collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Shopkins Happy Places - PONIES!  (Read 3749 times)

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
Shopkins Happy Places - PONIES!
« on: January 07, 2018, 06:49:57 AM »
I don't see a topic on this within the first two pages sooooo

In one of the Pony Corral topics about G5 this pony was posted
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Apparently Shopkins is jumping onto the pony train now, much like what Lalaloopsie did for a while. So of course I had to do some investigating. One pony news site covers these a bit but I cannot link to that site, but there is at least one YouTube channel that kind of showcases these... although they don't have the actual items, they just have a slide show of the product images.

However, I did find some other places that showed these (including Pinterest XD)

This is what I found

There are at least 5 of these ponies
They are part of the Happy Places lines so they are probably about the same size as G4s
One is supposed to be a Unicorn
They each come with a petkin that acts as a accessory
The pink pony is named Bella Bliss
The cream/yellow is named PoniCrumble
The unicorn one is named Cutiecorn and seems to have almost Celestia's colors
Bella comes in a pack called Princessed Puppy Garden Party
Cutiecorn comes in a pack called Pampered Pony Stable
Poni comes in the Pampered Pony Stable Welcome Pack
A 4th pony that is shown on the Welcome Pack that shares Cheerilee's colors
The short videos on two of them were posted on YouTube in Oct and Nov
Another video shows a pony called Ponicakes, guess who she goes with!
They are tagged with the Season 4 Happy Places

And of course the Wiki lists them too!
Click here for the Shopkins Wiki

Boy that is a lot, I wish I could find release dates!
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Shopkins Happy Places - PONIES!
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2018, 07:33:17 AM »
I wonder if the heads are reason enough for Hasbro to do something against them. They really bear a close resemblance to G4 in that area.
Bratz Ponies or the pony LaLaLoopsies looked like their own thing but these look like someone decapitated Pinkie Pie and created a monster :lol:

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2018, 07:58:02 AM »
I wonder if the heads are reason enough for Hasbro to do something against them. They really bear a close resemblance to G4 in that area.
Bratz Ponies or the pony LaLaLoopsies looked like their own thing but these look like someone decapitated Pinkie Pie and created a monster :lol:

Nah! I've seen fakies and packaging so blatant that they ought to have been smacked down by Hasbro's lawyers at Light Speed. These should be fine. Though I do agree with you now that I've taken a second look. Somebody feed that poor creature!
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Sweet Daes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Glitter is my best friend.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2018, 08:03:10 AM »
I dunno... They resemble G4's head sculpts, but the bodies look like the leaked images from G5. Hasbro, or even GHX, may have something to say about it.

I am not a lawyer so I have no idea.

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2018, 08:13:36 AM »

Nah! I've seen fakies and packaging so blatant that they ought to have been smacked down by Hasbro's lawyers at Light Speed. These should be fine. Though I do agree with you now that I've taken a second look. Somebody feed that poor creature!

I know Hasbro ain't no Mattel but Mattel gave them so much crap when they did Sindy and then years later they fought with MGA because of Bratz. So you never know with toy companies. Shoppies/Skopkins are big right now. If Hasbro wanted to take them down they could start a fight. They have enough money to do so.
Fakies are not big enough a competitor but Moose Toys is. I want drama :lol:

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2018, 08:52:53 AM »

I know Hasbro ain't no Mattel but Mattel gave them so much crap when they did Sindy and then years later they fought with MGA because of Bratz. So you never know with toy companies. Shoppies/Skopkins are big right now. If Hasbro wanted to take them down they could start a fight. They have enough money to do so.
Fakies are not big enough a competitor but Moose Toys is. I want drama :lol:

*pictures a hasbro and moose toy exec getting into a boxing ring*  :lol:

I love Shopkins.

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2018, 09:39:34 AM »
Awww, I'm not really a Shopkins person but these look cute, I like her hair :)

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2018, 11:58:57 AM »
I'm going to see if any of the videos on them give better shots of the ponies from the sides
I do want to say, their head look more like they took the muzzle from the old G4 and slapped it onto the new G4 heads XD

Edit: Here is the set with Cutiecorn!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKw2PQXqj3o&t=9s

That's... a big box... Bigger than I would have expected!
« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 12:05:04 PM by sd_dreamcrystal »

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2018, 12:18:40 PM »
Ok I believe I can explain why these ponies have such thin bodies. It's the fact that the Lil'Shoppies are supposed to be able to ride them and well it's a design flaw XD

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2018, 12:30:05 PM »
Not a shopkins person but I'm tempted...the heads are pretty cute.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Lilja

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2018, 03:10:07 PM »

The reason Hasbro can't do anything about fakies is that they come from China, where copyright law is pretty much nonexistent. It's worlds apart from a big, legit toy brand like Shopkins. I was also thinking they could get in trouble for this. While you can't copyright the concept of a pink horse character in itself, that face and hair makes it look so much like Pinkie Pie, who is one of Hasbro's main mascot ponies. Hasbro recently took Mattel to court for their use of the name "Bumblebee" in the DC Super Hero Girls line, so they are every bit as eager to protect their intellectual property as any other company.

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2018, 03:34:47 PM »
I think these are really cute but this one looks very much like Pinkie Pie. I wonder if there will be a lawsuit over copyright infringement?

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2018, 03:48:48 PM »

The reason Hasbro can't do anything about fakies is that they come from China, where copyright law is pretty much nonexistent. It's worlds apart from a big, legit toy brand like Shopkins. I was also thinking they could get in trouble for this. While you can't copyright the concept of a pink horse character in itself, that face and hair makes it look so much like Pinkie Pie, who is one of Hasbro's main mascot ponies. Hasbro recently took Mattel to court for their use of the name "Bumblebee" in the DC Super Hero Girls line, so they are every bit as eager to protect their intellectual property as any other company.
Didn't know about the BumbleBee thing, thing is Mattel wasn't the one who decided on the name for that character.. DC Comics did, so basically Mattel did nothing wrong there.

As far as Bella Bliss looking like Pinkie, I don't think Hasbro will lawsuit because
1) She is just an overly pink horse, there are no flank symbols
2) She is supposed to be themed with Lil' Shoppie named Bridie
3) Yes she is pink but she is way lighter than Pinkiepie

but then again I could be grasping at straws here because I don't want Hasbro to do anything. I think though Hasbro would more likely go after Moose if these ponies had symbols

Cutiecorn would be an issue if she actually had wings, but she doesn't her petkin does and when her petkin sits on her she looks like she has wings.

So true Moose is taking a risk with these but they were keeping in mind that they were to be themed and paired with certain Lil' Shoppies
« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 03:52:42 PM by sd_dreamcrystal »

Offline Lilja

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2018, 03:27:02 AM »
Well, when it comes to trademarks it can be very complicated.

But yeah, I'm leaning towards thinking Hasbro won't take any action against Moose Toys. They are probably treading on thin ice though, with the likeness in the face. It's interesting to see how far toy companies can go in releasing similar products and get away with it.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2018, 09:33:28 AM »

Yeah I heard about that. It was ridiculous, considering Hasbro can't own the word bumblebee, not to mention Superhero Bumblebee predates Transformers Bumblebee.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal