collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Scary Side of Pony  (Read 7283 times)

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: The Scary Side of Pony
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2018, 02:03:46 PM »
Not really scary-scary but cool-scary that we were able to get that good vs evil battle in Midnight Castle and the Rainbow Brite pilot with dragons, monsters and literally dark and dangerous places. The TE ponies story that made them kinda badass as the first cyborg ponies LOL Well, magiborg ponies to be precise.
That's the kind of scary I love in kids cartoons of the 80s.

What truly scares me about MLP is the fanbase, like some have already pointed out. Making these things unsafe for children to consume. I'm not thinking of anything specific  :angel:
Visually the BBEs are uncanny. But they look more stoned than scary to me.

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2018, 04:37:34 PM »
As a kid, I thought Moondancer was a bit scary.  She did put Cotton Candy in a hibernation and didn't seem the least bit sorry.  All I could wonder was how long was it before anyone noticed Cotton Candy was missing... and was Moondancer ever going to say anything about it?  And from the description, she seemed to live apart from the other ponies.  Or at least, didn't live with Cotton Candy and her friends.  It was all very suspicious.   ;)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2018, 04:42:27 PM »
Not really scary-scary but cool-scary that we were able to get that good vs evil battle in Midnight Castle and the Rainbow Brite pilot with dragons, monsters and literally dark and dangerous places. The TE ponies story that made them kinda badass as the first cyborg ponies LOL Well, magiborg ponies to be precise.

What truly scares me about MLP is the fanbase, like some have already pointed out. Making these things unsafe for children to consume. I'm not thinking of anything specific  :angel:

Your awesome sometimes Zapper.

I guess its a good thing they never made a BBE Baby Munchy. XD
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2018, 06:29:28 PM »
As a kid, I thought Moondancer was a bit scary.  She did put Cotton Candy in a hibernation and didn't seem the least bit sorry.  All I could wonder was how long was it before anyone noticed Cotton Candy was missing... and was Moondancer ever going to say anything about it?  And from the description, she seemed to live apart from the other ponies.  Or at least, didn't live with Cotton Candy and her friends.  It was all very suspicious.   ;)

The first time I read Moondancer’s backcard story I was surprised that Moondancer could do that to one of her fellow ponies as the backcard stories I remembered having were not like that.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Mami Tomoe

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • i love sprinkles
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2018, 07:10:43 PM »

guess who has a custom to make
the rusted eyes dont help
i love sprinkles
i also clean ponies so if you want a clean pony contact me

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2018, 08:06:01 PM »

guess who has a custom to make
the rusted eyes dont help

:lmao:

Offline lonewolf

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Lyra the dance master
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart account
« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2018, 03:08:21 PM »
Most fans don't think MLP is all sunshine and rainbows. Only loud-mouthed ignoramous fans think that.

<3

Also, people in the media who want to belittle girls' toys when they do compilation shows about toys in x generation. Because how could girls possibly cope with peril *gasp* ;)

I dunno, it just always really offends me when people say that about MLP, because if it had been that way, I would never have played with it. I hated all that stuff :/ but I did like playing zombie kingdoms and using my unicorns to put the fear of god into the boys who wanted to throw my ponies on the school roof :D

Real Life My Little Pony Stories from G1; playing transformers and ponies together with male cousin who was about 5-6 years younger than me. He was being obnoxious, and myself and my other girl cousin were getting annoyed with the way the story was going sooo...

Boy Cousin: Transformers are stronger and tougher than My Little Pony, your ponies have to do what my transformers say...Tansformers are...

Karen: (Interrupts by uses baby Ember to smash transformer toy.) Yea, that robot lost an arm and leg in a fight with a baby pony, sorry...your warriors are weak.

The End.
:lmao: :lmao:
Screwattack just lost their claim to the first ever Transformers vs MLP battle (that Starscream vs Rainbow Dash video).   

Yeah Newborn Cuties is pretty much the default scary thing on the brony side, but there's also what became known as the "Peruvian nightmare squad":

G1 Tirek is definitely on the list. I'd add the Timberwolves and Chimera from G4 also.

And of course this scene from To Where and Back Again:

« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 03:22:20 PM by lonewolf »

I'm the D to the E to the --- and no filly's got the moves like my big wall eyes. I'm De---licious.
Listen to this song while watching my sig: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTi11bFNdMs :P

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2018, 03:28:21 PM »

And of course this scene from To Where and Back Again:

I was going to mention that earlier but couldn't figure out how to describe it well in words. That always gets me, seeing Chrysalis turn her head around like that.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2018, 03:29:50 PM »
Eww those EQG costumes! XQ

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2018, 04:27:53 PM »
Most fans don't think MLP is all sunshine and rainbows. Only loud-mouthed ignoramous fans think that.

<3

Also, people in the media who want to belittle girls' toys when they do compilation shows about toys in x generation. Because how could girls possibly cope with peril *gasp* ;)

I dunno, it just always really offends me when people say that about MLP, because if it had been that way, I would never have played with it. I hated all that stuff :/ but I did like playing zombie kingdoms and using my unicorns to put the fear of god into the boys who wanted to throw my ponies on the school roof :D

Real Life My Little Pony Stories from G1; playing transformers and ponies together with male cousin who was about 5-6 years younger than me. He was being obnoxious, and myself and my other girl cousin were getting annoyed with the way the story was going sooo...

Boy Cousin: Transformers are stronger and tougher than My Little Pony, your ponies have to do what my transformers say...Tansformers are...

Karen: (Interrupts by uses baby Ember to smash transformer toy.) Yea, that robot lost an arm and leg in a fight with a baby pony, sorry...your warriors are weak.

The End.
:lmao: :lmao:
Screwattack just lost their claim to the first ever Transformers vs MLP battle (that Starscream vs Rainbow Dash video).   

Yeah Newborn Cuties is pretty much the default scary thing on the brony side, but there's also what became known as the "Peruvian nightmare squad":

Having nightmares already and I haven't gone to bed yet. That's terrifying. Seriously. Terrifying.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline wizzer218

• Trade Count: (+153)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • love me some pony!
    • View Profile
    • www.flyinghorsearts.com
« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2018, 09:39:30 PM »
The only Ponies I don't like are the g3.5 and TAKARA.... otherwise I like them all ... Even though I primarily collect g1 ..I do still collect the boys , nightmare moon and I like the new style

Offline Mana Minori

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2018, 10:41:41 PM »
The only Ponies I don't like are the g3.5 and TAKARA.... otherwise I like them all ... Even though I primarily collect g1 ..I do still collect the boys , nightmare moon and I like the new style
how do you not like Takaras?! There's nothing about them that is creepy!
formerly nightmare muffin

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #42 on: January 12, 2018, 02:02:16 AM »
how do you not like Takaras?! There's nothing about them that is creepy!

I don't like Takara either. I don't find them creepy but they remind me more of the Moomins than ponies. I do wish I had gathered them all up from Japanese auctions back before the rest of the world knew about buying from Japan, though...I bought so much stuff from Japan back then and a few Takara ponies now would really help me with my rent next year.

In any case, I wouldn't say they were scary ponies, but yeah, I see what wizzer means.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline hilamb

• Myrskyisä yö poni
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dreamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 13, 2018, 10:57:53 PM »
I wasnt scared as a kid of any MLP villains.

Tirek, Grogar, Squirk and Lavan were evil. Therye the baddest in my opinion. Turning the ponies in monsters, crystal and slaving them.

Princess Porcina is quite near evil too, cause she turned them into glass, but only when she saw them 'live' she felt bad. Tough she was influenced by her helpers who turned to be more evil. Arabus gets close to this.

Flores were quite scary honestly. I think its one of the best ep's of the tv-series.

Somnambula drained theyre youth for herself.

Rest of the 'villains' were not as bad as these to me.

Thank you :heart:

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2018, 09:41:16 AM »
Actually ill revise what scares me...when someone says they have ponies for you, but show up with a bag of fakies.

Fear...i see you, trying to pawn off your ugly cheap nonmlp on me. Trying to make me take your demon donkey...away with you evil one...away!!!

Aww but Karen! Demon Donkeys give you two for the price of one. You just won't notice it till it starts speaking in voices and projectiling pea soup.  :lol:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal