collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: How long was this in the back room ? Old Stock found on shelf  (Read 3178 times)

Offline Thunderwing

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+171)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/springwater_valley/home.html
Re: How long was this in the back room ? Old Stock found on shelf
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2018, 05:43:22 PM »
When G2's hit stores in 1998, I found a store that was selling a stash of MIP G1 Sparkle Pony Mail Orders. The only had three left, but when I asked if they had more, the girl said there had been a whole box full. Almost all gone before I got there, of course. Funniest part was, the store had no G2's for sale. Oh, and they were priced at $1.27 each.

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2018, 03:10:36 AM »
When G2's hit stores in 1998, I found a store that was selling a stash of MIP G1 Sparkle Pony Mail Orders. The only had three left, but when I asked if they had more, the girl said there had been a whole box full. Almost all gone before I got there, of course. Funniest part was, the store had no G2's for sale. Oh, and they were priced at $1.27 each.

Baby Ribbons and Hearts was sold off in the UK like that at the end of the line as well. My sister bought her in an unmarked bag at a stationery store for about £1 or something like that.

I also remember the US ponies bagged with grey card featuring a rainbow that appeared across second hand markets and through traders in the mid 1990s. Unfortunately I wasn't lucky enough to find mail order ponies like TAF babies here, though some places did. We had the Slumber Party ponies, minus Pillow Talk. Pink Dreams came with her wings attached to a piece of cardboard, so my Pink Dreams has her wings from new and I am her first owner, albeit the set was never properly sold here ;)

Baby Nightcap was also one of many ponies bagged and shoved inside the Kitchen on clearance. Weird but true. All kinds of things were shoved in as extras with the Kitchen, apparently...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Shabi

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2018, 02:28:43 PM »
Spoiler
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
A photo from Luhansk (Ukraine)  :)

Offline reddsetgogirl

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2018, 05:22:56 AM »
I was recently in a toy store in a small town that still has toys from the 80's, 90's and 00's for sale at their original price.  They had a ton of original Sylvanian Families couches and wardrobes.  Sadly there were a lot of old plush toys that have been sitting on high shelves for literally decades and are covered in dust and dirt.  There was a big plush elephant on clearance for $30.  Mould on the tusks, fur thick with dust.  You would have to pay someone to take it. It was like stepping back in time.
Follow me on Instagram: @theponiesiownies
Most wanted: Nursery Families white bathtub.

Offline DreamLight

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2018, 01:06:31 PM »
I normally can find way old ponies at drug stores mostly because you know not being a toy store they don’t move as much stock. My TRU does still have a bunch of the wedding line left

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal