didn't play up the magic aspect enough at first?  Which may be a strange thing to say about talking, multi-colored horses, but I dunno.  They seemed much more separate from 'traditional fantasy', up until they started doing things like the G2 princess ponies.  But sadly they were already dead in the US by that point.

I also think having a bunch of unicorns and pegasus ponies would have helped.  Never understood why G2 and G3 were so sparing with them.

Myeah, the carry case was kinda bad :P It did come with a pony, but only as a Spanish exclusive >.<

I would have loved to have some proper pegasi in the G2 line, although I'm happy enough that they had dragons, even if there only were two  :)

Offline Elfpony

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+71)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2018, 04:09:05 AM »
Agreed, there should always be more unicorns and pegasi!  I think the lack of a cartoon to support the line maybe didn't help with sales in North America too.

I love the G2s as well, and have been slowly collecting them. I wish I'd had more money to spend when they were in stores and shipping from Europe was cheaper. (But I just bought 5 more from France last week and I'm excited to see them arrive!)

Elf

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2018, 04:18:03 AM »
Got the G2 kitchen playset today (only missing pan and comb) and all I can say is : I LOOOOOOVE IT!! Its so cute <3 I agree though, some playsets are odd and boring.

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2018, 11:36:35 AM »

Myeah, the carry case was kinda bad :P It did come with a pony, but only as a Spanish exclusive >.<

I would have loved to have some proper pegasi in the G2 line, although I'm happy enough that they had dragons, even if there only were two  :)

It really was terrible.  The dang rainbow pieces that came with the ponies didn't even fit on the fence posts they designed for it!  That was one of several reasons I ended up returning mine to Toys R' Us.  Cheap, minimal accessories and stickers too.  And ugly to boot - honestly that front panel would have been better as a sticker (like the baby bonnet school of dance) than the low-relief plastic in eye burning pink.
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Trade Count: (+76)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2018, 11:42:13 AM »
I grew up with G1 ponies, so when G2 came into play. I was livid. My beloved ponies had changed and I wanted nothing to do with them....fastford to about now, I found I G2 in the wild, with a hair cut...but I loved the interesting colorations. Not sure it’s name to this day, but I love him. Just got a group of G2. Ponies and kept one, because I loved the colors. I have a feeling this is a road towards expanding my desired collection:)
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445
Facebook: Voices by Share

Offline Khoufu

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Waterfire is best pony. \\//,
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2018, 11:50:47 AM »
I got G2 Skyskimmer new when I was 4, and she and Ivy are still in better condition than any of my other ponies that I've had nearly as long. I don't actively collect them but I think G2 look nice. They're like the teenager generation.
:enraged:   PM for a link to my Retro MLP group on Telegram!   
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Online Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2018, 02:11:13 PM »
Yes, I love G2's! Especially the twins.

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2018, 03:03:39 AM »
I like G2 ponies. I only had three in my childhood can't remember two of the names, I only remember Morning Glory. I so want to collect them again, but have to get rid of some of my G1 ponies that I Rerooted (only the ones I don't need).

Main G2 ponies I'm interested in are the princesses, and baby ponies. Plus the Prince ponies.

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

Offline Bebopgroove

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • Esoterous
« Reply #43 on: January 26, 2018, 07:59:15 AM »
I previously didn't have any, but had been meaning to aquire some for a while. I recently discovered that I live in the same area as Ponypunk83  :happy: We had a pony-party, and she gave me a few of her extra G2s to start with  :frolic: :frolic:

My Wattpad | Flickr gallery (coming soon)
PSN: bebopgroove
Xbox: bebopgroove

Offline poniesthatsparkle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • TAF Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 26, 2018, 11:28:04 AM »
I love G2s but sadly I don't own any except for a McD's Light Heart. Too bad they're so difficult to find in the US.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal