collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Looking to commission an artist for a non-pony project dear to my heart.  (Read 2001 times)

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
This in NOT pony related, so please move if this isn't the appropriate place to post this.

Next month is 10 years since I started dating my now-husband. I'm wanting to commission a painting/drawing to illustrate the story of how we first met. The scene I'm imagining is of two teenage girls, both riding bay horses, and a guy standing beside them.

I'm thinking the picture needs to be vague in it's details, to match the story, as the story doesn't reveal who it's about until almost at the end, you have to know the story to know what's coming. No faces clearly visible or detailed, but the colours and emotions are vibrant in the story. (at least I hope that's how it comes across!)

I'm asking here, because pony peeps for the most part know horse anatomy fairly well.

If anyone would like to have a crack at it, I'm happy to provide ref pics of elements of the story, or even just describe things if that helps it remain vague and unspecific. This is a commission, something I'm wanting to pay for, as I'd ideally like to have a digital copy that I can have printed any which way I end up deciding on, as I'm as yet unsure how I'd like to present the story and picture. I have a few ideas, but I'm still hashing it out, despite it being next month. eek!

Here's the story in case that helps anyone put their hand up:
Spoiler
Many years ago, in a sleepy little town, at about this approximate time on a warm Autumn morning, a teenage girl rode a bay mare toward the showground gate. Her friend, upon seeing her, called out to them, and cantered up from the opposite direction, riding a bay gelding. The girls chatted as they rode the horses through the gate and towards the group that had gathered under the trees. It was sign up day for the local pony club, and the club’s administrative members milled around, busily handing out paperwork and accepting membership fees, while the riders saddled and warmed up around the outside of the arena. Parents trudged around four-wheel drives and horse floats, calling after their children and chatting amongst themselves.

Seeing the two girls approach, the pony club’s treasurer approached them, papers in hand. The girls, both being long-term members of the club, greeted the treasurer warmly, and accepted the papers on horseback, knowing that holding them wasn’t going to be an issue with the mounts they rode that day.
“Mum’s got my fees, here she comes now,” the younger girl, mounted on the gelding, cheerfully told the treasurer, gesturing to two people coming through the gate.
“Mine are in my backpack, but I’m gonna have to jump off to fill this out” the other girl lamented as she swung her small purple backpack around onto the pommel of her saddle, rummaging through the contents one-handedly, her other hand clutching the mare’s reins.
“That’s what he’s for!” laughed the girl as she pointed towards where her mother approached on foot, at a tall young man walking at her side.
“That’s what big brothers are for, right bro?” she called to him as they walked up towards the two horses. The young man laughed, and reached up to stroke the gelding’s face, running his fingers over the large star on the centre of his forehead.
“Come here and turn around so I can write on your back!” demanded his sister laughingly. The older girl, after passing her friend a pen from her backpack, re-zipped it and swung it back on, ready to dismount to fill out her own paperwork.
“Don’t get off, you can use him too” proclaimed her friend just as she’d slid her feet from her stirrups. The man laughed, his blue eyes betraying the slightest hint of hesitation. He shrugged slightly, seemingly fine with the prospect of being written on by a girl he’d never met before, and walked into the space between the two horses, his moment of hesitation passing as quickly as it had appeared. The older girl laughed and took the pen back from her friend, finding the whole situation rather convenient, but not in the least awkward. With her outgoing friend this sort of thing was the norm. Besides, he was just her friend’s brother, and while he was kind of cute, she already had a boyfriend. She leaned down and filled out the paperwork quickly, trying to write gently, and thanked her ‘desk’ as she pulled her backpack back around onto her lap to put her pen away.

“I suppose I should probably introduce you, huh?” the younger girl said jokingy.
“Storm, this is my brother Christian.”

To this day, the man claims he knew that day that the girl on the bay mare would be his someday. Almost a year later, on the 4th February, 2008, the girl went out on a date with him, and as they say, the rest is history. Today marks ten years since that first date, almost eleven since that very first fateful meeting when a girl on a horse used a guy as a writing surface, and their fates intertwined forever.

Also story critique is completely welcome! Have at it!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline bubbles171

• Trade Count: (+116)
  • So Soft Pony
  • Thank you so much shiverdam my 2 loves combined
    • View Profile
Re: Looking to commission an artist for a non-pony project dear to my heart.
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2018, 07:45:27 AM »
you could check with wizzer218 she is an artist friend of mine that does commissions

Offline Griffin

• Trade Count: (+89)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2018, 01:04:43 PM »
That's a wonderful story. :) Congratulations on your anniversary! I hope you'll find the perfect artist for the job.

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

Offline RoseNoire

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • pony count : 243
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2018, 07:36:13 AM »
Hi, I have contacted this person for you ( https://bra1neater.deviantart.com/ ). He takes commissions but he is busy right now. If you can't find anyone after one month, you might be able to consider him.
Hope that helps, have a nice day. =)
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 08:44:02 AM by RoseNoire »
Rusty/frizzy pony restoration tutorial
Drink'n'wet pony restoration tutorial
G3 Twist and Style petal parlor thorough cleaning
My collection | My drawings
-> Made by Witchvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
-> Made by Starrynights

Offline Saphy

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2018, 07:56:51 AM »
I'm not the best with humans, I specialize in furries and ponies but I could send you some examples of ponies and humans I've drawn if you have an email address, Skype, telegram, discord or facebook
My icon is a bit old but that's a pony I've drawn of course real horses would have a more horse like shape especially to the face

Offline Saphy

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2018, 07:59:50 AM »
That story is so sweet!

Offline Aurora

• Wingless Flutter Pony
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2018, 07:46:10 PM »
you could check with wizzer218 she is an artist friend of mine that does commissions

I was going to suggest her, too! Her horses are realistic but still whimsical.
Thanks so much to Calico_Star for her beautiful work on my Avatar!
**want list**  **for sale**

Offline thesugarpuppie

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • formerly Gothic Sugar
    • View Profile
    • My sites
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2018, 09:00:43 AM »
That is such a cute story. If you're still looking, I'm available for commissions, but I can't do digital for the time being so it would be traditional and mailed out for you to do with the final piece what you need as far as making copies for yourself.  I also edit if that's something you need. 
Instagram
Twitter
Ko-fi

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2018, 09:18:37 PM »
I third Wizzer. she's fantastic.
i'd love the challenge, but I'm up to my ears in commissions and personal projects right now.
beautiful story.  :biggrin:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal