collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Winger wings?  (Read 726 times)

Offline Luxrayx

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
Winger wings?
« on: January 14, 2018, 06:32:41 AM »
Inspired by Crowning Glory's flimsy wing contest, I bought myself a rather sorry-looking Glow with no wings, and wanted to try making her some new ones. Can I just print a wing pattern onto a transparency sheet and cut it out, or will that not be solid enough? Also, has anyone made a template for original-looking wings, or do I have to draw them myself? I'd appreciate any tips :)

Offline Safflower

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
Re: Winger wings?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2018, 07:47:36 AM »
You can maybe take a picture on your computer screen and gently trace it on a piece of paper. Then you can cut out two mirrored pieces of plastic on it (the plastic can be from packaging, soda bottles, take out, and can be what ever thickness you deem fit). Then you could use nail polish or some other way to color them. Another method you could try is to take an image, and trace over it in a drawing program or some program where you can trace and color things then delete the actual image. Then select your wing, make a copy, and then flip it. Then you can print on to a transparency sheet and cut them out :) Or you could make them like Hasbro did. Print some wing colors on to transparency sheet and cut them out. Then glue it on the plastic with clear glue. After that is dry cut the plastic and you will have sturdy wings :) Adding an extra plastic layer would make the transparency sheet a lot sturdier if you have concerns about that.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Offline Luxrayx

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2018, 08:39:33 AM »
Thank you Safflower! I traced over a picture of Glow's wings, I might as well post it here in case anyone else needs it.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I still need the square bit that connects the two wings, does anyone know the exact size of it?
So if I add the other wing and the square bit, then print them onto a transparency sheet, and glue that onto a bit of plastic, I'll have something that's both accurate and sturdy. Sounds good :D

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2018, 04:42:33 PM »
I sell replacement wings for all the Summer and Windy Wing ponies on Etsy ;)

https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/shadowonthemoon?ref=seller-platform-mcnav&section_id=11946191

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2018, 09:05:52 AM »
I have a full template of Flitter's wings that I have made. I use the template mostly now just to resize custom wings when I actually do them XD
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal