collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Retro Strawberry Shortcake characters? Update 12/6 Peach Blush Cracker Barrel  (Read 16021 times)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Think they'll release the Peculiar Purple Pie Man of Porcupine Peak and Sour Grapes?

I have my doubts that they will. I would actually probably buy them both if they did. They were significantly larger dolls though. Although they did make a Funko Pop of him.

The question becomes how long they will continue the line. The 2018 toy fair showed Apple Dumplin', Apricot and Cherry Cuddler all with their pets (assuming for this Xmas season maybe). To some degree (I was looking at my retro dolls last night) they have covered a lot of the characters already.

The following is from the Basic Fun Strawberry Shortcake Facts page:
"Please be aware that ONLY retro dolls and toys will be made and shipped through 2018. You are invited to take a trip down memory lane with Strawberry, Blueberry, Orange, and Angel Cake by visiting Target, Toys R Us, Cracker Barrel, JC Penney and other specialty stores. Peach Blush will join her friends in the assortment in stores this spring! We appreciate the support of fans and collectors for this toy line over the past 4 years and hope you have enjoyed all of our products."

To me, this sounds like they are ending the line. Which in some ways does not surprise me considering they are now making MLP retros. Realistically, the same people collecting Strawberry Shortcake are also some of the same people who collect MLP. The retro Strawberry Shortcake dolls were released for the 35th anniversary in 2015. MLP is now at 35th anniversary. So time to wind down one retro product line and start up another. I would love to see them both continue on of course, but I have the feeling they won't be continuing the Strawberry Shortcake line much longer.

I think it also sounds like Bridge Direct has ended/is about to end the retro Strawberry Shortcake line. I would have liked to seen some of the International friends like Almond Tea and Mint Tulip and Berrykin dolls but overall I've been quite pleased with their retro Strawberry Shortcake line. My one disappointment was that the released so many versions of Strawberry Shortcake herself.

Counting different characters (not different versions of characters)  that Bridge Direct made

Strawberry Shortcake

Blueberry Muffin

Huckleberry Pie

Lemon Meringue

Raspberry Tart

Lime Chiffon

Orange Blossom

Strawberry Shortcake

Lime Chiffon

Peach Blush

Apricot and Hopsalot (seen at Toy Fair)

Cherry Cuddler and Gooseberry (seen at Toy Fair)

Apple Dumplin and Tea Time Turtle (seen at Toy Fair)

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: August 03, 2018, 02:15:18 PM by Ponyfan »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
    • View Profile
They did the Toy Reset at my Target- and a lot of the retro toys are in clearance. I didn't see any Strawberry Shortcake dolls anywhere, so I think that it is true... the line is probably ended/ending. 

I probably will never find Peach, oh well.

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
They did the Toy Reset at my Target- and a lot of the retro toys are in clearance. I didn't see any Strawberry Shortcake dolls anywhere, so I think that it is true... the line is probably ended/ending. 

I probably will never find Peach, oh well.

No sign of the babies that were at Toy Fair? The only other place besides Target and TRU (RIP) that had retro SSC was Barnes and Noble and their toy prices were always a little high.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline toyjunky

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
I would have liked to seen some of the International friends like Almond Tea and Mint Tulip and Berrykin dolls but overall I've been quite pleased with their retro Strawberry Shortcake line.

I agree, it would have been nice if they could have done the International friends. I suspect that we might see Apricot, Cherry Cuddler and Apple Dumplin' show up around Nov. - Dec. closer to Christmas.

Offline Wardah

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
I really wish Lime got a single release. I missed out on the 3 pack becausethey never restocked after the bankruptcy announcement and the pack is going for $50 on ebay. I guess I'm just going to have to hope she pops up in a Savers bag someday. Probably butt naked and partially chewed knowing my luck.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
I also missed Lime because she was only in the 3 pack. I kept thinking I would get it later but then it was gone and not restocked.

I'm afraid Peach Blush and the babies with their pets will be harder to find. I've only found seen 3 Peach Blush dolls so far and my Target got rid of the other characters on clearance.

Ponyfan

Offline toyjunky

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
I also missed Lime because she was only in the 3 pack. I kept thinking I would get it later but then it was gone and not restocked.

I'm afraid Peach Blush and the babies with their pets will be harder to find. I've only found seen 3 Peach Blush dolls so far and my Target got rid of the other characters on clearance.

Ponyfan

When they came out in 2016 I knew it would be one of those things that was a limited opportunity so I bought most of the ones that came out when I saw them. I still have only found the one Peach Blush I bought on clearance and I have been to 10 different Targets in the last month.

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
It looks I missed Huckleberry Pie, Lemon, and Lime (I do have an 80's Lime though) and Orange. I was going to pick up an Orange while she was on clearance but she disappeared quickly. 

I'm also hoping we'll see Apricot, Cherry Culder and Apple Dumplin around Christmas time but sending Peach Blush out right before all the SSC characters went on clearance makes me wonder. :what:

A funny thing happened to me with Peach Blush. When I first found her on the shelf, she wouldn't come up in the Target system so a really nice employee typed in her code and came up with a price (around $3) The next time I went to Target she was regular price and the time after that she was on clearance.  :lol:

Ponyfan

Offline Kiwichi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
I was thinking the same thing that SSC maybe discontinued since all dolls were clearanced and none have been restocked.  I keep checking the retro endcap which seems to look emptier and emptier....  I haven't seen any sightings of Peach at all!  Anyone know her dcpi #?

Offline Gator

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Hey guys, for those who missed them or are still looking, I don't know if this is all Cracker Barrel restaurants, but at one I went to today they had the retro dolls.  No Peach, but they did have two Oranges, one Angel, and one Blueberry.  They also had a Strawberry with her house. 

Edit to add.  Found this online too:

https://shop.crackerbarrel.com/toys-games/toys/motion-toys/strawberry-shortcake-house-playset/616925
« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 10:37:32 AM by Gator »

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
Well it looks like I missed out on Peach, I don't know if she ever made it to our Targets, maybe not.

I can't justify paying secondary market prices for her when the original doll is so much cuter and comes with her pet and is only a bit more.

I guess the SSC train is over!  I hope they continue making them in Brazil, they seem to be more popular in that market (although they are so hard to get now that Mercadolivre takes in-country payments only)

Offline Wardah

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Well it looks like I missed out on Peach, I don't know if she ever made it to our Targets, maybe not.

I can't justify paying secondary market prices for her when the original doll is so much cuter and comes with her pet and is only a bit more.

I guess the SSC train is over!  I hope they continue making them in Brazil, they seem to be more popular in that market (although they are so hard to get now that Mercadolivre takes in-country payments only)

While I really wanted Peach I'm more worried about the babies they showed at Toy Fair. They even came with their pets. I hope those at least make it to Amazon.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile

While I really wanted Peach I'm more worried about the babies they showed at Toy Fair. They even came with their pets. I hope those at least make it to Amazon.

I hope they keep going but it seems that most stores didn't order Peach so I suspect MLP took SSC's place...

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
I was looking forward to the babies and their pets too especially Apricot/Hopsalot and Apple Dumping/Tea Time Turtle.

My Cracker Barrel had Orange and Angel Cake for $15 each.

Ponyfan

Offline BethyVic

• Let It Be/Peace & Love Pony
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • There is still a light that shines on me
    • View Profile
At my Target, MLP has taken over the spot where the SSC dolls were. It’s a bummer. I would have loved to get more.
[email protected]

*Looking for MOC Starflash and her comb loose, MOC Peppermint Crunch and MOC Sky Rocket (sparkle) all US versions*

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal