collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Are there meetups organized that aren't for the annual Pony Fair?  (Read 307 times)

Offline Mana Minori

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
There's an aquaintance of mine who expressed a desire to go to a pony con, and since those are rather steep in pricing, I am wondering whether there are any organzed group meetups on a smaller scale for fans/collectors of the oder gens. All I've found are ones for FiM.

Area of interest: SoCal
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 08:11:02 AM by nightmare muffin »
formerly nightmare muffin

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Re: Are there meetups organized that aren't for the annual Pony Fair?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2018, 07:04:06 AM »
There are smaller-scale meets when people are able to host and plan them.  Check the Pony Fairs subforum, that's where all that info lives:

http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/board,187.0.html
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Aurora

• Wingless Flutter Pony
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: Are there meetups organized that aren't for the annual Pony Fair?
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2018, 07:39:33 AM »
Expanding on Squirmy, because I love Pony Meets!

If you live near Minnesota, we are pretty active! The pony fairs forum seems to focus more on the big fairs, sometimes the smaller state/region ones don't make it on there.
If you are hoping to find someone near you, you should put your state/region into the topic line.

Many years ago, I went to the Wisconsin Meet, and it was amazing... I wanted more! So I put up a post here, planned a day, borrowed a small local building, and invited all my pony pals. Since then, our group has tripled, I have new friends, and hilarity has ensued. We have it at people's houses now, and I know I look forward to them for months.

You don't have to be that elaborate, either. You can see if anyone is in your area (ask on the arena!) Who wants to meet for coffee or at a local toy store.

You will probably have to drive a little ways- I crossed Wisconsin once, so two hours to the big city isn't bad at all!

Be careful, though. These things are addicting!
Thanks so much to Calico_Star for her beautiful work on my Avatar!
**want list**  **for sale**

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal