collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: How to display your collection  (Read 1067 times)

Offline pony_magick

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
How to display your collection
« on: January 06, 2018, 07:02:51 PM »
So I finally managed to get shelves up to display my ponies but I’m not quite fixed on how I want to display them. How have you guys displayed yours? Randomly, in year sets, colours, grouping of favourites?  Also do you display all their accessories or just their ribbons and any ‘big’ accessories like some of the babies have?

Any and all ideas welcome, I’ll be slowly working on my display over the next few weeks as I have to go back to work tomorrow. Very typical of me to leave things like this til the last minute.
I am a Dreamer/So a Believer

My want list.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: How to display your collection
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2018, 07:34:20 PM »
So I finally managed to get shelves up to display my ponies but I’m not quite fixed on how I want to display them. How have you guys displayed yours? Randomly, in year sets, colours, grouping of favourites?  Also do you display all their accessories or just their ribbons and any ‘big’ accessories like some of the babies have?

Any and all ideas welcome, I’ll be slowly working on my display over the next few weeks as I have to go back to work tomorrow. Very typical of me to leave things like this til the last minute.

Of course it will be unique to you depending on space and you'll change it up as new display avenues open up to you. My G1s, larger fakies and G3s are on shelves.

My babies,smaller fakies and G4s are in metal, christmas cookie tins that would have been tossed. They're pretty and sturdy.

I hear nail polish or spice racks are great for displaying Petites/Tiny Tins/Blindbags.

Some clever people print out pony scenes to add a little pizzazz. You can grab Fish tank display pieces, or holiday ones, or diorama stuff.

Some clever people keep their Baby Sea Ponies in decorative egg cartons.

I get Polar Fruit Jars, dye and decorate them with sea-themed stickers and glass rocks with this tutorial I found. TThe big jars are great for adults, the small ones for babies. The glas rocks let them look out over the jar.  Here's what Polar Fruit Jars look like. They can be found in Walmart, grocery stores and dollar stores. (Hope its alright to post this mods. Sorry if its not. I can't do the image thing.)

https://www.walmart.com/c/brand/polar-canned-fruit

https://www.wikihow.com/Tint-Bottles-and-Jars
« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 07:46:18 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2018, 07:51:26 PM »
I try to display my ponies in a way that allows my favorites to be more visible!

In my G1 section, I have my favorites I own closer to the front. Poor condition ponies such as ponies with very bad haircuts, very frizzy hair, bad head/body mismatches, lots of missing flocking, etc get stuck in the very back.

Spoiler
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Smaller ponies are also in the front, regardless of condition.

I have Spring Song right in the center in front since she's my all-time favorite pony. Many other favorites, such as Tic Tac Toe, Princess Royal Blue, Princess Tiffany, Twinkler, Kingsley, Sun Glider, Pillow Talk, Merry Treat, Megan, and So Soft Sundance are also pretty close to the front!

With my G3 shelf, I have my Crystal Rainbow Castle on the very top part, with all my favorite G3s in my collection on it and surrounding it, while the other G3s are in the other parts of the shelf:

Spoiler

As you can see, I also have one square dedicated to Core 7-era ponies and merchandise!

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2018, 07:57:01 PM »
Very cute display Beatle.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline pony_magick

• Trade Count: (+14)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2018, 10:15:48 PM »
Thanks for the ideas! Love your display Beatles! I have quite a lot of space for my around 200 ponies and playsets which is both good and bad...  :biggrin: I’ve worked out my playsets as they have the deeper shelving unit to themselves but the rest is still a big mess.
I’m considering putting babies with big accessories on a shelf by themselves but then I get worried about Mum and babies being apart... so many choices and this also doesn’t include all the random merchandise I have.
I am a Dreamer/So a Believer

My want list.

Offline ladygodiva

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2018, 06:44:02 AM »

I have them sorted more or less by pose, I think that's how it looks more showy, however the most baits I have on other shelves in the same showcase, but apart.

Offline Jorgito93

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2018, 06:47:26 AM »
The non-nirvana are on ordered by year and set, and the nirvanas are on a separate shelf ordered by country.But i need to reorganize my collection since i got new shelves.That's for g1, the other generations don't really have an order apart from being together.I have a separate shelf for mcdonalds, fashion style and bigger and electronic g4s but that's all.And i have a separate shelf for my plushies (including my g3 so softs)
« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 07:47:26 AM by Jorgito93 »

Offline lordalexander74

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2018, 07:41:53 AM »
I organized my G4 collection mostly by species. I've one shelf mostly filled with Rainbow Dash and a handful of other pegasi, half a shelf for Fluttershy and Discord, one each for Pinkie and Applejack, one for unicorns, and empty space filled with alicorns and other characters like Lyra/Bonbon & DjP0n3/Octavia.

I've separate bookshelves for my G1 and G3 colletions, I have those toys organized by pose, and whatever side their symbol is on, so they're all facing the same direction.

Here's a couple older pics of my collection

Spoiler

Spoiler
Thanks to Lunacat for the lovely art

Offline Sweet Daes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Glitter is my best friend.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2018, 08:16:21 AM »
Roy G. Biv.  ...once I get there, haha!

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2018, 08:23:01 AM »
I have a cabinet with three shelves in it. I arranged my ponies roughly in chronological order from the top down, placing the ponies roughly in sets with US ponies on the right and UK ponies on the left. I somehow also managed to arrange them by colour as well. Baby ponies went at the front, like a school photo. I think I just enjoyed experimenting until a pattern emerged that fit the shelves.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline poniesthatsparkle

• Rainbow Curl Pony
  • TAF Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2018, 09:03:42 AM »
My ponies are all displayed in my bedroom since I still live with my parents. I have two large bookshelves, a smaller bookshelf,  a larger self above my bed, and two small shelves mounted on the wall. Ponies are also on top of my filing cabinet and dresser. My bed frame is metal so I can display some of my G3 ponies on there as well.

As for how I display them on the shelves, it's mostly by generation but I do have some exceptions. My shelf full of Happy Meal ponies has G3 and G4, my plushie shelf has G1, G3, and G4 on it, and while my various MLP merch shelf is mostly G4, there are a few G3 items lurking around.

Offline Teddy

• MLP Tales Goddess
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • Mother of Ducks
    • View Profile
    • Teddy's Place
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2018, 10:10:47 AM »
I arrange mine by pose so they fit better on the shelves, and also look better if you ask me. ;) I'll have a row of one of the larger/taller poses in the back of the shelf (up on risers), then a row of a smaller/shorter pose in front of them, then a row of babies. This way you can see everyone pretty well. Here are a some of my shelves for example:

Click HERE to visit my MLP Tales site!

Offline Shaiyeh

• Trade Count: (+78)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • Watch my Youtube!
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2018, 01:20:58 PM »
I go between arranging by pose, colour and set. With big sets like TE ponies, I apply all 3 methods to the set xD (and I like to keep big sets on their own shelves). I dislike splitting sets up, so I usually work something out... usually ends up being organised by set>pose>colour. The only shelves that are primarily sorted by colour is my collector's pose army. might be because they're (almost) all the same set, and all are the same pose... hmm xD
don't have any pics atm, since my collection isn't well displayed atm, and a big part of it is in storage.

Thanks izard for my super cute ava and Starscout for my wonderful siggie!

Offline lockette

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • twice as fancy as you
    • View Profile
    • toylockette.tumblr
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2018, 08:20:01 PM »
mine have to be lined up neatly in rows on the shelf. I organize them by set and kind-of by year. collector ponies, early rainbow ponies, etc, are first, but it's sort of loosely organized after that. I have the nursery so that's on the bottom shelf stuffed full of babies.

some people organize them by pose and I love how that looks, so tidy!! but I can't do it, I have to organize them in a way that makes sense to me lol

my G1s and G3s each have their own bookshelf, while the G2s and G4s are a much smaller collection (less than 20) so they're on a side shelf that has other small toy collections like Unicornos and early 90s plush.
:rainbow: toylockette on tumblr & instagram!
& check out g1mlp & g3mlp on tumblr!

☆☆ wish list! ☆☆ ISO baby sparkle Firefly w/ dark gold tail factory error!

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2018, 08:37:16 PM »
I just have one shelf and I rotate who's on it by generation.  Right now it's G4.5 (because that's who I got for xmas) but I think I'll be rotating to G1 soon.

On the shelf I usually set up a scene though families almost always go together.

As far as accessories go...um...  they're all in a bag somewhere.
 :yikes:
 :redface:
« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 08:39:00 PM by gabumon »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal