collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: New 35th Anniversary Collector Ponies Spotted! Pics!  (Read 140561 times)

Offline Gizmo

• Trade Count: (+56)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: New 35th Anniversary Collector Ponies Spotted! Pics!
« Reply #1440 on: June 13, 2018, 02:23:43 PM »
Pretty Parlor! That's amazing news  :heart:

I wonder why no six pack - maybe it will be coming?

It was available but they sold out in such a short time, I ordered mine and it has already been shipped.

I have also received my complete Rainbow set from France and wanted to note that both my Moonstones came without a comb (just the brush) which is likely to be an early production error, here's a comparison with Windy where you can see Moonstone's box does not have holes punched for the comb:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

They're amazing though, Bridge Direct have done a marvelous job! I'll be buying doubles for sure.

Offline shabbychicdee

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • MOC Mimic
  • professional thrifter and treasure hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: June 13, 2018, 02:56:43 PM »
eeeeeeeeeeeek so there will my a pretty parlour. Oh Joy  :frolic: and i hope that price is for real also.

Pretty Parlor! That's amazing news  :heart:

I wonder why no six pack - maybe it will be coming?

It was available but they sold out in such a short time, I ordered mine and it has already been shipped.

I have also received my complete Rainbow set from France and wanted to note that both my Moonstones came without a comb (just the brush) which is likely to be an early production error, here's a comparison with Windy where you can see Moonstone's box does not have holes punched for the comb:

They're amazing though, Bridge Direct have done a marvelous job! I'll be buying doubles for sure.

wow thanks for sharing, they are gorgeous :D. fingers crossed they make it here. shame about the comb and hopefully it is just an early release error.

seeking retro MLP and Care Bear tin lunch boxes
wanted list
for trade

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1442 on: June 13, 2018, 04:12:05 PM »
That's so interesting about the comb. Ironically I imagine it will be the combless ones which end up being more sought after in package in the long term as early production errors, if in fact Moonstone does in general come with that comb...

I still don't understand why the parlour. I mean, yeah, I get that it's nostalgic, but really. Although I am genuinely afraid of that massive peachy army photo getting spammed at me again, the world does NOT need more Peachys in it!

I have looked on UK amazon but I don't see it there. Though I guess there's a slim possibility they might sell it here with the proper UK name, chances are it's going to be Pretty Parlo(u)r everywhere...
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 04:16:22 PM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: June 13, 2018, 04:41:43 PM »
That's so interesting about the comb. Ironically I imagine it will be the combless ones which end up being more sought after in package in the long term as early production errors, if in fact Moonstone does in general come with that comb...

I still don't understand why the parlour. I mean, yeah, I get that it's nostalgic, but really. Although I am genuinely afraid of that massive peachy army photo getting spammed at me again, the world does NOT need more Peachys in it!

I have looked on UK amazon but I don't see it there. Though I guess there's a slim possibility they might sell it here with the proper UK name, chances are it's going to be Pretty Parlo(u)r everywhere...

Be careful what you say Taffeta or you may summon...Them.  :bolt:

But yeah I agree. Dream Castle and Paradise Estate are a bit more iconic.

Perhaps these people didn't feel confident enough to tackle some of the bigger playsets? I dunno how big dream castle actually is.

That said, I want them to take on He-Man/She-Ra and Thundercats next and make their playsets too. My boyfriend would flip for a brand new Castle Grayskull!

Took me a minute to figure out what you meant by the proper name thing. :silly:
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 04:45:37 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: June 13, 2018, 04:46:11 PM »

Be careful what you say Taffeta or you may summon...Them.  :bolt:

:faint: Nooo

I may be a minority here, and admittedly, DC does take up more space and would be ambitious - but (Peachy aside), releasing just the ponies from the playsets would be nice.

Although they'd have to include Kiss Curl for you guys over there, too...to make the set complete. And Scoops for us here.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: June 13, 2018, 05:54:08 PM »
 I was also thinking it would nice for Bridge Direct to release the playset ponies separate from the playsets but was afraid I might have to dodge fakies. :lol: :throw: :throw:
I thought they might have picked Pretty Parlor because it could be used for Brush Me Beautiful Boutique/KissCurl’s Grooming Parlor, and would only need to be repainted but now that I think about it that doesn’t make as much senses I thought since other playsets like the Show Stable were also released multiple times with different paint.

That’s very interesting about Moonstone.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline aubreysmommy

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: June 13, 2018, 07:56:09 PM »
Which ponies will be for wave 3 and 4 thanks guys for links I pre-order 3 rainbow ponies and peachy S parlor

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #1447 on: June 13, 2018, 08:46:54 PM »
I would love to see Dream Castle reproduced, but at the same time I feel like it would be way too expensive for them to move many of them, and it would take up a loooot of room on an end cap, which is where these ponies seem to reside "in store."

I hope I'm wrong of course because CASTLE.  :D

But yeah, even back in the day it was too expensive for my family to get.  I had the Pretty Parlor because it was the cheapest playset. Also had the Baby Buggy with Cuddles . . . I could see them doing that one.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: June 13, 2018, 09:12:39 PM »
The more I see of these I have to give it to this company. Great job folks. Aside from the scented rainbow ponies. :pout: Don't know but back in the day the castle was huge and so was the box plus there was the price. I had access to it cause my cousins and I got it on Christmas. Four kids sharing one piece of pony property. :P  So it would make sense to keep cost down and make smaller sets.

Now that there's all this retro pony goodness how about more merch.

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

Offline Khoufu

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Waterfire is best pony. \\//,
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: June 13, 2018, 10:36:02 PM »
I'd like Dream Castle but idk if I'd actually buy it because the box is huge (and I turned down a free one awhile ago).

I'm still kind of wondering why a pony would come with a comb AND a brush.
:enraged:   PM for a link to my Retro MLP group on Telegram!   

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1450 on: June 13, 2018, 10:46:36 PM »
I'd like Dream Castle but idk if I'd actually buy it because the box is huge (and I turned down a free one awhile ago).

I'm still kind of wondering why a pony would come with a comb AND a brush.

Because Rainbow Ponies are special. Though I think other than those sets, and playsets of course, it's only the Brush and Grows who come with both brush and comb (and ribbons, clips etc) for obvious reasons. Going to the trouble of a brush and a comb AND sticking rainbow stickers on them suggests early year enthusiasm. It's so interesting how the line begins so optimistically with accessories and then by the time you get to the end of G1 you're lucky if you get a brush. A lot of the last year European ones don't have brushes - maybe a ring, a bottle or a bracelet, but no brush or comb.

I wouldn't want another DC. I still have mine from childhood, but it takes up space and has to live in the attic. Even though it would be nice if they made other playsets, I think probably the parlour is the only one that is practical.

But I still feel that even Kiss Curl would be better than another wave of Peachys.

Also the Kitchen. That's made from the same mould too.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline aubreysmommy

• Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: June 14, 2018, 07:01:11 AM »
I'm hoping they release baby ponies and a player I never had many mlp players as a girl I did have the vinyl carry case and few big ponies and few babies I adore them my favorites growing up was te locket masqureade  and fuzzy I had twilight so soft cupcake and north star loved them so much if enjoyed getting the anniversary ones I'm hoping we see more retro mercy I'd love an mlp handbag or hoodie

Offline Gizmo

• Trade Count: (+56)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: June 14, 2018, 08:31:47 AM »
I'm hoping they release baby ponies

Same here.

Baby Ponies will benefit most from 3 packs and they can follow the minimal accessory choices used for some of the carded European formats to simplify them:

(image credit:??)

I also think skipping the BBE and going for the UK Play and Care Set and maybe the German Baby Ponys as the 2nd wave will save them on creating new molds and will sustain momentum as these European releases are far more favorable and sought after amongst collectors.

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: June 14, 2018, 08:35:38 AM »
I agree on babies. I think maybe they could do babies as a set rather than as individuals, save on packaging that way, maybe with a bottle each and a bear brush and ribbon. If they stuck to the US line they could do

Baby Unicorns (Glory, Moondancer)
Baby Pegasus (Surprise, Firefly)
Baby Earth (CC, Blossom)

Or they could do 2 sets of 3, with one of each species. Since most of those were never sold here, and since I had Blossom as a kid, I'd be interested in most all early babies.

I don't really hold out hope for any European or non US release ponies in this BUT you never know. Applejack, Lemon Drop and Bow Tie could be a set of three, or they could do mother and baby sets or something with them. I doubt they'll want to make strollers, although they are small accessories so maybe?  And Lemon Drop especially as I can't see us getting her any other way unless there's a playset pony release.

I agree that play and care set types would be lovely. Especially if they added in Lofty and Shady to complete the six. That set would also work with them in pairs.

Gusty/Ribbon
Heart Throb (pref for winged hearts even though I'm in the UK, it seems more correct)/Lofty
Shady/Lickety Split

If they made a regular version of baby Shady you would hear my excited squeak from the other side of the world.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 08:37:50 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Khoufu

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Waterfire is best pony. \\//,
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: June 14, 2018, 09:25:06 AM »
I would actually very likely buy a baby. I loved them as a kid but have only gotten a few babies for my adult collection. Babies were undoubtedly popular, so there should be a good chance that they'll make them. Somehow I also imagine they'll do sea ponies.
:enraged:   PM for a link to my Retro MLP group on Telegram!   

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal