collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: New 35th Anniversary Collector Ponies Spotted! Pics!  (Read 140845 times)

Offline Shy Violet

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: New 35th Anniversary Collector Ponies Spotted! Pics!
« Reply #840 on: February 17, 2018, 08:44:46 PM »
So, so happy! Now please come to Canada! I want them all  :biggrin:

Offline tebrighteyes

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Power Puff Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: February 17, 2018, 11:24:07 PM »
Those are so amazing!!!  I need everything!  :lovey: :lovey:

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #842 on: February 17, 2018, 11:41:04 PM »
Well, I'll be most assuredly getting these. Lots of these. ALL of these! Even though we don't know where they'll be released (or when), I make this offer to anyone might miss out on US released Retro Ponies:

I am more than happy to hunt down any wanted ponies and ship them out to people for cost of pony + shipping. No one should be denied Retro Ponies due to foolish inventory strategies.

*hugs* thats so nice <3 Im still in love with the two you got me :D

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: February 18, 2018, 01:35:50 AM »
Well I emailed the company a while back about whether these sets would be available in Australia, absolutely no response - not even an acknowledgement.
Since the stores I contacted didn't even know they existed my guess is Australia isn't getting any of these at all. Maybe it will be different news post Toy Fair, but I'm guessing not.
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline bibliodragon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Magic Motion Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: February 18, 2018, 02:23:02 AM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/BfSSt7PhwNG/

Oh my goodness, is that the Grooming Parlour with Peachy I see on the bottom row? This has gone from 'neat, I might pick up one or two if they ever make it to the UK' to 'I MUST HAVE IT NOW!' That's my first ever (and now long lost) Pony!

Firefly and Medley are also tempting me. As a kid I could never understand why I could never find them.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 02:28:14 AM by bibliodragon »

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #845 on: February 18, 2018, 04:23:19 AM »
Well I emailed the company a while back about whether these sets would be available in Australia, absolutely no response - not even an acknowledgement.
Since the stores I contacted didn't even know they existed my guess is Australia isn't getting any of these at all. Maybe it will be different news post Toy Fair, but I'm guessing not.

It took weeks for me to get an email back. I asked them about the collector ponies coming to the UK and the response I got was a one line message saying the Rainbow Ponies might be sold in the US later in the year. They didn't even READ my message, and when I thanked them for the email and pointed out that I had asked something different, no response to that.

I am still waiting for a reply to a facebook message left in January. I did leave a message asking about Medley and Glory and co for the UK yesterday. They've seen it, but no response. I'll give them a bit longer on that one, but they don't even bother to acknowledge stuff now. I take it as a bad sign if they don't answer.

As for anyone complaining about them rereleasing sets you already have, please stop. Don't take for granted the sure knowledge you'll have the choice whether to walk into a shop and buy them or not. Some of us didn't get them first time and may not get them second time. I've been waiting 32 years for Glory and Medley to show up on UK store shelves. It's really grating hearing people complain about the small stuff. If you don't want them, then you don't have to buy them. But at least you have the choice without shipping, no customs duties. Please don't take for granted how blessed you guys really are in this. I would give up quite a lot of the early UK exclusive ponies to have had the chance to have Medley and Glory as a child :/

@bibliodragon - because Hasbro UK put them in all of our stories, but never sold them here. The UK is pretty much the only country who didn't get them in some form or another. My mother looked for them for me for 3 years as they were my childhood favourites.. I gave up believing they existed after a while. I did pick up Glory at a boot sale here in the middle 1990s. No idea how or why, she was also with Moondancer, and they had no tails, but seriously, you'd think I just found a MOC Mimic or something xD. Because of that, I guess Medley is the one that still hurts more than Glory. I mean, it took a long time, but I did finally have my finding Glory in the UK moment. It's still never happened for Medley. The first time I ever saw her except as a drawing was when my US trade partner brought her over for us in April 1998. It would just make my Christmas to go into Tesco or somewhere and see her.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Gator

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: February 18, 2018, 06:03:56 AM »

as for anyone complaining, please stop

There were alot of ponies the United States did not get as well.  It goes both ways.
 I am not trying to start anything, and I'll bow out after this message, but when I brought up trading these guys for G1 overseas ponies that I never had a chance to get as a child, I was shot down.  And I would not scam anyone one.  If it took two 35th anniversary ponies to equal one persons double NSS Northstar they had hanging around, so be it.
 And now I can't voice my opinion?

Please don't be offended Taffeta.  I enjoy reading your posts because you are so much more knowledgeable than myself when it comes to ponies.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 06:20:04 AM by Gator »

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #847 on: February 18, 2018, 06:37:34 AM »
as for anyone complaining, please stop

There were alot of ponies the United States did not get as well.  It goes both ways.
 I am not trying to start anything, and I'll bow out after this message, but when I brought up trading these guys for G1 overseas ponies that I never had a chance to get as a child, I was shot down.  And I would not scam anyone one.  If it took two 35th anniversary ponies to equal one persons double NSS Northstar they had hanging around, so be it.
 And now I can't voice my opinion?

Please don't be offended Taffeta.  I enjoy reading your posts because you are so much more knowledgeable than myself when it comes to ponies.

You can voice your opinion, of course you can. And nobody shot you down over trading either.  It was the company that was being criticised, for not offering them globally from the start. There's a difference between the kindness of the pony community in sending them abroad and the reality of being able to buy ponies in stores. Not just the cost, but just the experience of it, which importing them kind of takes away. Maybe that doesn't make sense. It's hard to explain it in another way. You have to realise how frustrating it is when you don't know if you can ever get these in your stores, and someone is objecting to the choice of pony. It's kind of...it jars a bit.

As for the international ponies, the US had as many ponies the UK didn't have and vice versa in the 1980s and 1990s. It pans out about the same. I am not really bothered about those although I would have liked them. But there is a difference when you grow up with certain ponies in all the books, comics and merchandise, and then never being able to buy them. I don't mind if Hasbro bring out even Taffeta or Night Glider and they don't come to the UK because I never grew up wanting them. But Glory and Medley runs deep. And I just want people to not take for granted what they have. Because you guys are the lucky ones. Really.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #848 on: February 18, 2018, 07:51:58 AM »
As for anyone complaining about them rereleasing sets you already have, please stop. Don't take for granted the sure knowledge you'll have the choice whether to walk into a shop and buy them or not.

True . . . And also we should remember that a lot of people buying them will be people who are not collectors, but loved these ponies as kids . . . The now-adults who lost Medley at the beach or in a bus, whose toys got given away, or are perma-lost in an attic or basement somewhere.  People who haven't thought about MLP in years, but who are going to get a huge dose of nostalgia when they see these and will buy them for their kids. 

Let's be happy that a bunch of kids out there will get brand new MIB G1 ponies to love--even if they are ponies we, personally, already have.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: February 18, 2018, 11:13:14 AM »
:iconclap: :iconclap: :iconclap: :iconclap: :iconclap: :iconclap:
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline LadyPinwheel

• Pink Punk Unicorn
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • My reality is just different than yours
    • View Profile
    • LadyPinwheel's Pony Realm
« Reply #850 on: February 18, 2018, 11:38:29 AM »

@bibliodragon - because Hasbro UK put them in all of our stories, but never sold them here. The UK is pretty much the only country who didn't get them in some form or another. My mother looked for them for me for 3 years as they were my childhood favourites.. I gave up believing they existed after a while. I did pick up Glory at a boot sale here in the middle 1990s. No idea how or why, she was also with Moondancer, and they had no tails, but seriously, you'd think I just found a MOC Mimic or something xD. Because of that, I guess Medley is the one that still hurts more than Glory. I mean, it took a long time, but I did finally have my finding Glory in the UK moment. It's still never happened for Medley. The first time I ever saw her except as a drawing was when my US trade partner brought her over for us in April 1998. It would just make my Christmas to go into Tesco or somewhere and see her.

We never got them in Spain  either. And I LOVED Medley and Firefly because of the books and Rescue at Midnight Castle. The same with Glory. But they never sold them here. So I understand the feeling. It would be so cool to get them here. But I'm slowly loosing hope on that part. :/ I still hope we can get them from Amazon.

Offline PrincessNikki

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • dressed like a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: February 18, 2018, 11:54:16 AM »
I bought the collectors ponies for the 35th anniversary gimmick, but I'm not going to re-buy every pony I already have.  It'd be different if they changed up the poses a bit.  I love Sunbeam, but hate that unicorn pose!
oh have non sitting ponies sitting and have seashell and bubbles in a standing pose :lol:
or have the CP ponies in other poses.......fantastic ;)

That would be the coolest ever!

Offline otocolobus_manul

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Hope shines eternal
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: February 18, 2018, 12:00:50 PM »
Wasn't there something that indicates they had releases planned beyond this year? I swear someone posted something that either the company themselves said or something in their product contract(?) that indicated they had released scheduled for 2-3 years...

I'm still holding out for a Dream Castle  :biggrin: or at least a Show Stable and/or Nursery. And year 3 rainbows - lets see a while Confetti!
looking for this Calico Critters/Sylvanian Families coat rack!
New sales/trade thread: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,378291.0.html
Wishlist: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,360893.msg1319821.html#msg1319821

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: February 18, 2018, 12:30:07 PM »
I have a few vague memories of picking out ponies in stores but not many. I remember my grandmother bought me the Birthday Party Pack Sugarberry/Strawberry Fair, Twinkler, SS Twilight and Mirror Mirror.  I do remember buying Baby Palm Tree at Walmart because I wanted her to be a baby for my Pina Colada/Hula Hula.

I was so excited to see the retro collector ponies and I remember staring at them in the mail order pamphlet when I was little  and wishing I could get them.  It was so exciting to find a buy a retro pony in the stores. I missed the 25th anniversary Collector Pose and Rainbow sets so I don't feel bad buying these.

I'm really excited for the unicorns and pegasus sets also and really hope that they will be released globally so everyone will have a chance to buy them.

It looks like Bridge direct is trying to follow the release years . So far we've had confirmation of Collector Ponies and Rainbows and now the Toy Fair images of the unicorns and pegasus. Do we dare to hope for adult sea ponies?

I wanted the My Little Pony Tales ponies but in the US we only got the cartoon.

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 12:31:44 PM by Ponyfan »

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline shabbychicdee

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • MOC Mimic
  • professional thrifter and treasure hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: February 18, 2018, 12:46:26 PM »
As for anyone complaining about them rereleasing sets you already have, please stop. Don't take for granted the sure knowledge you'll have the choice whether to walk into a shop and buy them or not.

True . . . And also we should remember that a lot of people buying them will be people who are not collectors, but loved these ponies as kids . . . The now-adults who lost Medley at the beach or in a bus, whose toys got given away, or are perma-lost in an attic or basement somewhere.  People who haven't thought about MLP in years, but who are going to get a huge dose of nostalgia when they see these and will buy them for their kids. 

Let's be happy that a bunch of kids out there will get brand new MIB G1 ponies to love--even if they are ponies we, personally, already have.

im not complaining. :)
i just so wished they will come to nz, i will pick out the ones that are sentimental to me or that are different to mine.
and it would be amazing if they were in stores here so i can ask my daughter if she wanted one and which one/ones she wants. that would be a fantastic to buy her a new G1 of the shelves. she was born when G3.5 were still in the shops so those and g4's is her generation but she loves ponies of all generations.

also iv sold  ponies that are G4 and G3.5 to people for their kids and i got chatting to them and they said they had the old ones back in the day (G1's) and they loved them and missed them, then i pulled out some of my double up G1's to give them and they were over joyed to see the old ones again and so grateful, they had tears in their eyes, so it would be great for non collectors and kids of the 80s to be able to see them again in stores :D

seeking retro MLP and Care Bear tin lunch boxes
wanted list
for trade

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal