collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: New 35th Anniversary Collector Ponies Spotted! Pics!  (Read 139281 times)

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: New 35th Anniversary Collector Ponies Spotted! Pics!
« Reply #855 on: February 18, 2018, 12:49:09 PM »
Wasn't there something that indicates they had releases planned beyond this year? I swear someone posted something that either the company themselves said or something in their product contract(?) that indicated they had released scheduled for 2-3 years...

I'm still holding out for a Dream Castle  :biggrin: or at least a Show Stable and/or Nursery. And year 3 rainbows - lets see a while Confetti!

Yes, I got a reply to an email from the Bridge Direct that said they have a 3 year plan.  Of course, I imagine that assumes they do well in stores the first year.

Offline shabbychicdee

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • MOC Mimic
  • professional thrifter and treasure hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: February 18, 2018, 12:53:45 PM »

It looks like Bridge direct is trying to follow the release years . So far we've had confirmation of Collector Ponies and Rainbows and now the Toy Fair images of the unicorns and pegasus. Do we dare to hope for adult sea ponies?

Ponyfan

omg sea ponies YES YES YES. please TBD. and the earth pony set with AJ, Seashell etc...
oh to be able to own a non manky seapony :lol:
im so hoping for the 2nd release seaponies. that was one set i could not complete due to the price and rarity of the shells.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

seeking retro MLP and Care Bear tin lunch boxes
wanted list
for trade

Offline Sunset

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: February 18, 2018, 12:57:14 PM »
Here is my original post with their reply.

Hey, hey, hey! I got a response.  The weird thing though is that I did *not* ask about the Big Brother ponies.  So either they got me confused with someone else or they have gotten that many requests that it's an automatic response.

Hello,
The first wave of ponies will be in stores in January (Target, TRU and others, but not Walmart). It includes the original 6 ponies released in 1982:
Butterscotch
Blue Belle
Minty
Snuzzle
Cotton Candy
Blossom

There  will be additional waves in Summer/Fall 2018. The Big Brother ponies are not part of 2018 plans but could be for future waves in our 3year plan.

Thank you,

Customer Service

So great news! Not a Target exclusive *and* they have a whole THREE YEAR plan!    :frolic:

Offline Foxtale

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: February 18, 2018, 12:59:36 PM »
Hey guys!

News from Toy Fair, yesterday I had the privilege of talking to one of the women in charge of pony and I have some great official news for you all! (The close up pictures from instagram are mine ;D)

Spoiler
Original 6 Ponies: They are currently available at target USA (as we all know). Later this year, USA, Toys R Us and other specialty toy stores should have them as well as Target being restocked. (Walmart currently no but that may change) You should be able to order them online soon through outlets such as Amazon. Supposedly they didn't come to the UK and internationally first because HASBRO UK said that the market is more familiar with the rainbow ponies than the original 6 based on what came out in the 80s so they choose to release the Rainbow ponies first there!

Rainbow Ponies - They really are scented!!! Each one is scented a different thing. Some are berries, some vanilla, etc but they are lovely (this was a requested for the market). The rainbow ponies should be available in the Fall of 2018 in the USA as well. They are currently sold separately like the collector ponies. The mutli packs are hopefully for Black Friday and other sales.

Year 2 Unicorn and Pegasus Ponies - Available later this year in the individual boxes. They are beautiful in person! The glitter symbols are perfect and the hair is so silky. They will also come with original bows and combs.

Pretty Parlor - It is TBD who will potentially sell this. Keep supporting the pony releases and hope someone will :D

Future - They are currently working on approval for next year's items but I have mentioned that Sea Ponies would be a big deal and she seemed very interested. :D They get a lot of Big Brother requests so they are listening.

Special Ponies - Rumor has it they are working on an SDCC pony (original design) but they might not have it in time for 2018. Stay tuned.

Petitioned Ponies - They have received our mail and are looking into it! They were impressed by how organized the petition were and are currently trying to work with hasbro to make our dreams a reality. (Everything has to be approved by HASBRO).

Quality - These ponies are amazing and the team is very dedicated to making the best quality product possible so please support them. They look at all our websites and books that we have created to make the most accurate product possible. They 3D scan and model based off the original ponies. Currently they plan to release 2 lines every year for the next 3 years. Our ponies are in good hands!!! :D

« Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 01:10:09 PM by Foxtale »
~Foxtale~

Offline Sunset

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: February 18, 2018, 01:16:00 PM »
Hey guys!

News from Toy Fair, yesterday I had the privilege of talking to one of the women in charge of pony and I have some great official news for you all! (The close up pictures from instagram are mine ;D)

Spoiler
Original 6 Ponies: They are currently available at target USA (as we all know). Later this year, USA, Toys R Us and other specialty toy stores should have them as well as Target being restocked. (Walmart currently no but that may change) You should be able to order them online soon through outlets such as Amazon. Supposedly they didn't come to the UK and internationally first because HASBRO UK said that the market is more familiar with the rainbow ponies than the original 6 based on what came out in the 80s so they choose to release the Rainbow ponies first there!

Rainbow Ponies - They really are scented!!! Each one is scented a different thing. Some are berries, some vanilla, etc but they are lovely (this was a requested for the market). The rainbow ponies should be available in the Fall of 2018 in the USA as well. They are currently sold separately like the collector ponies. The mutli packs are hopefully for Black Friday and other sales.

Year 2 Unicorn and Pegasus Ponies - Available later this year in the individual boxes. They are beautiful in person! The glitter symbols are perfect and the hair is so silky. They will also come with original bows and combs.

Pretty Parlor - It is TBD who will potentially sell this. Keep supporting the pony releases and hope someone will :D

Future - They are currently working on approval for next year's items but I have mentioned that Sea Ponies would be a big deal and she seemed very interested. :D They get a lot of Big Brother requests so they are listening.

Special Ponies - Rumor has it they are working on an SDCC pony (original design) but they might not have it in time for 2018. Stay tuned.

Petitioned Ponies - They have received our mail and are looking into it! They were impressed by how organized the petition were and are currently trying to work with hasbro to make our dreams a reality. (Everything has to be approved by HASBRO).

Quality - These ponies are amazing and the team is very dedicated to making the best quality product possible so please support them. They look at all our websites and books that we have created to make the most accurate product possible. They 3D scan and model based off the original ponies. Currently they plan to release 2 lines every year for the next 3 years. Our ponies are in good hands!!! :D

Thank you so much for that update!  It's so nice to hear that they are paying attention and doing their research.  :D

Offline Dreamer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: February 18, 2018, 01:20:25 PM »
Hey guys!

Spoiler

Nothing yet for European release, but I'm glad we can get them through Amazon as well :frolic:

Offline shabbychicdee

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • MOC Mimic
  • professional thrifter and treasure hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: February 18, 2018, 01:22:08 PM »
thank you Foxtale you are awesome  :worshippy: :worshippy: :worshippy:

seeking retro MLP and Care Bear tin lunch boxes
wanted list
for trade

Offline Sunset

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: February 18, 2018, 01:24:04 PM »
I wonder if the Fair has tried contacting Basic Fun! about coming to the Fair.  This is just something that has accured to me because of how SDCC and the Fair used to share an exclusive.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #863 on: February 18, 2018, 02:06:12 PM »
@Foxtale thanks for that detail. I wish you could have asked if the UK and other countries will get stuff going forward too but I huess we just have to hope. If the US are getting rainbows it only seems fair. I think it was Lady Pinwheel that suggested that was the reason we are getting rainbows furst so kudos to her.

It would be nice if they answered our enquiries from here about stuff like this. I want to support this project but they are frustrating me by ignoring messages...

I guess my next letter is to Hasbro UK asking for Medley...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline LadyPinwheel

• Pink Punk Unicorn
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • My reality is just different than yours
    • View Profile
    • LadyPinwheel's Pony Realm
« Reply #864 on: February 18, 2018, 02:24:55 PM »
Hey guys!

Spoiler

This is great news!!

Offline LadyPinwheel

• Pink Punk Unicorn
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: February 18, 2018, 02:27:32 PM »
@Foxtale thanks for that detail. I wish you could have asked if the UK and other countries will get stuff going forward too but I huess we just have to hope. If the US are getting rainbows it only seems fair. I think it was Lady Pinwheel that suggested that was the reason we are getting rainbows furst so kudos to her.

It would be nice if they answered our enquiries from here about stuff like this. I want to support this project but they are frustrating me by ignoring messages...

I feel a bit frustrated too. I wish information would be more fluent. And they are being way more informative than Hasbro! XD But yes... there are still SO many questions and answers come so slow... Let's keep hopes up and wish that we will all get them everywhere.

Offline Sunset

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: February 18, 2018, 02:43:09 PM »

It definitly seems like contacting Hasbro Uk is the way to go if you want Medley, etc.  Maybe you can send them some photo copies of some of the comics featuring Medley, Glory, etc.  A picture is worth a thousand words and all that.  That along with your personal story of childhood frustration just might be convincing enough.  Especially if some other UKers will do the same.

Offline LadyPinwheel

• Pink Punk Unicorn
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: February 18, 2018, 02:55:10 PM »

It definitly seems like contacting Hasbro Uk is the way to go if you want Medley, etc.  Maybe you can send them some photo copies of some of the comics featuring Medley, Glory, etc.  A picture is worth a thousand words and all that.  That along with your personal story of childhood frustration just might be convincing enough.  Especially if some other UKers will do the same.

Do you know if Hasbro UK leads or controls what is sold in the rest of Europe? Because in Hasbro Spain they have no clue about the 35th anniversary ponies... or so they say. And if UK is the one to contact, I'll be more than happy to do so too.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #868 on: February 18, 2018, 03:12:26 PM »

Do you know if Hasbro UK leads or controls what is sold in the rest of Europe? Because in Hasbro Spain they have no clue about the 35th anniversary ponies... or so they say. And if UK is the one to contact, I'll be more than happy to do so too.

I need to check if they're still at the same location. Hasbro Europe's address is on the back of the G4 packaging and it's in London apparently, but Hasbro UK used to be in South Wales...and I don't know if they're different.

Yep, quick google search tells me they are still in Gwent. So I don't know what's going on with two distribution centres, but this is the place I wrote to in the nineties and in 2003 and in both cases they replied. In 1995 they had a lot of G1 information and could help me with stuff I asked. 2003ish they confirmed the sale of some G3 ponies coming out in the near future. Worth a shot I think.

https://www.yell.com/biz/hasbro-uk-ltd-newport-7683238/
or also
https://www.hasbro.com/en-gb/customer-service/
For their address.

They also seem to have an email though. I'll write by post probably as it's just a stamp, but if anyone fancies emailing them about bringing all of these guys to the UK and Europe, great.
[email protected]

I don't know for sure if they are dealing with the whole of Europe or not through that branch but Hasbro Europe is in London and in the past, the art style and packaging for some European cards seems to have started here, so maybe worth a try? At the very least to ask?

Hasbro in Germany used to be quite communicative as well and they were a major hub so maybe trying them is a good plan as well. I don't have their current address any more but the G4 card might have more information?

I was going to do that exact thing. Find some images to prove how much Medley and company were used here so that they know there's a market. I figure I can complain about it only if I've exhausted all avenues :)

I just think it's poor customer service to give so many details to the US market and yet give us absolutely nothing, not even a release date or hint of stores...and now total radio silence. It's hard to support something when you're not being supported in return.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 03:21:13 PM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline NightGliderSA

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: February 19, 2018, 01:48:29 AM »
Hey guys!

Spoiler

Wow, that is truly amazing news! Thank you for going to the trouble to find out what was happening and sharing it with all of us.

It is very frustrating that these ponies might not be coming to all countries but I think that perhaps what we need to concentrate on is the fact that they exist. They actually truly exist. Because now there is a chance of obtaining them and reliving that wonderful memory of opening a new pony without all the guilt of ruining something in limited supply. And now I can share this joy with my kids. That is just so awesome!

And what is even more awesome is all the people who have offered to buy the ponies and ship them at cost to those who are unfortunate enough not to have distribution in their countries. Thank you for that! What an incredible offer: it is nice to come across kindness for kindness sake these days.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal