Pony Talk > Pony Corral

Lovebeam needs... love.

(1/5) > >>

reanna-mator:
This poor girl! She was the last Colorswirl I needed, and at just $15 I just had to adopt the poor girl.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Symbols are almost gone, stripes faded, dirty, and scraggly hair. I'm not even sure where to start! In a way I'm looking forward to doing my best for her, but there comes the question...

She is not a common pony, so I wonder how far I should go in the restoration process. Repainting? Rehairing? I know it's always up to the pony's mommy/daddy, but I'd like to know: what would you do?

01mlplover:
I would just remove any marks and give her a bath and straighten her hair out and call it good. I like to keep ponies very close to original condition. I think the faded stripes makes her unique.

KottonKandy:
I’m p bad at these decisions too, but I can tell you I don’t think rehairing her would be worth it. I don’t mind rehairs, but many collectors have a problem with it and her hair looks p salvageable. Lots of conditioner and a little bit of heat (hot water, hair straightener WITH TOWELS SEPARATING HAIR FROM THE IRON) should tame the majority of that frizz. The body is where I’m just not sure. I’ll let other collectors weigh in on that part

reanna-mator:

--- Quote from: KottonKandy on January 09, 2018, 05:15:13 PM ---I’m p bad at these decisions too, but I can tell you I don’t think rehairing her would be worth it. I don’t mind rehairs, but many collectors have a problem with it and her hair looks p salvageable. Lots of conditioner and a little bit of heat (hot water, hair straightener WITH TOWELS SEPARATING HAIR FROM THE IRON) should tame the majority of that frizz. The body is where I’m just not sure. I’ll let other collectors weigh in on that part

--- End quote ---

Yeah, I figured the hair is worth a try. I've pulled off some pretty good saves with manes and tales, but the body... whew. The idea of repainting anything on a less common pony isn't an easy decision. I'm leaning toward leaving it, but having basically no symbols... I dunno.

BlackCurtains:
If it were me, I'd clean her up, leave her body as is and rehair her in complimentary colors. Pale blue and pink would look great with the pale yellow  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version