collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: International eBay shipping question  (Read 822 times)

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
International eBay shipping question
« on: January 13, 2018, 05:47:29 PM »
I have a problem. I sold a couple ponies on eBay. I combined shipping. It was a U.S. address. Then all of a sudden the buyer paid them separately and a Canadian address is being used. What do I do? I messaged the buyer that I'm going to have to resend the invoice. So far no response from them.

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: International eBay shipping question
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2018, 02:26:23 AM »
Is the canadian address registered with ebay? I think you are supposed to send to the officially registered address. At the very least you're probably safe to change the invoice because they changed the address, but I would contact ebay and check about registered addresses if you have any doubts. Some people do use multiple addresses (I have a home one and a university one) for legit reasons, but it's worth being sure about that first and foremost, before you deal with the possible extra costs of shipping internationally.

What did you mean about paying separately? Not through ebay or for the items separate from each other? Or do you mean not paying attention to your invoice? Does that impact on how much they sent you for shipping vs your invoice? If they paid for them separately did they pay more shipping overall anyway?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2018, 06:03:53 AM »
Is the canadian address registered with ebay? I think you are supposed to send to the officially registered address. At the very least you're probably safe to change the invoice because they changed the address, but I would contact ebay and check about registered addresses if you have any doubts. Some people do use multiple addresses (I have a home one and a university one) for legit reasons, but it's worth being sure about that first and foremost, before you deal with the possible extra costs of shipping internationally.

What did you mean about paying separately? Not through ebay or for the items separate from each other? Or do you mean not paying attention to your invoice? Does that impact on how much they sent you for shipping vs your invoice? If they paid for them separately did they pay more shipping overall anyway?

It wouldn't let me change anything because she already paid. When I sent the invoice, her address had a U.S. address, so I combined shipping. Then when she went to pay, she paid them separately, and eBay gave her free shipping to Canada on each item (I mean, WHAT!?!?!?).

So, what I ended up doing was cancelling the sale (because eBay gives an option for cancelling because of a problem with an address). But when you do that, eBay won't give you the option to send a new invoice.

In the meanwhile, my buyer went into her Paypal and made sure she had her U.S. address in there (she has a U.S. P.O. Box). And she had to re-buy the ponies and it wouldn't let me combine shipping, so I had to just refund her the extra. It was a pain that lasted several hours. I'm surprised my buyer didn't give up after I cancelled the sale and refunded her.  But she hung in there and we finally got it sorted in the wee hours of the morning.

I have never run into this problem before, but if I were to run into it again, is there any easier solution?

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2018, 11:14:47 AM »
I have never heard of this before, but it sounds like your buyer just hit the wrong address on her paypal. I've done that with amazon and sent things home instead of London, and then I had to remember to take my japanese address off when I got back home, because, yeah...

I guess she wanted the items so it all ended well. But I don't know that ebay is prepared for that kind of setup. Short of checking with the buyer before sending an invoice about a shipping address...but how can you know if it says they're registered in the US? I don't think you can really avoid it :/ It sounds like human error, and ebay isn't really designed for that...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2018, 01:53:06 PM »
Yeah, if eBay would have just let me send the invoice again after she got her address sorted out in PayPal, everything would have been OK. But since it wouldn't let me, it became a hassle instead. I wish they could make it a little more user-friendly for problems like these!

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2018, 01:54:15 PM »
Yeah, if eBay would have just let me send the invoice again after she got her address sorted out in PayPal, everything would have been OK. But since it wouldn't let me, it became a hassle instead. I wish they could make it a little more user-friendly for problems like these!

Miss the days of streamlined ebay and paypal :/ The current system has a ton of holes. I'm glad it worked out for you both in the end though.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal