Pony Talk > Off Topic

Has anyone planned a multi-country European vacation before?

(1/3) > >>

LadyMoondancer:
Hey guys!  I'm excited because I have enough airline miles to fly from the US to Europe.  (I bought my used car with my credit card that gives me airline miles . . . then immediately paid the credit card off so I wouldn't have to pay interest. :P )  I'd love to do a trip through Europe, spending a few days here and a few days there.  But I'm intimidated by the prospect of planning it! 

I'd love some advice.  Right now I just feel a bit overwhelmed!  (Though still excited!)

RoseNoire:
I'd advise you to begin your trip with the Netherlands, so that your stress will go away and you can enjoy the rest of your trip. :lol:

Loa:
Many, many times my friend... as a travel agent.

My advice is to pick what you can't miss. Like, do you need to see Prague but not Paris? Need to see ANZAC cove but not the Blarney stone?
So do that first. What are your 'must dos', your 'would be nice's' and your 'nah's'.  Once you have that, you can map out your ideas.
If you want to drive it, I highly recommend checking out http://www.peugeot-openeurope.com/en/ which is deeply affordable.

My other suggestion is to look at some tour sites and see what they visit. :)

Moonbreeze:

--- Quote from: RoseNoire on January 11, 2018, 03:23:14 PM ---I'd advise you to begin your trip with the Netherlands, so that your stress will go away and you can enjoy the rest of your trip. :lol:

--- End quote ---

Lol xD (If you would like to visit the Netherlands, then please don't only go to Amsterdam! There's so much more :P)

But that aside. It's very easy to travel around in Europe. F.e. I live aprox. 4 hours away from Paris (by car). So I'd certainly not stick by one country :)

Are there countries that are a high on your list? I'm sure all the euro people would love to help you out!

LadyMoondancer:
Thanks for all the advice so far, you guys!  :D   

I am altering my plans slightly--since I have limited time I decided to split my time between England (arriving in London) and ONE country on the continent--so I'm not 'on the go' all the time, if that makes sense.  I feel like Spain or France might be good bets for side trips, since they're close to the UK?  Thoughts? 

I'm also open to other countries.  :)  Or to fitting more into my schedule if I can.  I'm just unsure how much travel time it takes to get around, I guess.

I have about a week.  Hopefully I will be making other trips in the future to see other countries!

Edit:  I am arriving and leaving from London.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version