collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: How to display your collection  (Read 1076 times)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: How to display your collection
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2018, 11:01:26 AM »
It is easier to line up by pose. Nothing wrong if you don't though.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline applejackbunny

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2018, 02:28:43 PM »
I arrange everything in chronological order.

I have different large, clear plastic boxes to keep/display them in.

I have one for the commons; one for Euro/UK exclusives; one for babies; one for Nirvanas. I keep my Dream Beauties separately on a shelf as they won't fit in boxes.

I have a box for accessories, MacDs and blind bags; a box for MIBs and MOCs; and separate boxes for G2s, G3s and G4s.

I pick out various ponies from time to time and bring them into my living space (e.g. put them on the coffee table) so I can enjoy them  :lol:
Current wish list: G1: Baby Princess Sparkle (dark purple var.), Dazzleglow (blue heart var.), Cha Cha the Llama; G3: Baby Northern Lights and Winter Ice, Pumpkin Tart Nirvanas: Any interesting Applejacks (esp. Colombian)!, Argie Tomatoberry, Sweet Tooth [/color]

Offline pony_magick

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2018, 02:43:24 PM »
Once I work out another photo hosting site other than Photobucket I'll post photos of the shelves I have for ideas.
I am a Dreamer/So a Believer

My want list.

Offline Prince_Sunbeam

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+52)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2018, 06:14:10 PM »
Once I work out another photo hosting site other than Photobucket I'll post photos of the shelves I have for ideas.

Ive been using imgbb.com and so far am happy with it

As far as display organization, It's just sort of a random assortment of personal preference. I make sure my favorites fall front and center, and then I just sort of go from there. Sometimes I'll put ponies of the same pose in a group together- or spread out symmetrically. I try to keep ponies of the same body color apart for visual variance. ultimately its a random placement of whatever I think looks good that day. If I had any complete set's I'd keep them together.

shelf pic under spoiler
Spoiler
[img width= height= alt=20180106 144952" border="0]https://image.ibb.co/ez2WXR/20180106_144952.jpg[/img]
Back after at least 4 years away!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2018, 07:00:16 PM »

I have one for the commons; one for Euro/UK exclusives; one for babies; one for Nirvanas. I keep my Dream Beauties separately on a shelf as they won't fit in boxes.

I have a box for accessories, MacDs and blind bags; a box for MIBs and MOCs; and separate boxes for G2s, G3s and G4s.

I pick out various ponies from time to time and bring them into my living space (e.g. put them on the coffee table) so I can enjoy them  :lol:

I just love your Baby Sunlight! :lovey:
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline applejackbunny

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2018, 12:20:32 PM »

I just love your Baby Sunlight! :lovey:

Thanks! The pic is too big, though, for the sig unfortunately, so I'll have to try to reduce it - she may disappear for a bit while I figure out how to do that!  :lol: She'll be back though!  :P
Current wish list: G1: Baby Princess Sparkle (dark purple var.), Dazzleglow (blue heart var.), Cha Cha the Llama; G3: Baby Northern Lights and Winter Ice, Pumpkin Tart Nirvanas: Any interesting Applejacks (esp. Colombian)!, Argie Tomatoberry, Sweet Tooth [/color]

Offline Shaiyeh

• Trade Count: (+78)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • Watch my Youtube!
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2018, 01:14:29 AM »
I found an old picture of my collector's pose shelf :) it's changed a bit since, and I have other ponies on top now, but at least this is how I display them colour-wise ^^
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
MLP Army Shelf by shai b, on Flickr
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks izard for my super cute ava and Starscout for my wonderful siggie!

Offline KottonKandy

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2018, 11:55:57 AM »
Mine are kinda wherever they fit since I'm low on space at the moment. But I LOVE the effect it creates when people arrange them by pose. So nice and tidy!
Once I complete a set, I do put the whole set together though. That's about as organized as my girls are getting right now.

Offline ZeldaTheSwordsman

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Death to Eclipse" protests DA's dumb new UI
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2018, 05:47:38 PM »
I use DeviantArt for hosting anymore.

My displayed ponies are split between 2 spots:
A shelf over the foot of my bed, where I display my Flutter Ponies, as well as my Mane 6 riding the Princess Celebration Cars (and Fluttershy's scooter). The G4s here are elevated on a homemade cardboard sub-shelf supported by stanchions made from soda straws and Krazy Glue caps.
My dresser, where most of my other G4s are displayed clustered about the Wedding Castle playset. Next to it stand Talking Princess Celestia, Megan and Sundance, and now Molly and Baby Sundance.

The rest of my ponies are stored in a plastic bin.

I love my displays, but I would like to have a way to enclose them because my room tends to make them get rather dusty.
should be perma-moderated

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal