TCB > Trader & Shipping Support

Need Advice- Possible Scammer Made a Purchase From Me *rainydancer86-3*

(1/8) > >>

Christahope:
Hello all! I'm looking to get some advice. I made a sale of a rather pricey pony and I have a bad feeling this is the very well known scammer Brooke Kutik. I'm saying possible scammer in the title, but all signs point to it being her. They sent a message prior to buying asking if I would take a lower amount. I was still asleep, but they went ahead and purchased the pony without waiting for a response. When I printed the postage a little while ago the name didn't set off any alarms nor did the buyer ID. It wasn't until after when I checked the Paypal payment that I noticed the buyer's name there is a Don Kutik located on the east coast of Florida not far from where she was last reported. I'm guessing this could be a play on her old ID Dawn Kutik. The postage I printed out has tracking, but I had also added signature confirmation so it will have to be signed for to get it. The address is confirmed with Paypal as well. As the post offices are closed I haven't actually mailed the pony out yet. My question is, How so do you think I should proceed and do you have any advice? I'll add the ebay ID and the city location if it's agreed that this is indeed Brooke. Thank you all in advance!

Water Lily:
Hi there! Have you actually recieved the payment? If so, I think tracking and needing a sig to recieve will keep you safe as you will be able to know when it has arrived to them. Not sure if I missed anything else, but at the point all ends are covered, you should be safe to send

LadyMoondancer:
Could you share the eBay ID?  I want to block them immediately, ha ha.  A "Don" Kutik in Florida who collects ponies . . . yeah, I do not believe in that many coincidences.

My advice is . . . do not send a pony to this person.  Refund them, block them, and relist the pony.  She ran sooo many scams, it is just not worth the risk.  It is your RIGHT as a seller to refuse a sale in cases like this.

Edit:  I did some research and it turns out a buyer can still leave you feedback if you cancel and refund a transaction, so it would be risking a negative.  So you would have to decide if it was worth the risk . . . It's up to you.  Do keep in mind that if you send her the pony and things go bad, YOU cannot leave HER negative feedback.  So unfortunately there is no way to warn other sellers if she tries a scam, other than on boards like this.

If you do send her the pony:

Your biggest risk is if she files a SNAD (Item Significantly Not As Described.)  Unfortunately there is really not much you can do to protect yourself from that as a seller.  eBay almost always sides with the buyer, even when they don't offer proof.  If she files a SNAD, demand that she returns the pony (instead of offering a partial refund, etc.)  She wants her money back? Then she gets her money back.  But she doesn't get to keep the pony.

If she at any point threatens to neg you (like "if you don't give me a partial refund I will have to give you a negative"), report her to eBay.  That is feedback extortion and eBay WILL side with you.

Also ONLY communicate with her through eBay's message system, not through private emails, etc.

SpaceButtPonies:
You could always record yourself sending out the package? By showing the address and tracking info, then toss it in the going out bin. Just an idea but it may help your case if anything happens.

lovesbabysquirmy:
Oh geez she's still out there...  :(  PLEASE keep us updated!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version