collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: New 35th Anniversary Collector Ponies Spotted! Pics!  (Read 140593 times)

Offline Crystal-Sushi

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • Consistently broke :0
    • View Profile
Re: New 35th Anniversary Collector Ponies Spotted! Pics!
« Reply #870 on: February 19, 2018, 02:20:10 AM »
I started crying when I saw the photos from Toy Fair, I was just so happy! :blush:
I truly hope they make it over here to Australia, but I am so incredibly grateful to those who have offered to locate & ship them out if they don't wind up arriving here! :heart:
I finally found my grail! :heart:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: February 19, 2018, 03:36:42 AM »
I'm tempted to e-mail Hasbro Germany to ask about distribution. We have a huge market for pudgy unicorn products made in Germany right now so they should offer a rival product. G4 is not in that category stylistically but G1 is.

Offline Foxtale

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: February 19, 2018, 07:17:44 AM »
I wonder if the Fair has tried contacting Basic Fun! about coming to the Fair.  This is just something that has accured to me because of how SDCC and the Fair used to share an exclusive.

I mentioned the event to the representative and she said not currently, but they have just started working on this line. It is all still new so they will see how it all goes in hte upcoming years. :D Keep supporting the release!

International Collectors - A lot of you wrote about releases so here is my general response. ^.^ She didn't specify that they would NOT be released internationally but since these products are new a lot of the details are still being worked out so don't loose hope. In fact, I bet a lot of the deals regarding these products were worked out at meetings this weekend even so there is probably even more news. Upcoming online retail was discussed so hopefully they will be available all over soon. We really only spoke mostly of Hasbro UK because they were specific about the Rainbow releases. It seems like Hasbro UK has a lot of the say currently regarding some initial releases. 

If you are looking for the ponies and want to try to reach out to someone regarding getting them locally, contact your local toy store! I know it may sound silly, but a lot of small specialty shops were purchasing the ponies too so maybe asking your store will peak their interest. :D
~Foxtale~

Offline PrincessNikki

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • dressed like a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: February 19, 2018, 07:39:05 AM »
Three years of unboxing G1s....It will be three happy years.!..especially if Big Brothers are re-released!

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: February 19, 2018, 08:23:29 AM »
Ooooh all the new ponies look great!!! And hey, the Pretty Parlour DOES come with Peachy after all! (I think I can see Twinkles behind her, too.. ooooohh.. I admit I'd be very very tempted by a repro Twinkles..) I prolly won't be buying all of these but I'm excited to see the line continuing :D

Spoiler
Petitioned Ponies - They have received our mail and are looking into it! They were impressed by how organized the petition were and are currently trying to work with hasbro to make our dreams a reality. (Everything has to be approved by HASBRO).

*SCREECH*
The petition was for the Celestial ponies, right? or was it the RAMC pony? either way that's exciting.. I hope they can sort that out, it'd be great to see those at long last :) Thanks for all the info, Foxtale!

Interesting news about why we're getting the Rainbow ponies first instead of the collector ponies.. now that you mention it, there does appear to be a lot of retro merch with the Rainbow ponies on it over here. So I suppose it does make some sort of sense to release them here first, heh.

i just sooooooo badly want bubbles and seashell, especially seashell as iv never managed to find her unfaded without cancer spots or head body miss-match. also there just were never enough of the sitting pose ponies.
but iv just had a horrible thought they might not be able to make that set as hasbro still own the rights to applejack :(
Pretty sure these are Hasbro licensed, so it wouldn't really matter. It's like licensed merch with Hasbro owned characters on it. They could make Applejack and all of her set mates without a problem :) Even if they couldn't make Applejack, they could still make the rest of the set too!

Ehhh, I really don't think there'd be a problem there. The Little Factory were able to make a Dollymix Applejack so I don't see why Bridge Direct wouldn't be able to.

Offline Dreamer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: February 19, 2018, 08:26:06 AM »
Thing is, how does exactly one mail their local stores...? I am very timid when it comes to writing letters. Can anyone give one or two tips, please?

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #876 on: February 19, 2018, 08:46:18 AM »
I have already written to some. I dislike contacting people but ponies are at stake. Smyths passed my email on to their buyers. Waiting for responses from others though I have learned in the past that tru has lousy customer service on email so may write an actual letter.  I am going to write to Hasbro UK too. I feel they have always had a lot of influence and I want to remind them we have had a lot of Glory merch here too ;)

I mentioned the community to the stores and the fact we are big enough to have annual conventions in the UK attended by folk across Europe and sometimes further. I want them to see us as a market. Not just me on my own.

UK folk are traditionally bad at writing but I urge all UK folk to write to Hasbro UK about the stuff you want to see. There is a good chance what the UK gets Europe may get...so if emailing own Hasbro doesn't work try Hasbro UK and ask if there is going to be a pan European distribution.

We have to support this.

@Foxtale that is a mite more reassuring. Thanks for so much detail. I wonder if they expected such an outpouring of excitement. It sounds like it took them by surprise.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #877 on: February 19, 2018, 08:53:13 AM »
Interesting that Hasbro UK was the one who said "No, start with the Rainbow ponies, not the Collector ponies."  I guess I wasn't expecting that level of detail to be involved and assumed The Bridge Direct was only dealing with "one" Hasbro (the US branch.)  At most I thought maybe Hasbro would give TBD a list of what was released and be like "Have fun, lol."  Sounds like Hasbro UK is more hands-on than I thought!

I will gladly write a letter to Hasbro UK urging them to release the unicorns / pegasi and other sets for you guys (and to any other Hasbro branch, if people provide an address for me to write to.)  :)   And if anyone wants to print off scans of the UK comics from my blog (see my signature for the link) to 'prove' to Hasbro that Medley, Moondancer, etc, were in the comics, then feel free!
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: February 19, 2018, 09:24:53 AM »
@LM the email etc is posted a page or two back. And thanks about the scans. I may well do that when I send the letter to Hasbro. Thank you :) We all have to support each other to get these globally for as many people as possible. I mean, what if Hasbro UK decided to give us Mountain Boys instead of Big Brothers because we know them better? I imagine a few US people would be a bit upset about that. We all need to pull together to make sure everyone gets everything.

Hasbro UK has always been a bit unquantifiable. The proliferation of Princess Sparkle as the name of that princess made me think more was coming from the US but guess not. In a way though that knowledge is reassuring. At least now we know who to aim at...
« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 12:25:21 PM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline shimmer73083

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: February 19, 2018, 11:49:14 AM »
I'm super excited about all these releases! Will be buying two sets of each - one to keep MIB the other to unbox! Love being able to relive my childhood again. I am supporting this as much as I can so they keep up production!!!

Oh, and the Pretty Parlor and Firefly releases are going to make me cry!!! So excited!

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: February 19, 2018, 12:25:14 PM »
Hey guys!

News from Toy Fair, yesterday I had the privilege of talking to one of the women in charge of pony and I have some great official news for you all! (The close up pictures from instagram are mine ;D)

Spoiler
Original 6 Ponies: They are currently available at target USA (as we all know). Later this year, USA, Toys R Us and other specialty toy stores should have them as well as Target being restocked. (Walmart currently no but that may change) You should be able to order them online soon through outlets such as Amazon. Supposedly they didn't come to the UK and internationally first because HASBRO UK said that the market is more familiar with the rainbow ponies than the original 6 based on what came out in the 80s so they choose to release the Rainbow ponies first there!

Rainbow Ponies - They really are scented!!! Each one is scented a different thing. Some are berries, some vanilla, etc but they are lovely (this was a requested for the market). The rainbow ponies should be available in the Fall of 2018 in the USA as well. They are currently sold separately like the collector ponies. The mutli packs are hopefully for Black Friday and other sales.

Year 2 Unicorn and Pegasus Ponies - Available later this year in the individual boxes. They are beautiful in person! The glitter symbols are perfect and the hair is so silky. They will also come with original bows and combs.

Pretty Parlor - It is TBD who will potentially sell this. Keep supporting the pony releases and hope someone will :D

Future - They are currently working on approval for next year's items but I have mentioned that Sea Ponies would be a big deal and she seemed very interested. :D They get a lot of Big Brother requests so they are listening.

Special Ponies - Rumor has it they are working on an SDCC pony (original design) but they might not have it in time for 2018. Stay tuned.

Petitioned Ponies - They have received our mail and are looking into it! They were impressed by how organized the petition were and are currently trying to work with hasbro to make our dreams a reality. (Everything has to be approved by HASBRO).

Quality - These ponies are amazing and the team is very dedicated to making the best quality product possible so please support them. They look at all our websites and books that we have created to make the most accurate product possible. They 3D scan and model based off the original ponies. Currently they plan to release 2 lines every year for the next 3 years. Our ponies are in good hands!!! :D

Wow that is amazing news! Thanks for sharing this update!  :thumb:

...would be nice to have a schedule for the planned UK releases  :cool:

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: February 19, 2018, 12:30:06 PM »
Hey guys!

News from Toy Fair, yesterday I had the privilege of talking to one of the women in charge of pony and I have some great official news for you all! (The close up pictures from instagram are mine ;D)

Spoiler
Original 6 Ponies: They are currently available at target USA (as we all know). Later this year, USA, Toys R Us and other specialty toy stores should have them as well as Target being restocked. (Walmart currently no but that may change) You should be able to order them online soon through outlets such as Amazon. Supposedly they didn't come to the UK and internationally first because HASBRO UK said that the market is more familiar with the rainbow ponies than the original 6 based on what came out in the 80s so they choose to release the Rainbow ponies first there!

Rainbow Ponies - They really are scented!!! Each one is scented a different thing. Some are berries, some vanilla, etc but they are lovely (this was a requested for the market). The rainbow ponies should be available in the Fall of 2018 in the USA as well. They are currently sold separately like the collector ponies. The mutli packs are hopefully for Black Friday and other sales.

Year 2 Unicorn and Pegasus Ponies - Available later this year in the individual boxes. They are beautiful in person! The glitter symbols are perfect and the hair is so silky. They will also come with original bows and combs.

Pretty Parlor - It is TBD who will potentially sell this. Keep supporting the pony releases and hope someone will :D

Future - They are currently working on approval for next year's items but I have mentioned that Sea Ponies would be a big deal and she seemed very interested. :D They get a lot of Big Brother requests so they are listening.

Special Ponies - Rumor has it they are working on an SDCC pony (original design) but they might not have it in time for 2018. Stay tuned.

Quality - These ponies are amazing and the team is very dedicated to making the best quality product possible so please support them. They look at all our websites and books that we have created to make the most accurate product possible. They 3D scan and model based off the original ponies. Currently they plan to release 2 lines every year for the next 3 years. Our ponies are in good hands!!! :D

Wow that is amazing news! Thanks for sharing this update!  :thumb:

...would be nice to have a schedule for the planned UK releases  :cool:

Glitterball :) Join me! Write to Hasbro UK and ask them!! :)
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: February 19, 2018, 01:07:45 PM »
Interesting that Hasbro UK was the one who said "No, start with the Rainbow ponies, not the Collector ponies."  I guess I wasn't expecting that level of detail to be involved and assumed The Bridge Direct was only dealing with "one" Hasbro (the US branch.)  At most I thought maybe Hasbro would give TBD a list of what was released and be like "Have fun, lol."  Sounds like Hasbro UK is more hands-on than I thought!

I was surprised by that, too. I really didn't expect that Hasbro were involved in this at all really, heh.

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: February 19, 2018, 01:12:52 PM »

I was surprised by that, too. I really didn't expect that Hasbro were involved in this at all really, heh.

They'd have to be, though. Not just for the licence, but also the amount of artwork? Poster and packaging and so on? It does make sense.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Foxtale

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: February 19, 2018, 02:16:47 PM »

@Foxtale that is a mite more reassuring. Thanks for so much detail. I wonder if they expected such an outpouring of excitement. It sounds like it took them by surprise.

You're welcome. I think Bridge Direct isn't surprised but stores that are buying them probably are ;D
~Foxtale~

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal