collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: For once I have some news that can go here and not in WYP!  (Read 1670 times)

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
Re: For once I have some news that can go here and not in WYP!
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2018, 04:02:50 PM »
Good for you!
Long commutes - you will get used to them soon, the route will get more familiar... just blast some groovy tunes out loud to start you day!
Half the battle of getting used to a new job is also getting used to the new commute - I once worked in Bracknell and wow did I get lost around the tangled housing estates when I first drove up there! So stressful!  :lol:

I'm commuting Cambridge to Harpenden, thank heavens for the sat. nav! I did it in 1h24 on Friday morning. I've just ordered a cable to sort the music situation out, Radio 2 is all very well but I think that after weeks on end it would drive me crazy  :lol:

Congatulations! I used to have a 1,5 hour commute by bus. People thought it was crazy but if one really likes the job I think it's worth hit (I do however prefer the 17 minute bikeride I have today).

I've just given up a 15 minute bike ride unfortunately, how long did you stick out the bus commute?

Congratulations, Artie :) I'm really happy for you :) And it's always good to reward yourself week by week in a new job. It helps as an incentive, so I hope you really enjoyed your wine ;)

Thank you Taffeta,  yes I did! What I miss giving up an extra 2.5 hours each day is the head space to do other projects, but luckily my job is quite interesting so it will have to be my hobby too. Hope all is well with you.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2018, 05:04:24 PM »
that is great news to hear, congrats to you.  :yippee:

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2018, 09:03:21 PM »
Congrats! I also have a long commute to work. My recommendation is getting some books on tape to listen to in the car! It helps pass the time :)

Online Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2018, 12:42:51 AM »

Congatulations! I used to have a 1,5 hour commute by bus. People thought it was crazy but if one really likes the job I think it's worth hit (I do however prefer the 17 minute bikeride I have today).

I've just given up a 15 minute bike ride unfortunately, how long did you stick out the bus commute?

About two years, then I was laid off.

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2018, 02:30:15 AM »
I guess it's relative - I was always stuck on public transport as I can't drive for navigational reasons, and transport back home is literally horrible. So when I was working at the library (7 years) I would have to leave around 7.15 to start work at 9am. On a late start at 1pm, with the time of the bus with the train it meant I had to leave home at half past 11. Then I'd finish at 8 and if I didn't get a lift, wait 45 minutes for a train home, then get a lift from the station as the buses had all stopped at 6.

I felt like I was working many more hours than I was, but I ended up using the time on the station and waiting for trains and stuff to practice my kanji while I was learning Japanese. So that helped. It's not a bad idea to get something to listen to to pass the time, so long as you're careful not to let it distract you if you're driving.

When I was at uni as an undergrad my commute was 2 trains and a bus so I used to do all my reading on the train for the next class.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Littlesparklepony

• Trade Count: (+69)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2018, 06:32:45 AM »
Congrats to your new job!  :D

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2018, 09:27:32 AM »
Congrats! :o)

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2018, 01:17:00 PM »
Congrats! I also have a long commute to work. My recommendation is getting some books on tape to listen to in the car! It helps pass the time :)

I must do this! I just bought a cable for my phone to go into the radio, but I'm still dependent on my sat. nav. and need the electric plug  :blush:

Taffeta: I have navigational problems to an extent, but one day I will have my own chauffeur. Fingers crossed.

LSP and mlp4me: Thank you!

I'm in week three now can't believe it.  Still truckin'
« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 01:20:20 PM by Artemesia Floc »
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal