collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Disney Tips & Other Stuff to Do in Orlando  (Read 881 times)

Offline StrawberryScoops

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
Re: Disney Tips & Other Stuff to Do in Orlando
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2018, 01:52:57 AM »
I’m going down a week before the fair to try and take in a few parks. I’m really excited to go to the 2 Harry Potter sections at Universal.

Offline Faerie-StarV

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2018, 02:49:37 AM »
I'm getting up really early on Saturday morning since I live two and a half hours away from Orlando(luckily, I used to live there for my three year college so I'm very familiar of this area) and arrive the hotel around ten(just in time for the fair to begin) to check in. I'll spend half of my Saturday at the convention then leave to go to Universal Studios park since I have an annual pass and I want to use it before it expires in August. I'll probably won't go all on the rides since it'll be really busy during the summer(it's one of the reasons why I never like going to the theme parks is the  big crowds of tourists and the ride wait is ridiculously long. If you didn't get a fast pass, your in big trouble) though.

I'll eat dinner at the Citywalk but haven't decided where to eat yet.

Sunday I'll go to the con again then after that, I might go back to Universal and Citywalk again before heading back to the hotel. I check out on Monday morning to head back home.

Offline princessluna11706

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2018, 01:13:03 AM »
I'm doing Disney Tues and Wed before the fair, and Sea World that Thursday :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The original Princess Luna.

I'm on Instagram! http://instagram.com/kitarei1 :)

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2018, 01:20:41 AM »
Given how they treat their animals, I'd encourage anyone to strongly reconsider if they want to give SeaWorld business.   There's plenty of other great attractions and destinations to spend your dollars on.  I'd always wanted to go to SeaWorld or MarineLand when I was a kid (those darn commercials ran over and over every morning during cartoons - can still sing the theme song!) but after finding out what goes on behind the scenes as an adult... yep, not so much anymore. 
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline Elfpony

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+70)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2018, 09:29:05 PM »
For anyone who's got a car, Kennedy Space Center is not too far away.  Roomy and I went the last time the Fair was in Orlando and we really enjoyed it.

Elf

Offline kitkatvintage

• Trade Count: (+352)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • KitKatVintage - My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2018, 11:09:27 PM »
For anyone who's got a car, Kennedy Space Center is not too far away.  Roomy and I went the last time the Fair was in Orlando and we really enjoyed it.

Elf

I second this! Kennedy Space Center is amazing!! If you (or your family) are not into Orlando theme parks, it is a wonderful alternative to spend a day. I went once with my mom, thinking my son was too young to enjoy it. Last year I went back with my husband & then-5 year old. My son went back to school this year, and explained the Apollo moon landing to his teacher in great detail. :lol: So it was pretty clear that he was just as into the Space Center  as we were.

Offline drusilla

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Got to love ponies
    • http://www.undead455.com
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2018, 12:41:30 PM »
i think i would like to do a bunch of little things while in Orlando instead of heading to the huge theme parks. problem is... where to start. 

the street the hotel is on is jam packed with stuff to do and see.

Offline reddsetgogirl

• Trade Count: (+83)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2018, 05:55:17 AM »
Is anyone flying from LAX to Orlando on the Friday? I've got a 4 hour layover between my Sydney to LAX and LAX to Orlando flight leaving at 10:45am. With clearing customs, etc, it's not really worth the effort to leave the airport so I'm free to talk ponies and get breakfast while we wait.
Follow me on Instagram: @bargainbinredhead
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Brightglowpony

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2018, 03:27:42 PM »
Is anyone flying from LAX to Orlando on the Friday? I've got a 4 hour layover between my Sydney to LAX and LAX to Orlando flight leaving at 10:45am. With clearing customs, etc, it's not really worth the effort to leave the airport so I'm free to talk ponies and get breakfast while we wait.

I am not, but that's awesome that you are coming over from Australia!!  I hope it works out that another pony person is at LAX during that time.  :D
Wishlist
Thank you to Witch for my stunning avatar!

Offline cutegladgirl

• Trade Count: (+42)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • Tout arrive pour une raison.
    • My Blog "Daily Glad."
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2018, 07:41:09 AM »

I’m leaving from LAX but a day earlier. I will be leaving Thursday morning. :-P
My name is Glad. I'm glad to meet you.