collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Need Advice- Possible Scammer Made a Purchase From Me *rainydancer86-3*  (Read 3340 times)

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Re: Need Advice- Possible Scammer Made a Purchase From Me
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2018, 01:29:35 PM »
Also makes me wonder if she has a friend here on the arena who lurks around to warn her to see if anyone caught on.
Assuming that the admins can block IP addresses.

Very likely.  As much as the admins CAN and DO block by IP, they cannot always weed all the bad ones out :(

If it meant that this seller doesn't have to deal with the problem then whoever it is has the power to make her cancel auctions...that's not a bad thing. If posts like this mean that someone in that individual's life gets a red flag and starts trying to limit damage then that's better for everyone. It's not perfect, but it's better than a seller getting a really tough ride. So in this case, if that did happen, it's probably for the best.

And that's why there is always a silver lining!  :)  Because we got this info!
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: Need Advice- Possible Scammer Made a Purchase From Me
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2018, 02:51:17 PM »
Also makes me wonder if she has a friend here on the arena who lurks around to warn her to see if anyone caught on.
Assuming that the admins can block IP addresses.

Very likely.  As much as the admins CAN and DO block by IP, they cannot always weed all the bad ones out :(

We can and we do block or ban using a variety of different means - however people who scam are sneaky by their very nature and will always use every trick in the book to get past us. I can assure everyone we try our best and we have the very best gatekeeper in the land in our own Stomper...but sometimes people can elude us.

However, its worth remembering the Arena is still one of the major all-gen pony forums in the world - if you collect ponies you are likely to keep coming here to check things out. Just because someone has read this post does not necessarily mean they are a member it can be read without membership.

Are you allowed to post the city she was in?  Not the street address, but the city?  :)

City is fine...as long as its not a 2 street town and its almost virtually the same as her address. :P

I have added the ebay user to the title to make this more searchable on the forum and the interwebs.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Christahope

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • Depends Pony
  • Moondancer is best pony
    • View Profile
Re: Need Advice- Possible Scammer Made a Purchase From Me *rainydancer86-3*
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2018, 08:19:03 PM »
I was going to say I've come on here before and not been logged in. I can read all the text, but images are blocked. They may not be a member, but keeping an eye out.

The buyer's location is listed as Delray Beach, FL which is down near West Palm and Boca Raton.

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2018, 10:24:14 AM »
  I think it was a very good idea for you to notify us of this Christahope.  All we can do is keep a record of the latest information and hope that the information we do have will protect the community somewhat.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 10:25:46 AM by tulagirl »

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline Thunderwing

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+171)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/springwater_valley/home.html
« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2018, 04:44:26 PM »
I find it amazing that a person can commit fraud at this level and nothing is done. My question is, has anyone actually TRIED to have charges filed against her?

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2018, 09:13:05 PM »
I find it amazing that a person can commit fraud at this level and nothing is done. My question is, has anyone actually TRIED to have charges filed against her?

I was wondering the same thing.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal