collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Do you have a favorite or 'special' pony you take with you when traveling?

I have a favorite pony I take with me on trips! (Tell us who!)
15 (51.7%)
I have a favorite pony but I don't take her with me (tell us why).
5 (17.2%)
I am not super attached to any certain pony.
5 (17.2%)
I don't like to move my ponies from their display/my pony room.
4 (13.8%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Author Topic: Do you have a pony travel buddy?  (Read 1366 times)

Offline MightyRose

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
Do you have a pony travel buddy?
« on: January 09, 2018, 01:28:56 PM »
I am curious as to whether anyone else takes a favorite pony or two if they go out of town.
I like all my ponies, but my favorite has to be Sparkler. I like her so much that her hair is usually messy from going on trips with me!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I take her along sometimes if I travel out of town, and she is apt to sometimes end up in the living room or kitchen 😂 I have never lost or misplaced her though so I am proud of that.
G1 pony goals: Merry Treats, Powder, Sunlight, Gusty, Sugarberry, Baby Sugarberry, French Moonstone, Drink 'n' Wet Baby Ponies, Birthflower ponies, baby Rainfeather!
G3: Candy Cane, Snowflake, Mistletoe, Divine Shine ponies!
Wanting to buy LPS accessories and Breyer horses!

Offline Jorgito93

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
Re: Do you have a pony travel buddy?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2018, 01:36:33 PM »
I have my fluttershy plushie from Aurora that i like to take with me when i travel, she was my first pony ever and i love her.Also my g4 twilight sparkle brushable is my buddy for my first year of med school.Those are the two defined travel buddies, but i also like to take other random ponies when i go somewhere.

Online tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2018, 01:46:11 PM »
My ponies are known to hop in backpacks and luggage, but I don't have a particular favorite. I usually just choose ponies that are fitting in an environment, like seaponies at the beach.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Sweet Daes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Glitter is my best friend.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2018, 02:40:06 PM »
Naw- I have a 15-year-old plush Sea World dolphin with a cracked eye that is my travel buddy. I have started switching him out for a Douglas pinto plush because I don't want to lose my dolphin or break the eye further.

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2018, 02:49:24 PM »
I take my Build a Bear Trixie, with me on holiday. The reason being is that I can't sleep without a cuddly.

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

Offline RavenPaw

• Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2018, 03:08:05 PM »
Aww that is such an adorable idea!  I'd love to take a pony or two with me but I'd worry too much about them getting messed up or lost.  Plus I don't really go that many places anyway.  But I do have a small Ty Rainbowdash plushie clip-on that I clipped on my purse, so she goes everywhere with me.  If that counts?  I do like having something MLP with me everywhere.

I also have a G3 Toola-Roola plushie (who I renamed Triskele) that lives on my bed and I sometimes cuddle with when I sleep.

When I do travel I always bring at least one plushie, since I sleep much better if I'm holding one.  Most often it's my Build a Bear snow leopard or my Little Foot (that I've had since I was seven).  I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who does this!  :blush:
~RavenPaw

Av base by Lady-Cybercat.  Sig base by MoogleyMog

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2018, 03:11:50 PM »
I have a few favorite ponies (Spring Song being my #1), but I don't take them out places unless I intend to take photos of them. Their hair would get too messy in my purse and when I do bring them they sometimes end up tangled in my headphone cord. :lol:

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2018, 04:19:51 PM »
I take my G4 blind bag Gardenia glow in my jacket pocket wherever I go ^.^ She isn't my favorite, but she is special! And she is small, which is always a plus :)

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2018, 04:26:04 PM »
I do! I have a Twilight Sparkle that has been with me to England, Wales, Denmark, France, and Belgium. (I didn't have her on my trip to Ireland).
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline zombienixon

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Pink Pony Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2018, 07:54:05 PM »
I've had a couple of plushies I've taken with me on overnight trips. I had a Pinkie plush at first, but I got a Build-A-Bear Celestia back in 2016 to take her place. That one is actually a duplicate, since I didn't want to mess up my other one.

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2018, 08:11:12 PM »
I would say that pony is baby surprise. I have a baity one that I take with me on trips.

Offline Saphy

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2018, 08:18:52 PM »
I misunderstood this at first so I have 2 answers
I realize it means long trips so my oc plush pearly (I altered a Walgreens Valentine's unicorn to make her. The character (a 3 year old filly) I created has nightmares if she sleeps alone so somehow in my mind it equates to if I sleep with the pl ushie neither of us will have nightmares. (I also do the same with my handmade angel pl ushie but she is Disney not pony)
However I thought at first this meant literally everywhere not just long trips. Sometimes I take a plush or figure I recently got places with me.
I also have official "carry along ponies"
There are 2 to 4 of these depending on how you look at it
My baby yoyo goes everywhere with me, so does baby rainfeather (sentimental reasons she connects me to a close friend and my story series wouldn't be a series without her as I met the friend I write with through her)
Bilgewater(my oc still customizing him but he comes mid customization), and daddy appledelight come along when i go out somewhere like a restaurant to join rain and yoyo but they do not go to work with me nor do I carry them on long work since they are bigger and more weight

Offline Honeycomb

• Looking for BB brushes and bandannas!
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+137)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Wanted: MIB FT Baby Tic Tac Toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2018, 11:54:58 PM »
Mine is Baby Surprise. I'm taking her to all new places I'm visiting. If I knew how to upload photos now, I'd share some cool ones. Sigh.

Offline aquamarinemolly

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • ig @aquamarinemolly
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2018, 07:13:17 AM »
Although I'm not super attached to any certain pony, sometimes I'll tuck a BB figure into my bag as a talisman for good vibes- Rainbow Dash when I need some extra confidence, Applejack if I know I have a long hard work day, Twilight comes with me to academic conferences and seminars, etc. I'm not superstitiously committed to this, but sometimes it's just nice to feel like I'm getting a little boost to help me focus.
ISO princess ribbons, vintage pony pins, and UK variant Glow in The Dark mane Princess Sapphire

Offline Jocelyn

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2018, 07:28:33 AM »
I don't really have a little pony traveling companion anymore, although I used to carry some little ones around with me. One of the first things my boyfriend noticed about me when he first saw me was a little Applejack sticking out of my pocket - that early one from the set with molded hair ponies, AJ, Pinkie, Twilight, Spike and Celestia. She was my favorite pony, my first pony, and I had just moved to a new city 1,000 miles from anyone I knew, so I needed her comfort. Later on an Applebloom blindbag would travel with me because I thought she was cute. I never really wanted to bring actual, full sized ponies with hair, because their hair would get messed up in my bag.

Now my travel buddy is a small stuffed dog that we rescued. He was tied to a balloon and hanging in a tree for a year, so we saved him (and cleaned him!!) Before we rescued him, we would call it the "Intrepid Explorer", like he flew in from some far away land and got stuck in the tree. So it's fitting that he explores with me now.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal